Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AltronHGX posted:

Hell yeah, Richard in one day of his life has more happiness and fulfillment than Howard has had in his entire life. Howard just wishes he had a passion or interest in anything but loving Beth anymore.

Seriously. Misery loves company and Howard is a perfect example of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Smeep posted:

They'd have to constantly be cleaning the screens with Windex or whatever and Howard would freak about chemicals getting on his dainty fingertips and he'd end up wearing surgical gloves in the studio.

Or those finger condoms that Jackie used to use.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Holy poo poo, High Pitch Eric can speak in a deep voice if he tries.

Yep, his deep voice is also his impersonation of KC. He says it hurts to talk like that for long periods of time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Millstone posted:

In other news,

Good to see them feeding the cat its own feces.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Yep, that's one hot girl. Got a cute Jessica Alba vibe going on.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Smeep posted:

Howard pays a woman to come to his house and do his nails?? How did I miss this?

Wow Howard...that's pretty drat gay.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

scapulataf posted:

Seeing how ETM gets all pissed off about the rumours of his deaht, inspired me to write this email to Richard Christy today:

Hey man, love the show and all that. I don't know if its been done already, because I don't have the opportunity to listen from begining to end every day. But, I was thinknig a good prank for Eric th Midget would be to announce his death on the air. I've seen some of his youtube videos where he bitches about people spreading rumours about his death, they're great.
But to get real reactions from people, you might need to only have Howard in on it.
Something on the lines of, talk it over with Howard, and have him spring it on the show, Say for example Howard: "I just got a call from so and so saying that ETM died last night".

The rest of the staff, will of course react by being happy or sad, but I think it will make ETM go insane. Then Howard will talk about planning a small memorial service etc...

Its possible that you might need Steve Langford in on it though. Just to give it some "credibility".

Possibly funny but I don't think they would do it just because he's got family and friends and they would freak the gently caress out.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

heavy liquid posted:

I think he just can't be bothered. He mentioned a couple weeks ago when he was talking about finding a replacement for Bubba how he hates it when they bring him a bunch of tapes to listen to.

He's barley putting an effort into the show.

-He's cut an hour off of each show (20%)
-Can't be bothered to find a replacement for the Jackie/Artie chair
-Can't be bothered (along with Gary) to get decent guests
-Can't be bothered to find talent to fill his two channels
-Rumored to go to 3 days a week from 4 any day now

He's not much better than the Oprah channel he makes fun of now. Hey, let's just put on some more re-runs of old shows!

Howard is getting on in years and I think his desire to put on a full on quality show is in a serious decline. I was honestly surprised that he signed on for another 5 years. I think the only reason he did re-sign was he didn't want to feel the guilt of putting his staff out of work.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

:suicide:

I'm sure that's how Artie felt whenever they would talk about sports.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

therapy posted:

They can't handle not being successful in some way - they're embarrassed by their uselessness to society, especially in comparison to their wealthy, famous, talented parent/spouse. So they start volunteering for some cause or other in order to have something to talk about at society parties and such. "Oh, I used to do a bit of modeling/acting, but recently I've been so busy with the Cancer Initiative/North Shore Animal League/Poor Underprivileged Midgets..."

This couldn't be more true. I associate with some people who make really good money and ALL of their wives are always involved in some sort of cause. The husbands are glad they do this because it gets them off of their back.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

burmart posted:

Old people discussing the internet at 7:48. It's painful to listen to.

Robin: I'm beginning to get it. IT'S CALLED THE WORLD WIDE WEB! It's an interconnected network of computers!

The movie "Terminator" isn't too far off! I see that now because we have smart phones!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

I know I'm behind here (I'm still listening to last week), but seriously, enough with the loving phone talk. I can't stand it when people obsess over their loving phones in real life, why would I want to hear about it on the radio?

I'm with you. I sit next to a guy at my office that checks his droid constantly and will always tell me the latest poo poo it can do. Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

He also looks really gross on the wrap up show and he probably kills people and wears their skin around the house.

"Wanna gently caress me? I'd gently caress me"

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

*Stuttering John Voice* Liiiiisaaaaaarrrr Laampignellliiiii

gently caress this show today.

You serious? That unfunny hag is back on today? loving hell.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

Holy gently caress I had no idea Robin was balding that badly. Someone needs to call in and try to ask her about it.

Seriously, its really bad. I know we make fun of her and stuff but I bet she goes home everyday and cries about it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

I don't love him, but every time I see him I get an uncontrollable urge to suck his dick.

What was that insane number of blow jobs he said he's had in his life again? Something like 82?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vakal posted:

All I remember is that he tripped the lie detector when they had him repeat it.

