Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
OP owns, good job mang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Daddyo posted:

Also, you're missing Ralph in the OP. That's a terrible mistake.

And include this. I started listening to this show two or three years ago and followed it step by step.

Props to whoever came up with it.

1. Who the hell is this Ralph guy?

2. drat, that Ralph guy is annoying.

3. I hate Ralph.

4. I want Ralph to die slowly in a fire.

5. drat, sometimes that jerk Ralph has huge balls.

6. I still hate Ralph, but I enjoy his contributions to the show.

7. I grudgingly respect Ralph.

8. I like Ralph, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

Apparently I've been stuck on step 4 for about 15 years....

Ralph is easily my favorite personality by a mile :colbert:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

EngineerJoe posted:

I don't think we can blame Howard for changing but we can certainly blame him for letting his show get stale.

I doubt Howard thinks the show is stale at all. During celebrity Super Fan Roundtable Gary asked Howard if he wanted him to fill the Artie chair after his suicide attempt and Howard simply said no.

Maybe Howard thinks the show is evolving into what it is now and having a comedian in there is not something he feels is necessary. Or he can't bring himself to commit on a person or let Artie back.

Artie doing what he did really put this show in a hosed up light that I don't foresee ever changing unless Artie moves on independently from the show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
God I love that Howard is so unbelievably hosed in the head about his parents.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Last year, I believe the show played some of Richard's drum work when he was with Death. And they, with the exception of Fred, ragged on him then, too.

Howard expects every drummer in a song to sound like the intro to Hot for Teacher.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AltronHGX posted:

I worry that later on this month we'll find out Richard quit his band to appease Howard. If that happens I'm unsubscribing from this thread and will be done with Howard. Richard is awesome and I'll be heartbroken if they drive him to do that for their approval :ohdear:

I kind of feel like Howard was just prodding and looking for something to discuss.

Hell, during Gary's book he let it slip a number of times that he was selling books by picking it apart with everyone else.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

Watching lots of news from CES. Is Apple going to make a deal with Flash...or just let all these new tablets have it without responding?

Gadget Gary.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't like John Hein at all but him fast-forwarding the Christian part in Charlie Brown is really funny to me.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I think both shows will ease up on that as time goes on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So I was watching Inside Edition this morning and they were doing a spotlight on the homeless guy with the perfect voice. Sometime into the bit they play a soundbite of Howard saying it has to be a hoax, to which the guy says 'Oh Howard, Howard rules as far as I'm concerned.' and then the host says 'No not really!'

It really is insane how Howard isn't respected in his medium, at least to a degree.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

FogHelmut posted:

It's a hoax in the sense that it was first presented as if he were some random crackhead, but it turns out that he was a radio voiceover guy who became a crackhead. Although, Howard was under the impression that the whole thing was just a goofy radio stunt.

Oh neat, I only heard a bit of the show today.

Good point though.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

You guys can keep posting twitter pictures of his wife though

The only downside of losing Bubba talk :(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

therapy posted:

If people want to talk about Bubba or Ferrell they should have their own threads.

Does anybody listen to Ferrell?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gibbon posted:

Lisa G's segments are driving me crazy, they are so boring, she is so boring. Do you guys ever think out of all the possible content they could put on the show, they chose this? What a waste

Sorry Lisa G is hilarious.

http://twitter.com/lisagisims

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Somebody get Jeff Schick on the phone.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Two awful tech derails in one day.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Speaking of Artie, was it ever fully explained how he got the part in Elf? Judging by the friendship Howard seems to have with Favreau, it seems like that is how he may have secured the part.

Does anybody know details on that subject? Or is it just a boring 'hey he auditioned for it idiot' kind of thing?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Furnished with stools.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CortezFantastic posted:

If someone could post the Gary's Theater saga that would be amazing. Possibly as good as ripping on him for his pitching, and sometimes it intermixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jATfJLZjyM

This is honestly one of my favorite bits of all time. I could listen to the entire thing on repeat for hours without getting bored.

It honestly just shows you that A. Howard can rip on you for anything and B. Gary is a dumb person.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

FogHelmut posted:

"Baggy clothes make you look thin." - Howard Stern

Without Howard's context this is hilarious but his point was that he wears baggy clothes to hide his stomach.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
When Gary came in to talk about sports today I kept thinking 'yeah this guy can't throw a ball' while he's spewing this football knowledge like he's the resident expert. I guess that's sort of why I dislike John Hein too. He's put on some kind of pedestal for no clear reason and his words are taken as fact.

Also that negative Lily caller was spot on with her gripes about the fake woman that calls in with nothing to say.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy poo poo, they took a psychological exam? These type of bits are like heroin to me.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
gently caress me in my tight little pussy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCBESJTFSk

I swear he looks like an alien.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Hey was there any mention of KC still coming in tomorrow with his tranny friend? I need that to happen, love those KC song parodies.

Howard mentioned last week that it would be going down tomorrow.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So the golden voice guy is entering rehab.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Glumwheels posted:

edit: these need to be replayed tomorrow when KCs in studio

Richard is my faaaavorite.

You forgot the best one :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH3e-GzdEX4

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Considering the freedom Bubba has now, what makes anybody think he wants to come back?

Tim also said Bubba's internet radio thing is some kind of uncensored exclusivity deal.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Manwithastick posted:

Tell me we have video of that somewhere

Judging by Howard's recent 'we need to tape everybody for behind the scenes stuff' I'd imagine Fred will be shown in some capacity.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sock The Great posted:

Welp, according to @rqui Robins cats' kidney transplant was from a donor, who is still alive, not a euthanized cat.

She established on the wrap up show that she's adopting the donor cat, which I guess is how such a procedure is done anyway.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

See, after seeing this video I'm kind of in the camp that maybe Howard doesn't dye his hair. It certainly looks faded in some sort of way, but maybe its just the lighting.

And the IQ tests were brought on from Ronnie if memory serves. Howard was prodding him on how he's probably psychopath.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Man, that KC segment was sort of a letdown. It was pretty awkward and uncomfortable, but not really funny. I'm still amazed they even got her in there and it happened, but it made me miss somebody like Artie who wouldn't be afraid to be the bad guy and liven things up a bit.

The sad part was that after the segment KC apologized to Gary on how he left the show, and then proceeded to thank Gary for helping him raise enough money to feed himself for three months.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

heavy liquid posted:

Artie? Is that you?

He's right though. She is honestly one of the hottest girls I've ever seen.

(but I do have a thing for dark skinned brunettes)

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Streebs posted:

Can you post a picture of her?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Graviton v2 posted:

Wtf? Is he dead?

You've been Richard Christy'd

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Aside from the things the cast do personally, I really suspend disbelief with the show or else I'd be a crazed idiot always looking for stuff they create purely for radio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Howard pays a woman to come to his house and do his nails?? How did I miss this?

It was a whole thing sometime last year. But yeah, Bonzo hit the nail right on the head.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
There is no way Howard is more normal than anyone in anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I forget where I heard it, but doesn't Heather and Bubba have an open marriage?