Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

musclecoder posted:

Pure jealousy. Howard even said "why don't you go make some phony calls while on your break?" It was pretty rage inducing. And this isn't ragging on one of Jackie's lovely CD's, Richard was a legitimate metal drummer for years. Dude has insane talent.

Seriously. Christ, Howard was a dick today. Like he doesn't have any idea how album royalties/recouping works all of the sudden.

Also, yeah there's no way a radio guy could really be homeless but that comic-book-store-lair superhero guy story isn't fake at all. gently caress's sake, I'm surprised there aren't unemployed-radio-guy shanty towns all across the U.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Graviton v2 posted:

Oh come on, it looks horrible but its mega functional.(assuming they are touchscreen which they are) what do you want to do fag about resizing stupid web widgets or just press a button and make it play something.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

There's no way in hell they use touchscreens.

They'd have to constantly be cleaning the screens with Windex or whatever and Howard would freak about chemicals getting on his dainty fingertips and he'd end up wearing surgical gloves in the studio.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Wrap Up Show discussion about Kelsey Grammer -

Benji: I don't think Kelsey's such an ugly guy.

Gary: ... But you think you're good-looking.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I know Ron Howard is considered a major "get" and probably makes the show seem more legit, but I don't care about celebrity interviews and is this one ever going to eeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnd? I swear it's been over an hour and I keep turning back to 100 and he's still on. Again, probably a great guy, lovely guy, champ of a guy. DON'T loving CARE.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It seems like a way for Gary to show he's doing this job. You know, one instance so they can have 'proof' for the last few years of lovely booking.

That's how I see it, too. And a way to "class up" their History of Howard Stern shows or Best Ofs. Just because it's a famous person doesn't mean it's going to be at all interesting to fans of the show.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Well, I skipped that one, too. But I can't stomach celebrity interviews in any format, usually. Like, I love Craig Ferguson but I race to shut that poo poo off after he gets done reading Tweets and emails because gently caress if I care about the funny funny pranks Ashton Kutcher played on Natalie Portman on the set or whatever bullshit they talk about.

edit:

"I thought she was one of them, uh, herbivores."

More of this, less Ron Howard

Smeep fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 13, 2011

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Ugh would someone put that pic up someplace else? My work blocks howardstern.com.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

ahhahahahahaha, that's a man in a dress, I mean come on, K.C.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know why Howard complains about his stomach when his face looks like that. His top priority should be gaining a few pounds and filling the giant potholes he calls cheeks.

:lol:

Also put me down for "they're all crazy and Robin is the normal one." I mean, I don't believe it, but if the results are a "bombshell," it's got to be something nutty.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

An hour of sit-ups? Jesus Christ I think I would die.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, that's a regular girl just walking around?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am enjoying the "Best Of" they have on 101 each day. I hope they keep that up.

I had no idea they even played Howard material on 101, I haven't listened in years. I always thought it was Bubba, Farrell or whatever the gently caress. Good to know!

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Howard pays a woman to come to his house and do his nails?? How did I miss this?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

This live ads in the middle of regular show conversation bullshit has got to go.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Piers doesn't really seem to get Howard at all.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Did anyone catch the awesome Schuli interview with ETM? Eric has decided he's a movie reviewer so he thinks he should get movies for free.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

On a YouTube video he was asking people to give him Fandango and movie passes so he could review movies.

He's a shifty little fucker.

Yes! He literally said to Schuli that he knows that other reviewers don't have to pay for the movies they review, so he shouldn't have to either.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

Oh poo poo, that's how businesses work? I just proclaim myself reviewer of x and I become instantly entitled for free copies of everything forever? How come no one ever told me this :doh:

The fact that Eric believes this - and explains it so belligerently - is what makes Eric so great and I hope he comes back to the show soon. :allears:

edit:

H101 is playing the "You didn't celebrate my birthday properly" fight right now

Smeep fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 20, 2011

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Big Bob Pataki posted:

does this mean the loveline thread and this one will merge

what will happen to bubba

oh god what do we do

ugh please no Adam Corolla in this thread

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Oh god, on 101 they're telling Jackie's one-legged lady story.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Did they ever give any backstory to that news woman who broke into crazy-speak when her teleprompter broke? Or does anyone know? Because that poo poo was hilarious.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

I love everything about this. Even his goatee, which on most people makes you look like a tool, I think it makes him look pretty ok. Also :laffo: at the wet paint sign.

This is all I see when I look at his beard/goatee

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Maybe you're a beagle scout."

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I thought it was great because he was so clearly awful and unfunny.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Yeah, I jacked off to Roots last night ..."

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I Am a Keg. posted:

If anybody wants to pay $7 to subscribe to Dr. Laura's online on-demand service, you should be able to download yesterday's show to hear the calls.

:wth: Anyone caught paying this should immediately be rounded up and institutionalized.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Now that Howard keeps a "book," everyone who doesn't is an ignorant child. Also, you must use an actual book and not a Blackberry, because no one knows how to use their Blackberry.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

ugh, how did I know you'd all pile on? I find most of the humor on Stern to be great, even the racially sensitive stuff, but Howard doing his poor dumb friend of the family impression (aka every black impression he does, because all blacks have a southern drawl and don't use 'proper' English) gets annoying. That is all. And I have found that his Oprah's sister bits go on too long.

gently caress I don't get offended by much. I love hate man, Gilbert and Yucko for God's sake! It just annoys me that every time Howard "plays black" he plays a Stepin Fetchit negro, with lots of "I is sho' glad to be hea" type bullshit.

I get what you're saying, but I believe (maybe I just choose to believe) that that's the joke; it's funny because it's so preposterous. To me it's as over-the-top as when Sal does it, only Howard's doing it on purpose, as opposed to Sal, who really thinks blacks/jews/x-minority really behaves/talks a certain way.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

And anyway, he went on some show when he started at Sirius (Larry King, Hannity?) and admitted he wasn't going to allow people to trash him and he only believed in his own free speech.

I'm okay with that. I mean at least he's honest about being a hypocrite most times, which is more than most people will admit. That's why it was so jarring when he went on about the "out of respect" bullshit when anyone who'd listened to the show knew it was a lie.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

ah hahaha, what is that about? I didn't hear the show today, if they talked about it.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Where is the Internet? WHERE IS IT???

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Talking of which, Charlie Sheen is apparently on the Artie Lange - Hire A Couple of Guys To Watch Me rehab plan:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/02/01/charlie.sheen.rehab.ppl/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I get all my abortions on Oregon.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Howard gets grossed out when someone he knows cooks food for him. He really is Howard Hughes at this point. The transition is complete.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

TheLakers posted:

Am I the only one who loves Jon Hein?

Yes.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

@GovernaleSal My wife luvs choclate. Gonna warm up a choclo kiss in my pouch and paint her lips brown while she sleeps. She gonna look like arsenio hall.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Speaking of who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress, in the category of Past Stern Guests, can you guess who this person is?