Yeah that and when they made him recount it he was down to like 30. Hein really is a loving weird dude.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

Seriously though, where I am from in NJ it's a pretty offensive word that'll get you an rear end kicking if you say it. Not sure in other places what the story is.

In Houston its not offensive at all. Its the South though so that's all you need to know as to why its not.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

quote:

I don't think Walker wants to get up any earlier then he has to to tell his favorite Matt Dillon story.

It wouldn't be a problem if he told it real briefly.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

This Twitter! It's making me nuts! I gotta...I gotta...I gotta get out of this.

I mean, what IS that?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Without reading the article, using google, or wikipedia, who here under the age of 30 can tell me what Jessica Hahn is famous for?

I'm under 30 but barely. She was in some sex scandal with a semi-famous minister. That and her relationship with Sam Kinison.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

She had abortion #5 and her urinary tract infection cleared up.

That's good. The dumb broad can start working on abortion #6.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

Trust me when I say I want Artie back on as much as anyone, but it's not like I don't see where he's coming from. Maybe he's talking out of both sides of his mouth, but I don't think he's wrong either.

How is letting Artie come on the show doing wrong by him? Artie wants to come on and explain things apparently. I'm a little confused by the comment myself.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I agree with that. Now with Bubba gone, my afternoons are just blah. When he goes to 3 day weeks, I'm pulling the plug for real. No more bullshit. Not taking a deal.

I cancelled after Artie left for good. If Artie had never left I would probably still be a subscriber even with this 3 day a week bullshit.

To me, the quality of the show is more important than the quantity.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

pkd88 posted:

Keep on rocking with your sports avatar

God do I hate sports fan

LMAO!

Getting away from this wonderful food and diet topic, here's the original TOPLESS prank call that was asked for earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhLulnRo7XI

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

chiz posted:

Did you get T-O-P-L-E-S-S ?

She did it. When she got there she did it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

SALR has a function that lets you add notes to users.

I think once you get this serious about other forum users you need to take a step back and re-evaluate how you spend your time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Yea and what do you do for a living sir?

I drive a limo. Got a problem with that?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

gorgeous west posted:

planning on cancelling my account tomorrow, just dreading that actual phone call :ohdear:

Just tell them you're moving out of the country for work. That's what I did.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Got an email describing a class action lawsuit against SiriusXM. I haven't been a subscriber since Artie left.

http://www.satelliteradiosuit.com/

Ribsauce posted:

The worst part is they take all the things he said and are like "drat, look at all this said because Robin said that about his movie." hahaha woosh right over their heads

Yeah, they didn't take any of what he said seriously. It fell flat because they all just ended up laughing it off.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 24, 2011

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Streebs posted:

Wow not a single comment about the Brian Johnson interview yesterday? I thought it was really good

Hence why there was no comments.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Obviously this is not news, but holy poo poo is Jimmy Fallon really good at impressions - his Adam Sandler had me cracking up, I had to rewind it and listen a second time.

Better than Sour Shoes??

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

chiz posted:

I just can't find her attractive for some reason, there's something about her.

Maybe its the insane crazy bitch look she always has???

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vakal posted:

That Harry Caray skit never failed to make me die laughing.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

How about : Lisa G, Maryann from Brooklyn, Tracy the office manager.

Kill Tracy, gently caress Maryann, marry Lisa G.

FMK: Little Lupe, Tabitha Stevens, Jessica Hahn

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

I can't give Beth too hard of a time...she's figured it all out. She gets the comfort and security of his money and also seems to go out and do her own thing. She's living the dream. :worship:

Yeah but she still has to have sex with Howard and put up with his insecurities. I guess that's why she's always going off for weeks at a time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks a million for the upload. Reminds me of the good old days.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

geera posted:

The rumor has been that he'll eventually go to 3 days a week without alternating to 4 days, so that calendar might not be far off.

I don't listen to Sirius for music anymore, so it's going to be real hard for me to justify paying $13 per month to hear Howard live only 6 times for the whole month of December. I'm not sure I have the patience for 3 day weeks for the next 4 years, unfortunately. :smith:

I don't see why people who bought Sirius just for Howard are still subscribing after Artie left personally. Once I found out that baby gorilla was gone for good I cancelled that poo poo quick.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

It was very odd being in the city the next week while everyone tried to get back to their normal lives.
I was eating lunch outside at Bryant Park Grill one day with people from work. Some construction company working nearby did something that caused a LOUD crash and simultaneously about 50 people sitting outside dropped under the tables or ran for cover into the park.
The whole city was on edge for months.

Wow that's crazy. I was in Austin at the time for college and while it was of course a major topic there wasn't really any feeling of paranoia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Streebs posted:

Hahaha I love that Jon Hein trolls every picture

loving guy is the definition of creepy. He's totally checking out that rear end. I would be too though so...