Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

eriddy posted:

I went to a healthyback store today and tried out the aeron, embody, leap, etc all for the first time.

My initial and lasting impression is that they have a lot of levers and cranks and dials and the sales reps don't like it when you release the seat recline lock and swing wildly backwards in every fancy chair they have.

My other impression was that the forward tilt mode on the Aeron provided the best support for my usual working posture.

I will likely pick up a used Aeron off craigslist soon. Are there any particular areas to closely inspect on these? Is it pretty much just "make sure all the adjustments work and there aren't any holes in it"?

The Aeron is a great chair for people that are not overweight, otherwise you'll have issues with the seat cutting off circulation to your legs (I just got 5 used ones from a Lockheed Martin buy-out). Check underneath the seat and see if there are missing screws in the base. It's very hard to gently caress those chairs up, unless you were actively trying to do so.

A good high-back mesh chair with customizable options are good from 9-to-5 Seating, but good luck trying to find an online vendor. They do NOT like selling their chairs online for some reason. The 9-to-5 Strata is the second best-chair I've used at home, the 1st being the ergoHuman by Eurotech. It's an expensive chair, even at wholesale prices, but it is VERY comfortable with mountains of options on them. Humanscale chairs are good chairs, however they are not very customizable, since their chair design is off the idea that it's meant to be sat in the way it is designed, no options available.

I'd be happy to answer PM's about chairs, since I do work for an e-Commerce company that sells strictly office/home office chairs that are a specialty niche. I'm not going to pimp it here, but I will say do not be cheap with your computer chairs. Investing in a good $300-400 chair makes all the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU