Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I don't know why Howard complains about his stomach when his face looks like that. His top priority should be gaining a few pounds and filling the giant potholes he calls cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
People of Earth.

How are you?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Smeep posted:

Saw another good one on YouTube, ETM reading a list to Howard of all the shows he wants Howard to get him on and the parts he can play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noTFge6FPZs&feature=related

"On Grey's Anatomy I could play a....... young...... intern doctor."

I love that all the shows on his list were targeted towards middle-aged women.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vakal posted:

Has it ever been brought up on the show on why they don't just start re-broadcasting the old complete Sirius shows in order on 101?

I mean there's five years worth of content that people actually would want to listen to with the minimal amount of work required.

Censorship, quality and value. Reairing old shows requires a lot of work censoring out references to old advertisers, things Howard said that would embarrass him now, things that would set off Artie, etc. Is all that work worth it if the shows aren't very good? Let's face it, for every great bit the show does, there are at least five that fall flat. The good ones, meanwhile, are repeated ad nauseum over the next few weeks of shows. With the show's good bits being run into the ground on replay, it cheapens the value of the old shows. You can't air "Best Ofs" or History of Howards because all the best bits have been airing nonstop on 101.

That, or Howard just doesn't care about the listeners. The tapes thing is a huge pissing match between Howard and Sirius and Sirius isn't getting them for free.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vakal posted:

I liked Sussi's(sp?) response back to Howard about all of his biking bashing.

If Sussi is the guy who was putting off college to bike around the world, then Howard was 100% right in making fun of him and biking. Bikers are second only to motorcycles as the biggest nuisance on the road and putting off college to ride around on a child's toy is just stupid.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Crotch Bat posted:

This is stupid. I'm not remotely a cyclist and equating a primary mode of transportation for many parts of this world to a child's toy is retarded.

I didn't think I had to make the distinction between someone using a bicycle for transportation and the people who dress up in neon body stockings and ride five across down the road who treat them like toys. But there you go.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
For a woman who wears meat and dresses like the Scarlet Pimpernel, Lady Gaga is a dull interview. Here she's talking to David Letterman. Note that she can't carry on a conversation. She keeps stepping on Dave's questions. She gives one word answers. Her jokes are terrible and come after Dave's moved to another subject. Its really loving painful to watch and this is only David Letterman. If she can't handle Dave, how the hell is she going to deal with Howard?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Sarah Michelle Gel-lar.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

internet celebrity posted:

So I don't know if this is widely known but if you call to cancel your account and tell them the reason is that you can no longer afford it they will offer you a 50% discount to stay on board.

Did you know that if you decide to cancel after they offer you that deal they will continue to charge you anyway and send your bill to collection agency when you refuse to pay? Just a heads up, because Sirius's customer service is the worst.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Qaz Kwaz posted:

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/howard-stern-s-hamptons-magazine-photoshoot-hits-stands

Hampton Howie's photoshoot. Those look pretty drat good for an amateur.

To be honest, the one with Beth on her back is pretty bad and the one with Beth and her friend looks like something a normal person would take. I also can't help but wonder how many of the lighting effects were photoshopped in. It would be interesting to see the originals.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Szyznyk posted:

I would have kept making Ralph's best Midget noises and dropping ack acks until they threw me out. Then again, I'm relistening to the '07 shows where he's being particularly ungrateful and creepy.

Do you really want to be the guy seen harassing a severely disabled man on national television?

It if were Robin, on the other hand, I would attach a tape of me singing Brown Mound to her on my resume if I had the chance.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sasquatch! posted:

Despite how badly heroin hosed up his life, he often (on Stern anyway) would go into great romantic detail about how much he loved it.

I was given a prescription for painkillers after getting my wisdom teeth out and there isn't a day goes by I don't wish I had more. Artie is 100% right: drugs are loving amazing in the pre-abuse stage.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

Summary: The agreement specifically mentioned "new Sirius subscribers" and it also mentioned "what might happen if there's a merger", so you can't pretend that XM subs coming from the merger count as Sirius subs.

Basically Stern wanted credit for XM subscribers who couldn't even listen to his show because of the merger even though he was already compensated for the merger.

And wasn't $300 million in common stock like a billion shares at the time? No wonder Stern is pissed off.

heeee heeee aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Jesus. Is it even possible for anyone to be worth the amount of money that Sirius is paying Howard?

Consider that a subscription brings in $12 a month for Sirius and every subscriber has to buy a $30 radio. For every two million subscribers Howard brings in over Sirius' target, Howard gets $75 million. Breaking it down, Howard gets 20% of every $350 million Sirius brings in above their expected sales. I know the real numbers aren't as clean as that, but Sirius is in no way losing money on the deal if Howard is actually responsible for those numbers (which he was for the two million he got credit for and not the nine million he wanted credit for who were subscribed to a different service).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

To watch a woman fellate a dildo. :smith:

I don't get it either, but what can you pay someone to do on a webcam that isn't pathetic?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Former Human posted:

I can't wait for the song parodies about Robin's bladder.

