Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I missed the favorite bits discussion. Here is one of mine, Sal's sleepover request:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeBaOczgZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok goons what, in your opinion, is the most ridiculous or dumb thing a wack packer has done? There's so much to choose from with ETM, but listening to some 2009 clips, I'd have to say when he called Johnny at 3am and woke his infant son. With a 10-month-old myself, I think I would have thrown him down a long flight of stairs for that one. And to have him not even apologize or feel sorry or stupid for it just drives me loving nuts.

Second to that would be HPE and Joey Boots in the Craptacular. Jesus christ :psyduck:

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok goons what, in your opinion, is the most ridiculous or dumb thing a wack packer has done? There's so much to choose from with ETM, but listening to some 2009 clips, I'd have to say when he called Johnny at 3am and woke his infant son. With a 10-month-old myself, I think I would have thrown him down a long flight of stairs for that one. And to have him not even apologize or feel sorry or stupid for it just drives me loving nuts.

Second to that would be HPE and Joey Boots in the Craptacular. Jesus christ :psyduck:

In December, when my son was 8 months old, a pizza driver accidentally rang my door bell 20 minutes after he fell asleep. Thank goodness I'm not a gun owner.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

probably anything jeff the drunk related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2tAI3Jr5I

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Ok goons what, in your opinion, is the most ridiculous or dumb thing a wack packer has done?

"Find that guy. His name's Jerry. You know what to do. You know what to do."

Pure comedy gold. I mean, really. Eric the Midget tried to get a hit taken out on some kid from his high school who was talking poo poo, and he calls Johnny Fratto of all people, who he knows is going to send that voicemail to the Stern Show. Eric literally thought life was like an episode of the Sopranos and Jerry was going to end up with concrete sneakers in the Bay.

e: What would have happened if Johnny had taken that to the cops instead?

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 26, 2015

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Probably that Jesus Twin what got himself suicided by the cops. That's pretty goddamn wackadoo.

I hear Sour sat in for awhile on the show recently. What date was that?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

I hear Sour sat in for awhile on the show recently. What date was that?

5/12/15, the same day as the James Taylor interview.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That tape of Johnny yelling at Eric while his baby was WAILING in the background was incredible. I heard it last week and was loving dying. I forgot how funny it was.

I think from a pure objectively stupid thing, ETM canceling the meeting with that big time ABC VP the day before (and the VP had to call him to find out) was just dumb. He canceled it because he wanted it to be closer to the American Idol final. The day after he canceled it the crew was trying to explain to Eric how stupid he was to cancel it and he could not understand why it mattered. The VP was in charge of the Bachelor, which was a massive hit, and some other shows, and they had the head of ABC casting in there, some marketing guys, etc. and ETM basically no showed it.

They spent like 20 minutes trying to explain to Eric how dumb he was to cancel it and the whole time he was like "I'm.not.fu-ck.....ing...stupid"

Thank god the VP rescheduled because the same trip led to this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ok goons what, in your opinion, is the most ridiculous or dumb thing a wack packer has done?

parthenocarpy posted:

I missed the favorite bits discussion. Here is one of mine, Sal's sleepover request:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeBaOczgZY

As far as I'm concerned, Sal was still a wack packer at this point. Sal before he learned enough to keep his mouth shut most of the time was pure gold.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

As far as I'm concerned, Sal was still a wack packer at this point. Sal before he learned enough to keep his mouth shut most of the time was pure gold.

The whole Emotional Friend thing was pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSxIUtu-YzU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Reading about Bobby Flay divorcing Stephanie March just reminded me of that time the two of them were at the studio and Sal just runs up and says "your food tastes better than pussy" and Howard just rails on him for 30 minutes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

After hearing 'Angry Young Booey', I realized I had no idea what the song was based off of. Finally found that it was 'Angry Young Man' by Billy Joel (I'm not really a Billy Joel fan, so I guess I just totally missed this one).

Anyway, I thought 'poo poo, that reminds me of an old NES song', and I think this is what I was thinking of, unless there's another one out there that sounds even closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7lKuLNj3E

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I actually got mad listening to Sal not grasping how to pronounce Elle Macpherson's name. That 102 IQ seems awful generous.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

prefect posted:

https://youtu.be/URg5rmFIOEs?t=29m9s

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I just heard an old clip I totally forgot about. It is part of the ETM megapack.

They asked Sal who the generals were during the Civil War. He said General Custer, and they asked him how he knew that, and he said he had heard of General Custer because of an Atari game. Gary looks it up and the game was banned and Sal said he knew that and the reason he got the game was because it was banned and you could rape indian women while playing it.

what a psycho

ps According to him, the other general was General Washington, but then he said maybe General Lee because of the Dukes of Hazard (technically I guess he was correct here)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, to be fair to Sal a bit, Custer's Revenge IS kind of infamous.

Still, that is the worst justification for it, if he mentioned the rape.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It's a very infamous game and the rape is the focal point of the game. You're a naked Custer with a visible hard-on and you avoid arrows to reach the other side of the screen that has a tied-up, naked Native American woman.

It's creepier because Sal knows it and he's Sal but I mean it really is a game about rape.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 27, 2015

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Looked for the Ranger game on NBC and got the first episode of AGT instead. They did a lie detector bit with Howard and Nick Cannon and I couldn't stop thinking of Artie's Ed Torian impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq3ntmlNVS0

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Well, to be fair to Sal a bit, Custer's Revenge IS kind of infamous.

