Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

1) I'm cool with it as long as he doesn't need serious medical attention
2) No problem, corner kick
3) Corner kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
1) I'm sure I've seen this happen, last season maybe? Can't remember who it was but someone stayed on the pitch with an injury because there was no subs, they could barely walk.

2) no hand ball

3) Hmm. I guess I'm saying goal. Neither he nor the ball are in the area in the first place, so there's no special rules like there are for a goal kick. It's placed, he's kicked it, own goal.

[edit]it is a direct free kick right? it shouldn't matter in own goals, but there's probably some funny wording somewhere that means no goals at either end can be scored directly from an indirect free kick.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 7, 2012

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I think maybe you can't score an own goal from a freekick, indirect or not. I know if a corner ends up in an own goal somehow, it wouldn't count. I imagine a freekick is the same, so it'd be a corner.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Wikipedia says

quote:

An own goal cannot be scored directly (i.e. without any other player touching the ball) from an attacking throw-in or a defending free kick (a corner kick will be awarded to the attacking team if so should happen), and under certain other circumstances, for example, directly from a corner kick.

So if I'm reading it right I guess that number 3 is a corner.

1 is fine, 2 is no handball.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Lamont Cranston posted:

1)If he's ok then let him stay on but have him stand somewhere.
2)No hand ball and give a corner kick.
3)Give the own goal and punch the keeper.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

quote:

3) It's clearly not a deliberate handball. The defender is seriously injured. So stop the game to allow him to receive treatment, and restart with a dropped ball on the goal area line, parallel to the goalline at a point nearest to where the ball was when play was stopped.

It's You Are The Ref, not You Are The Mindreading Omnipotent Creature. Every ref in the world would give the penalty (to Stoke?) + probably the red, and every ref in the world would be right to give it. Come on, now.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Check how serious it is. If it seems minor enough, that seems fine. Though I'd rather he stand in a place that would be safest for him, even if it may lose the game for his team. And the opposition penalty box is not that place.

2. Corner. Not a deliberate handball in my opinion.

3. Corner. I'm pretty sure a player can't score an own goal off their own free kick, it has to touch another player first. But it did go out over the end line, so corner.

e: Oops, didn't finish.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 7, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lamont Cranston posted:

1) I'm cool with it as long as he doesn't need serious medical attention
2) No problem, corner kick
3) Corner kick

Seems pretty straightforward this week.

1) let him so long as its safe. He won't be offside unless he becomes active.

2) not deliberate,happens all the time. Corner.

3) can't score from a goal kick so has to be a corner which is a shame because it should be a goal for the plonker.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
1. Stop the clock, have him looked at by the medical staff. If he's OK, let him play on.
2. Not seeing the problem here. Isn't it standard?
3. Corner kick, point and laugh at goalie.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
1. No problem at all.
2. Corner.
3. Corner (own-goals may not be scored from a free kick).

For the benefit of Trin, I got my promotion to Senior County Referee (level 5) here in England last marking season. Happy days :-)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Up up up the ziggurat, lickety-split. Enjoy the Cooper test.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Lamont Cranston posted:

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Technically, yes, the player can stand where he likes during play – unless, of course, you award a restart such as a free-kick or corner where he must be a certain distance from the ball, or at a kick-off after a goal, in which case he must be inside his own half. But you also need to consider his safety, and that of opponents – and having an immobile player in the opposition area is a risk. So call for medical attention, and make sure he is removed from the pitch. Alan Rushmore wins the shirt.
2) Deliberate handball covers a player's hand, forearm and the whole of his upper arm. However, although the ball was in contact with his upper arm, there is no offence committed here because the action by the defender was not deliberate. He may have jumped but he did not do so with his arms outstretched. Award a corner. Thanks to Jack Davidson.
3) It's a corner. A goal cannot be awarded from any free-kick kicked directly into the team's own net. The Laws make clear that, if that happens, "a corner is awarded to the opposing team".
Thanks to Martin Abraham.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

First two seem pretty simple. Offside, drop ball.

That third one is just :psyduck:

Aromatic Stretch
Nov 4, 2009
I think 3 is a goal, I remember a ball deflecting off a balloon and going into the net being a goal once before, and that's pretty similar. I'm guessing it wouldn't matter that the leg is offside because its not a player really.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Offside. Also, book Balotelli for looking at the ref like that.
2. Stop play, drop ball.
3. Why is someone with a prosthetic leg out there in the first place? Also, gently caress it. Not offside. Unless there's a rule about players removing and lobbing parts of their gear and/or anatomy about to affect the movement of the ball or something.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Aromatic Stretch posted:

I think 3 is a goal, I remember a ball deflecting off a balloon and going into the net being a goal once before

Sunderland Liverpool, and that was the wrong decision

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

1) Oh jesus gently caress not another 'player off the pitch in an offside position is somehow affecting play' question how many different ways can they phrase the same poo poo?
2) Tell the players that there is no such offence as obstruction.
3) Seriously? A prosthetic limb fell off? gently caress it, fine. Accept that this match is being booked by Vince McMahon, so adopt the role of the heel referee, blatantly favouring one team in an evil fashion. The SFA will soon offer you a job.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Sunderland Liverpool, and that was the wrong decision

I was at this match but up the other end and had no idea what had happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLyHSI3bYd0

The balloons were thrown by City fans.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5loeV-_4og
Hilarious.

