Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Continue without him. It's not ideal, but many matches are played without physios - and even at professional level, unless competition rules state otherwise, it is your call whether to play on without medical staff. I would never abandon a game if it could be avoided. So send the physio out of the technical area, tell him he may still be needed in an emergency, and complete the match as normal. Afterwards, make sure you have full notes of what happened, as this could become a police matter.
Thanks to Stefan Dale.

2) If a player asks to wear anything more than the basic equipment it needs to be obviously necessary (such as a cast to protect an injured wrist), and it must not pose a danger to opposing players or himself. So in this case, having spoken to his manager to confirm there is no valid medical reason for the headgear, refuse permission.
Thanks to David Lord.

3) If he genuinely manages to pull this trick off – the ball staying in contact with his instep throughout one, single movement, it is a valid goal – players can lift the ball with one or both feet when taking a free-kick. But you must be sure he has not played the ball twice. If he has, it's an indirect free-kick to the defending team. Josh Steele wins the shirt.

I don't quite see how the reasoning in 2) works to be honest. Also the first one doesn't deal with the fact that if a medic is the type to punch an opposing player they may not be the most cooperative of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

It's Friday!

1) Give the offside, it occurred before the trip.

2) Honestly? Not a clue. Punch yourself in the face having had the captains call out which nostril blood comes out of first.

3) Can you even be carded in a penalty shootout? Anyway, make him take the penalty and write a scathing report on him.

V V V Then the assistant should call over the referee (assuming he's about to give a penalty) to tell him that the attacking player was offside before the trip happened and that he just didn't have enough time to raise his flag. Although as far as being the ref goes yeah you'd give a pen initially.

Overminty fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 2, 2012

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

1) Yes, tell them all to take them off except the actual captain (I assume you get the team lineup before kick off and includes the captain). Bollock the manager.

2) Go on with play if he's not looking for treatment.

3) Free kick to the attackersGive the offside, book the defender for being a twat.

e; Don't think all bookable offences are free kicks

Overminty fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 20, 2012

• Locked thread