Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I am currently sitting on one of those terrible plastic Ikea chairs (the kind where you buy the bottom separately [wheels or no wheels]). I bought it because my girlfriend uses one of the wheeled versions and didn't want me to ruin our vibe with some kind of goon throne.

This thread makes me depressed because the message I'm picking up is that you can't really get a chair worth a drat unless you're willing to spend some serious money. Just so we're clear, I'm considering a few hundred dollars serious money. My opinion is skewed by my current financial situation -- I recognize that it makes sense that a chair, like a mattress, isn't something you want to skimp on.

That being said, I am still in this loving Ikea seat (the Snille). With that in mind, does anyone know of any sub-$100 chairs? I know that these chairs suck in the long term, but I'm more worried about the thing I'm currently sitting on. I'm looking for an immediate improvement on my current situation and not necessarily the chair I'll be using for the rest of my life.

Anything is better than my current poo poo.

Help. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Thanks for the link. I'll check those out. Anything that's not what I have is a step in the right direction for now.