Still, that is the worst justification for it, if he mentioned the rape.

I remember playing that game, it was a different time, you could virtually rape things without people getting too upset. A simpler time.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Crotch Bat posted:

It's a very infamous game and the rape is the focal point of the game. You're a naked Custer with a visible hard-on and you avoid arrows to reach the other side of the screen that has a tied-up, naked Native American woman.

It's creepier because Sal knows it and he's Sal but I mean it really is a game about rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8tdieB30c

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, was Kenneth Keith Kallumbach like the prototype Sour Shoes, but with less talent, and slightly more sanity? I don't really know much about the guy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

So, was Kenneth Keith Kallumbach like the prototype Sour Shoes, but with less talent, and slightly more sanity? I don't really know much about the guy.

Kenneth Keith Kallenbach was more like Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. :corsair:

He was a goofy idiot who would say and do dumb stuff. He had a terrible band, which played terrible "comedy rock" songs. He had a weird Philadelphia accent. He made videos of stupid poo poo like him and his friends taking a dump in the woods.

He died in prison because he got picked up for "soliciting a minor", and he died there because they didn't get him medical help in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-BUr85-sM

This was one of those occasions where Steve Langford was doing real good work. He tried pretty hard to get people to pay attention to private prisons.

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 27, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Kenneth Keith Kallenbach was more like Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. :corsair:

He was a goofy idiot who would say and do dumb stuff. He had a terrible band, which played terrible "comedy rock" songs. He had a weird Philadelphia accent. He made videos of stupid poo poo like him and his friends taking a dump in the woods.

He died in prison because he got picked up for "soliciting a minor", and he died there because they didn't get him medical help in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-BUr85-sM

This was one of those occasions where Steve Langford was doing real good work. He tried pretty hard to get people to pay attention to private prisons.

I've actually heard this clip, and yeah, Steve was pretty broken up about it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

he could blow smoke out of his tear ducts

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

he could blow smoke out of his tear ducts

:newlol:

Reminds me of Vinnie Mazzeo, Junior, who was always trying to fry an egg on his privates.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

All of the Magic Chronicles (and moreo) are here:

http://scriptcover.com/

My hosting - have fun!

I love this site, but it needs the entire ETM saga.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I love this site, but it needs the entire ETM saga.

ETM 2010-2014 are online at ericthebedhumper3's channel, but its like 7+ hour chunks, and I have yet to find a way to rip those into mp3 reliably.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

ETM 2010-2014 are online at ericthebedhumper3's channel, but its like 7+ hour chunks, and I have yet to find a way to rip those into mp3 reliably.

Yeah, I know Youtube is an answer, but man, I now love downloading those mp3s to my phone and listening to them during my commute. I've done that with the youtube vids, but then I get close to my data cap.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just use one of those youtube to mp3 sites, there's a couple without length restrictions. I've used it for the Artie addiction saga and Todd Packer stuff before.

http://www.vidtomp3.com/ This one just accepted a 9 hour youtube, should serve your purposes

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 27, 2015

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Tried it. It accepts it and lets you download it, but then the mp3 shows 9 hours but when you load it and click beyond 2 or 3 hours it stops.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any alternate ways to get some of the Todd Packer clips? I went to his YT channel and have been able to get a few of the downloads but alot of them are set to private or are asking to download " download managers". The Tradio and High Pitch packs are all set to private.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

GenoCanSing posted:

Tried it. It accepts it and lets you download it, but then the mp3 shows 9 hours but when you load it and click beyond 2 or 3 hours it stops.

Whoops. Yeah I think I only ever used it for something around 2 hours max actually.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

be a man and download the mp4 then rip the audio yourself

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
drat, the last ETM call with Artie there was ETM saying Artie was a baby for canceling his gigs over the 2009 Christmas Break due to stress. ETM wanted to do stand up at one of them. Then Artie of course tries to kill himself and the next call they don't even mention it.

I have never made it through the parts of the pack after Artie was gone (or really the show in general..I think I quit being an obsessed daily listener shortly after). I can't decide if I want to or not.

I might have to switch to the SS Mund saga. I never finished that one. Or maybe the Magic Hour after you guys talked about it. Which is more hilarious?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ronnie Mund is an Uptight Jew....

that goddamn limo can be seen from the moon

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Ribsauce posted:

I have never made it through the parts of the pack after Artie was gone (or really the show in general..I think I quit being an obsessed daily listener shortly after). I can't decide if I want to or not.

I might have to switch to the SS Mund saga. I never finished that one. Or maybe the Magic Hour after you guys talked about it. Which is more hilarious?

There are actually some very funny moments in 2011 when Eric was acting on In Plain Sight and his contract negotiations included that he wanted absolutely no werewolves on set. He was very serious about this. I think Howard even got a producer on the phone so that Eric could yell at him about werewolves.

The SS Mund is a very very funny saga, but I love anything Ronnie the Limo Driver.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

More like a prototype Steve-O. He was always either doing stunts or trying to get publicity by acting like a weirdo.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

nvm

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Riosan posted:

There are actually some very funny moments in 2011 when Eric was acting on In Plain Sight and his contract negotiations included that he wanted absolutely no werewolves on set. He was very serious about this. I think Howard even got a producer on the phone so that Eric could yell at him about werewolves.

The SS Mund is a very very funny saga, but I love anything Ronnie the Limo Driver.

Don't forget his contractually obligated 20 oz. bottle of Coca Cola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

After the recommendation here, I have to give praise to the Magic Hour saga. It's just so good.