Is Ham Hands still alive? I need something like this, except with Robin's oncologist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7A2F5_M2A

Doctor's coming in with the vaseline. All right baby, get on our fours. I need to take your temperature.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jarthus posted:

God I really don't look at the Howard TV stuff much but it's crazy how fat JD is now. I always remember him as the skinny rear end super twink guy.

Jesus. JD is the perfect storm of bad traits that make him completely unlikable. He's an ugly, stupid, socially awkward rear end in a top hat. There is nothing redeemable about him and I'd probably kill myself before I'd work/sleep/talk with him.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Unrelated to anything being discussed: I was amused to catch the fine print of AGT on Tuesday during the closing credits that mentions the million-dollar prize is "paid as an annuity over 40 years." I was struck stupid and decided to Google. And yep, that's what happens.

I'm sure there are dozens of firms willing to buy the annuity off contestants for its present value minus a small fee. Better to get $250,000 now than 25k/year for life.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

He sounds a lot weirder than he looks.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

beergod posted:

The worst (best) ever is gilberts president Obama.

I'm sorry, but Jon Hamm just got an Emmy nomination for this impression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLNTWmW-jo

As funny as Gilbert is, he never got an award for his President Obama impression.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Wasco Jr. posted:

JD's life seems pretty hellish now but you just know it's going to get so much worse after the show has finished

Nah, JD always has that Full Sail degree to fall back on if his experience at the Stern Show can't get him a job.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Does Robert A. Booey go into his days as a lothario or is he saving that for the sequel?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Not Eric, but a man can dream.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

sedative posted:

Why wouldn't he? She is fat.

No. She's just chubby and dresses like a slob. She's still a good twenty pounds away from fat and forty from Wal-Mart fat.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

mrfreeze posted:

You mean you didn't love Tissue Time?

I used to leave the radio on when I went to sleep and that woman's caterwauling would always wake me up.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GenoCanSing posted:

Aw maaan. No more Taco Tico tag :(

Those tags were my faaaaaaaaaaaavorite.

At least all the unreasonably cruel reviews are still there.

This review is from: Oh My Dog: How to Choose, Train, Groom, Nurture, Feed, and Care for Your New Best Friend (Paperback)
My favorite part was chapter three where Ms. Stern teaches us the difference between a European bent-knee pose and the less formal Pittsburgh bent-knee pose. I also love how the publisher was able to put all her teeth on the cover.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

YeahTubaMike posted:

Justine Bateman has aged beautifully though, I guess that's why I was confused. Also, Pam Anderson is actually younger than her. :stare:

Time made plastic surgery her bitch.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Ignoring the ridiculous price, you'd be trapped in paradise with literally men everywhere, no girl in sight. Big fat obnoxious day-drunk men occupying every single swim up bar stool.

Yeah, but what if a woman wants to go to the block party? She'd have her pick of the litter.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

cmhn74 posted:

I think we're safe because I'm pretty sure the Spice Girls all hate each other.

Has that stopped Natalie Maines from coming on the show playing her lovely songs four times a year?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I have never been that excited about anything in my life, let alone holding a loving cat.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

Howard Stern Show cast members Jon Hein and Gary "Baba Booey" Dell'Abate are making television history with their new VH1 reality show "For What It's Worth". A report posted to BuzzFeed on Monday listed it as one of "The 35 Least-Watched Shows On TV" with one late night showing pulling in a total of 0.0 viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS0GVvoE9I&t=60s

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, but we don't really know anything about Ralph's personal life. For all we know, he could be in a happy, long term relationship with some guy right now.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dear god, that is amazing.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Crotch Bat posted:

I like the idea that you can take a handful of celebs and if Gilbert is one of them he's almost guaranteed to be the nicest, most respectful, humble one of the bunch.

Gilbert is amazing and his wife is the most amazing woman in the world.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Every time I see a picture of Beth smiling I'm convinced it has to be a photoshop.

It never is.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

kylej posted:

Lisa thinks she has DD tits.

She also mistakenly thought the late Henry Hill wanted to cum on her face.

The woman has issues.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Sarah Michelle Gel-LAR.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Why does Ronnie have the Batsignal shaved into his face?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ether Frenzy posted:

Ask 800 people and 10% will say "yes" out of confusion or desire to fit in

I've never tried confusing women into sleeping with me before.

So, baby, don't you not want to not sleep with me tonight? No take-backs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

It is so much worse watching this than it was listening to it on the radio. God bless that woman for not murdering him after an hour.