Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Any showepisode with Elizabeth Warren is a good thing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Cornel West makes any show better! If there's one thing I can thank Maher for it's introducing me to him. Also a decade after it even matters I'm starting to like Matthew Perry.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
But but but THEY want to do bad things! I bet that Congressman was more angry at Bill then a hundred Glenn Becks.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
His final new rule, Karab Amabo , was pretty funny.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

endolithic posted:

I was kind of hoping Bernie Sanders would manage to compress another 8.5 hour speech into the hour somehow.

Bernie's hair sums up how most people feel about politics right now.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Dudebro posted:

That was pretty decent. I usually disagree that the interview guest is useless, but this time the comedian guy didn't add anything.

It felt like after Colin Quinn's 5 minutes the show just went right back to panel. Good, do more of this.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

SERIOUS posted:

I have never seen Ed Shultz before today and all I can say after this episode is I sincerely never want to see or hear him ever again.

How could you not like the liberal Rush Limbaugh? He has the #1 progressive talk radio show which shows how crappy that field is.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Ugh I swear the only positive thing about tonight's show was John Waters dirty words, and even that was weak. I'm not that familiar with Laura Flanders (some TV show on "Free Speech TV", I think had a radio show on Air America) but her attempt to get an apology from Breitbart was horrible. Also noticed how quickly Brietbart pointed out what he thought was doctored video? My wife actually yelled at the TV "Gee I wonder how he knows that!?!"

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

DVD Drive posted:

For releasing the Shirley Sherrod video edited in a way to make it sound racist. I guess he didn't though, Glenn Beck edited it? Either way that makes no sense because the unedited version is a non-story.

I was trying to figure that out too. So Glenn Beck edited Breitbart's video, for his RADIO program, and that's what got out? I dunno, I suppose I could watch it again to figure out exactly but gently caress it.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
I must agree, great episode. The forth panel guest didn't grind the show's flow to a halt, more of that.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Another good episode, keep the streak going! Helped that I'm a fan of Harry Shearer.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

IRQ posted:

Hoooo boy, off to a horrible start. Tiger Mom turbobitch as the guest.

And bill agrees with this bitch. Which, I guess isn't surprising since he's said he hates children.

She's a moderate compared to China though so that makes her okay?

Rest of the episode was alright I guess, kind of a liberal circle-jerk. At least Zack Galifianakis seemed to get less time this episode. Teehee, he pretended to do heroin on the air OMG that's so ..... something.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

lynch_69 posted:

He invoked the wrath of the all mighty foxnation with that one http://nation.foxnews.com/bill-maher/2011/06/27/bill-maher-officially-pig-0

Maher must be an afterthought now since lately they've been going after John Stewart on the TV side. Fox's War on Comedy?

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

ApexAftermath posted:

Lack of empathy for fellow human beings seems to be the defining trait in people like this guy and almost all conservatives/republicans. Why do they hate their fellow man so much!?

Well life isn't fair, it's tough, and their fellow man just didn't try hard enough. Generally that's what they believe and ignore any one ups they themselves had.

Yea Gillespie bothered me more then the usual conservative on Maher's panel. I say this after Anne Coulter recently being on!

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Maybe it was Maher being really pissed at Obama, or Neil deGrasse Tyson and Anthony Bourdain; but I thought this was a pretty good episode and season finale.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

SERIOUS posted:

drat, Maher's opening monologue was VENOMOUS last night. He just looked aggravated and tired of it all. This is the Bill Maher I like: the pissed off one.

Funny, many people also enjoy a pissed off John Stewart (I am one of them).

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Show starts up again tomorrow night with Keith Olbermann, Rich Galen, Jennifer Donahue, and Dexter Filkins. O yea and some comedian guy named Louis C.K.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

amaranthine posted:

My wife wanted to punch the TV as soon as she saw him, didn't even know who he was. I felt the same after his second sentence.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Cacator posted:

The fact of the matter is...

