Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

LLJKSiLk posted:

I'm considering going no-chair for a standing office solution. I say this because I spend 8 hours at my computer while at work, and anywhere from 3-4 hours on my computer at home.

Regardless of how much exercise you get, your muscles are not being supported properly while sitting, and this leads to the posture problems, etc. because chairs are not "normal" when considering human evolution.

Might be something you'd want to look into as an alternative, though it will require some shifting of your desk. You can also sort of use books/boxes to stack monitors and keyboard to a standing height if you don't want to fork over a bunch of money for an IKEA standing workstation.

This is a good read:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/standing-at-work/

Our shop is primarily standing only. We have a couple stools that rotate around for the fat and lazy to use. My biggest recommendation is to make whatever surface you're working at tall enough that you don't have to hunch over it. Otherwise you end up doing even more damage to your body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU