Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
1) Inspect ball, if no problems with it and it's an official ball, let goal stand.
2) Accidental, so let game play on. Tell the sub to be a bit more careful so it doesn't happen again.
3) Penalty and red card to defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Can you really award a goal from an accidental hand ball?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

1) Penalty and laugh at the idiot defender as you red card him

2) Sucks, since the keeper was doing a good thing, but award goal according to law I think.

3) Red card both players, the home team can use two substitutes as starters instead, and they now has only five substitutes for the match.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

1) Drag the assisstant to the side and tell him to calm down. Include it in the post-match report.

2) Accident or not, still a foul. Penalty, but no card.

3) Let it go since there's no crowd to incite..

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Mickolution posted:

He should have, though.

If the carding for taking off shirts is for inciting crowds, then surely you shouldn't give cards when there is no crowd to incite?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

ayb posted:

holy poo poo I think they picked my question. I sent in that last one about 3 weeks ago

Congrats, it's a pretty good question.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

If the last one isn't a backpass, how would it be different from say, the keeper stopping the ball with his foot then pick it up? Or maybe kick the ball very lightly then pick it up?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Think there was a similar situation to #3 in You Are the Ref some months ago, and pretty sure it's an own goal.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Aren't the refs just recommended to stop the game at 6 players? Couldn't he just red card the players and let the game finish normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

vyelkin posted:

So what if a player was injured in the act of scoring a goal, like Huntelaar in in that one game where he ended up with a mouthful of grass? The goal still counted. Does the goal still count in #3?

You don't usually start with a dropped ball at the six-yard line after a goal, so I would guess the goal don't count.

• Locked thread