A retarded coworker of mine uses that phrase all the time, also "you know when you think about it ....". I just know right after the word crutches comes a steaming pile of nonsense.

Awesome episode, I feel Bill was just channeling what many felt watching the GOP convention this week.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

I'm a little weirded out by how much Bill has been touching Snoop tonight.

Good thing Willie Nelson has only been on by satellite, Maher may have tried for third base.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

ExiledTinkerer posted:

I'd also like to think Huntsman here is done, as that has to be one of the worst first timer performances in Real Time history.

Kennedy from last season is a close second.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

richardfun posted:

It used to be the first :)

I guess the more disgusting Santorum is first now.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

porkfriedrice posted:

Present day Howard Stern is a pussy, the chances are slim.

Well what does Stern have to lose, who listens and cares anymore?

ICQ posted:

second, reminder: nobody in Maryland actually elected Michael Steele to office, ever. Ever. Everyone here hates him.

He was just just tag-along to Ehrlich who himself was a one-term Governor. 5 years later Steele still coasts on that "credential" ....

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

Stern has his stupid network talent show job to lose. Even though he didn't specifically bring it up you know bill was thinking "I got kicked off network tv for my opinion? Look at what this idiot thinks" what that bit.

I find most people who dislike Stern do so because "OMG naked ladies on radio!", if anything the masses probably agree with his then lovely opinion of Muslims. These same people probably watch that drivel talent show too.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Bill seems to suffer what I notice from a lot of boomers, they view the generation after them as lazy and spoiled. Great every generation does this, so what's their proof? After anecdotal evidence about smartphones and not being outside more they have nothing! Basic things like cost of living, education costs, actual retirement tilt way more in their favor; so all they have to throw at us is iPhones and the perception we don't work hard enough or something. "Tiger Mom" just boosts Maher's view of this, just like that 3 minute sidetrack with PJ O'Rourke the other week.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

Holy hell why was 40% of the show a bunch of 50 year old millionaires complaining about how tough life is. Get hosed.

But they're fuckable, wink wink.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

berserker posted:

Bill Maher (and I loving quote): "Measles isn't that deadly of a disease" ~ Feb 13 2015

I had to replay that to make sure I heard that poo poo correctly, just wow.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Maybe I missed some news last week, but the final new rule was pretty much "buzzfeed did a thing so grrrrr PC run amuck!".

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
How insufferable will Bill be this Friday? I say 8 out of 10 high smugs :smug:

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

comes along bort posted:

The more interesting guest was the never Trump lady in the middle careening back and forth between her latest pundit niche and reflexively defending conservative orthodoxy.

It's not their lovely platform but the candidate, duh!

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Has anyone checked out the new VICE nightly newscast? The first episode feature a correspondent hanging with Glenn Beck at his ranch. Apparently Beck sees no connection between his tea-party movement and Trump ....

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Since Maher is on break I've been checking out Vice News more on weekday evenings, it's not bad. I wonder what the ratings are since HBO isn't exactly known for newscasts? Documentaries sure, but not a daily source of headlines.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Did I see Tomi Lahren as a guest this week? Oh boy ....

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Former Human posted:

Super condescending and confrontational and smug.

Bizarro Maher?

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

fundamentalist christianity is a much bigger threat to the united states than "islam" is.

ugh you just don't get it, false equivalency! *walks away* -BM

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
I thought the time Bill was scared of microwaves, because "radiation", was bad. But it's fungus now, like anything with yeast apparently? Bad news for the guy if he enjoys a drink.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Former Human posted:

At least those people are probably reading well-written articles by actual journalists and not circle jerking over likes on instagram.

Counterpoint, tabloids.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Early in the broadcast, complains about the bigotry of ageism. Later in the broadcast, old jokes!

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Once again old people jokes at the end, after spending episodes bitching about age discrimination because of ...... jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Wow Prager went full right wing radio in overtime. By wow I mean of course he did.