1) This question sure does like to make an appearance. Offside.
2) Drop ball, punch an attacking player in the face for being a dick.
3) Seriously? I'm going to say that you should stop play for inadequate kit because at this point they've obviously stopped giving the slightest semblance of a gently caress.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lamont Cranston posted:

quote:

However, although the ball was in contact with his upper arm, there is no offence committed here because the action by the defender was not deliberate. He may have jumped but he did not do so with his arms outstretched.

Keith Hackett all but confirms that the handball rule is now being interpreted as natural/unnatural position like all the idiot commentators want it to be?

I guess intent was too hard to judge.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

vyelkin posted:

1)Offsides
2)Drop ball
3)Don't know what to do here but I guess it's a goal since the leg is a part of the striker.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

1. Offside. Free kick to defending team. The no offside on a throw-in has passed when another player touched the ball.
2. Stop the game due to serious injury, give a drop ball. I don't see a reason to wait for the keeper to make a move.
3. I'd say no goal due to outside agent. Drop ball. The real question is if the leg counts as part of the player, and I think it does not once he does not have sufficient control over it. Maybe if he was that superhero that can detach their limbs, then I'd still give no goal and a card for unsporting behavior.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
If his boot comes off and the ball hits his boot then play has to be stopped right? This seems pretty much the same issue, except his safety is even more at risk if he's hopping around on one leg.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

the sex ghost posted:

This week's questions, with bonus Giant Dirk Kuyt Head:

The goal Stands
Instruct the captain to take it, if he refuses send him off.
Red Card on the defender.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Brandy Alexander posted:

The goal Stands
Instruct the captain to take it, if he refuses send him off.
Red Card on the defender.

Here are the answers if you don't want to wait until Monday!

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

the sex ghost posted:

No. 132, Petr Cech:

1> Red Card for the defender. Instruct the opposition to take the penalty again.
2> Red Card
3> Goal Stands

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

no germans club

1>They can't just swap shirts like that while the ball is in play, Yellow card and a penalty
2>The player was sent off, Doesn't matter if he's an assistant physio or a player/manager he shouldn't be on the field anymore.
3>Abandon the game.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Brandy Alexander posted:

1>They can't just swap shirts like that while the ball is in play, Yellow card and a penalty
2>The player was sent off, Doesn't matter if he's an assistant physio or a player/manager he shouldn't be on the field anymore.
3>Abandon the game.

Surely 1 is a red for DOGSO?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
3) You're offside if any part of your body you can legally use to touch the ball is beyond the defender so in this case: simple offside.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

atomic gog posted:

It's Friday!

1>Penalty Kick and a Red Card. Can't let a team have the advantage when a penalty has been commited.
2>Instruct them to change the posts, If they can't abandon the game.
3>I don't see anything wrong here. Resume play.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

the sex ghost posted:

It's Friday!

1>Yellow
2>Do Nothing, Report to FA
3>Corner

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Brandy Alexander posted:

3>Corner

Why wouldn't that be a red?

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 168 days!

ManoliIsFat posted:

Why wouldn't that be a red?

Why would it be a red?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
denying an obvious own goal scoring opportunity

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If only there were a way to find Keith Hackett's answers.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

foobardog posted:

3. I'd say no goal due to outside agent. Drop ball. The real question is if the leg counts as part of the player, and I think it does not once he does not have sufficient control over it. Maybe if he was that superhero that can detach their limbs, then I'd still give no goal and a card for unsporting behavior.

Iraq are down 1-0 in a World Cup qualifier. At 80 minutes, manager Uday Hussein orders support staff to start surgical chainsaws on the sidelines. At the next corner, the Iraqi players hurl their severed legs at the incoming cross. One connects, putting the ball in the back of the net. What do you do?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

If only there were a way to find Keith Hackett's answers.

quote:

3) Award an indirect free-kick on the goal area line parallel to the goalline at a point nearest the position of the offence. The keeper has deliberately handled the ball from a direct kick from a team-mate. He's not guilty, though, of the red card offence of denying a goal because keepers are allowed to handle the ball inside their own penalty area: his offence is specific.

Huh, good to know.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Hackett 3:16 -

1) Yes. The fact that he was off the field when the ball was last played is not relevant: he is considered to be on the touchline and therefore in an offside position. The moment he becomes active, you must penalise offside.

2) Not the most sporting of opponents, are they? Assuming the injury is clearly genuine, stop play and re-start with a dropped ball – which the opponents, once they have cooled down, may realise it is sensible not to contest.

3) This is expressly not a situation where you need to be thinking about offside or outside agents interfering with play. Clearly you should be treating this incident, with the striker on the ground and unable to move, as a serious injury, in exactly the same way as if it was a clash of heads. So stop play and call for medical assistance for the player, restarting with a dropped ball at a point on the six-yard line parallel to the goalline nearest to where he fell. Allow him to come back on later, if you are satisfied the false leg is secure.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Hackett basically calling all of us heartless bastards. Come on, there's no reason to not assume that dude is just chilling on one leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So what if a player was injured in the act of scoring a goal, like Huntelaar in in that one game where he ended up with a mouthful of grass? The goal still counted. Does the goal still count in #3?

• Locked thread