Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I want subs of the Arabic version of Mazinger Z where Doctor Hell is renamed Father Rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's not like Imagawa's ever been forced to leave a project unfinished before.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think trying to revisit G Gundam outside of manga is a really bad idea, maybe even with manga.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BxZwRBWRs
Chargeman Ken get out

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I remember hearing that there were supposed to be more movies, but the reaction to Prince of Darkness was just so bad that it didn't work out.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
In the end, giant robots will fight.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I really hope it does become a thing because I know one very Arab man it will enrage.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Wasim doesn't even live in the middle east anymore, but no. VF-kun from /m/ super hates Dino Getter for some reason he can't really tell me.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think Oshii is director on episode 1 and the movie the series is supposed to lead into.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Can't wait for extended shots of beagles and food

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Is Zeorymer the one where someone gets raped with an icicle or something

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I don't know if I'll ever bother to read the fan-translated Full Metal Panic light novels since it doesn't look like tokypop's ever going to get around to them, so I have to ask: What's the Full Metal Panic manga cover, as opposed to Full Metal Panic Sigma?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Thank you Tardisman. You are a hero.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
gently caress yeah

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
This thread is basically for everything mecha that's Not Gundam or Currently Running, so go ahead!!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah it's a fine substitute since we're probably never going to see the novels translated professionally now. Who knows, we may still see more FMP anime, but given that kyoani barely did one book and there's a bunch more to go, it's probably not happening.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
With my luck they will go: "we're making a new fmp! anime! please enjoy FMP Another!!"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
In the end, robots will fight.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ryosuke Takahashi is cool and GaoGaiGar Final is butt

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It was too tryhard in my opinion that's all, but i haven't seen it in like 7 years. the genesic gaogaigar also looks too death metal for me, save the forearms which are really cool since they're just loving cylinders

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm pretty sure he's banned so he probably won't come back, don't worry

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

WickedHate posted:

I started GaoGaiGar. Thoughts within the first few minutes: I really wish anime would stop having uncensored genitalia of young boys, innocent or not. :sigh:

Edit: That is totally how microwaves and fridges work.

dicks are funny especially in crayon shin-chan

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The combination's great and one of my favorite parts of gaogaigar is stock footage. I just don't like GGGG's animal traits like the tail and claw feet.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Also it's a shark and a dolphin, not two dolphins. the shark makes it good

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

WickedHate posted:

Two questions that may or not be answered later on:

Is the other two parts of Big Volfogg sentient? Doesn't seem like it.

Is the non Goleon parts of GaoGaiGar human created using G-Stone tech, or did they come with the lion?

No, Yes, No

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The Italians and Arabs will be thrilled.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Is Gunparade March good

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

post the best battleships ya got

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah I agree, and also will include the warning to not continue further unless you want to see chirico as space wolverine jesus

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah Fyana's cool when she's not absolutely helpless and may be the only jewish love interest in anime

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I haven't seen the OVAs or TV shows in a while but I really hate what (I perceive) they did to Chirico's ability to survive anything. It went from him always lucking out or being in an advantageous position or Wiseman pulling strings for him to his heart beating at the exact same moment a bullet passed by, and also he has super healing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
his heart contracted at the same moment the bullet passed by and dodged a bullet.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Um does anyone have a clear image of Kotetsushin Jeeg? I mean the one that appeared at the end of the series, not the "new Jeeg" that had a transforming motorcycle head

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
yes i am looking specifically for the robot called kotetsushin jeeg, but not new jeeg or kotetsu jeeg

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's the entirety of a famous mangaka's oeuvre as seen through the lens of Imagawa, the master of operatic drama, so that all makes perfect sense existing together. Plus father issues???? Imagawa's all over thata

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's almost like the japanese watchmen but way better

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
isn't that Cowboys and Aliens

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
All the more evidence he was the man behind Legend of the Blue Wolves.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
pizza de wa nai

*mustache bristles out from beneath huge aquiline nose*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Also Gundam is like the least Black and White things I can think of in robot anime barring maybe Unicorn and non UC series

• Locked thread