Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I've had a Mirra for about 6 years and love it. It takes a little while to get used to but will feel like a glove within a week. The most important aspect of Herman Miller chairs is the warranty. It's really remarkable. I've had two problems, both my own doing and they fixed it no questions asked.

1) I was on the phone and spinning the chair around like an idiot while standing next to it and the plastic back ripped away from the spine of it. They next day aired me a new back piece without even taking a look at it.

2) When moving I accidentally punctured the mesh. The hole slowly got larger the more I used it. Didn't think they'd cover it but called and they came out the next day and did. Didn't have to pay for anything.

So I guess the service is worth the extra money here. If the chair is something that is important and something you use a lot, spend the money and get something high quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ample posted:

Is the warranty really worth it though. I always see "open boxed" "like new" aerons on craigs list from $399 to $800. I'm in desperate need of a chair but the warranty literarily doubles the costs of it. The computer chair for the computer is going to end up costing more than the computer itself.

Is the warranty not available on those? I was under the impression that it works even if it transfers ownership. The chair is just covered for 12 years. If you find a good deal on one, you may want to contact Herman Miller and ask them if the chair is covered by warranty and for how long before buying. Maybe even see if you can get the receipt from the original

For me, the warranty is worth it. I work from home so I can be in the chair for almost 10 hours a day. And if my chair breaks, I need it fixed quickly. But if you're not using the chair that much and it's just not that important to you, there are probably cheaper options available.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mierdaan posted:

I'm not sure what the actual warranty says, but as someone who has called in a warranty repair on a Mirra all the information they ask for is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the seat.

Same here. Never asked for a receipt or anything.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I've had a Mirra for many years now. I love the chair but I'm wondering if there is a big difference in it and the Aeron. Part of me would like a softer back but I'm not sure it'd be noticeable. Anyone have experience with both? I figure I could still get a few hundred for the chair on CL and pick up an Aeron with the difference.