Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
You guys are over thinking things. Just go power down in the trees somewhere and let the Goshawk (sorry, Vapor Eagle is a dumb as gently caress name and I will use the IS designation for this obscenely broken mech) kill everyone. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Also, in case Goontrinary hasn't noticed, you seem to have lost LoS on the unknown assault mech to the north this turn, due to it being a blind game. You may want to try to get LoS to it this turn before it can use its Void Sig to go all Hidden on you.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Scintilla posted:

So, what's the Thug doing? '???' sounds pretty ominous...

Powering up for battle.

which in this fight is basically overheating itself, so it really is powering up for battle.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

So, what's the Thug doing? '???' sounds pretty ominous...

It was out of Line of Sight, so you don't know.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Affi posted:

Get up melee close with the Excalibur and unload everything! It won't live to use any potential melee attacks.

Yeah, it pretty much looks like the current consensus choice for the thread is to take out the Excalibur by walking up to right behind it and unloading everything, though maybe not close enough for a melee attack since it does look like it has a melee weapon (blade? lance?) in its left arm on the sprite. You should be able to ruin that pilot's day with what you'll be rolling to hit him, so most of your shots should land in places that'll hurt, badly messing up or punching through his back armor to the delicious internals there and potentially making him take tons of crits and roll a bunch of dice for checks that he doesn't want to and hopefully fail. If your luck holds, that should be enough to cripple him and you can move on for next turn. While your One Turn Invulnerability is only for the Shooting Phase, you'll be able to absorb some shots meant for others and not be in range for melee retaliation hopefully.

The turn after, coordinate with the Huntsman to see where he'll be going and see if you can't team up with him to take out another Trout mech together. Or go after the damaged Longbow together, which should be the southern one, the one facing northeast, and not the northern one, facing northwest. Of course, it all depends on how good your shooting is this turn and what the Huntsman does, along with where PTN moves the Trout mechs. Still, make a decision and stick with it, we here in the peanut gallery can only give you advice that is of a questionable nature sometimes.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 17, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Gonna come right out and say: the Excalibur has 6.5 tons of armor.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well you're not gonna get much better endorsement for backstabbing it than this.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Kill it dead. I'm not sure what's more entertaining in this thread, the peanut gallery or PTN's amusing storyline. So far the Trouts seem to be doing an excellent job of killing off Clanners desperately trying to start up their mechs.

It's also fun to see a point of view character killed off in the next update after he's smugging about how his mech was one of a few on idle (assuming I read that correctly).

e: apparently I'm an idiot, that's what I get for skimming.

Baudin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 17, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Baudin posted:

It's also fun to see a point of view character killed off in the next update after he's smugging about how his mech was one of a few on idle (assuming I read that correctly).

You didn't, the Warhawk's still up and fighting.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

It was out of Line of Sight, so you don't know.

Psion posted:

Powering up for battle.

which in this fight is basically overheating itself, so it really is powering up for battle.

Oh, charging capacitors, right. Speaking of powering up, I do like the DBZ auras the mechs acquire when they go Ace.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

Oh, charging capacitors, right.

It did that already, the ?? is just there to show that you couldn't see it for a turn. It's not significant in and of itself.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

So it's NOT a royal and is instead probably a regular one with TSM. 2 machine gun/srm hits will breach a rear torso if one of the lasers doesn't do the job first.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 17, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Psion posted:

Powering up for battle.

He's charging up for Get Out 3. He doesn't usually need this, but CLPL is bullshit so (no time to edit goku hair onto a thug)

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Chronojam posted:

He's charging up for Get Out 3. He doesn't usually need this, but CLPL is bullshit so (no time to edit goku hair onto a thug)

Five minutes until capacitor is charged! :ssj:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
If the Thug is Goku, who is Vegeta?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The Talon, clearly. Powers up, then immediately gets punked by the new guys to show how tough they are.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Quick question, what 'mech is in 0820? I didn't see it on PTNs little clan 'mech infographic that he posted a few pages back.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
It's the Awesome that wound up not getting used in last mission's Trial.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Scintilla posted:

It's the Awesome that wound up not getting used in last mission's Trial.

Why is it in Knights colors? Did they surrender it as salvage since they lost the trial? I feel I must have missed something.

VVVVVV
Ah.

The Casualty fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 17, 2014

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PTN said that the Clan techs repainted it and they were going to return it.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
The invulnerability is on the turn a mech starts, right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Scintilla posted:

The Talon, clearly. Powers up, then immediately gets punked by the new guys to show how tough they are.
That's more Piccolo's bailiwick, isn't it?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

JT Jag posted:

That's more Piccolo's bailiwick, isn't it?

It's the burden of everyone who isn't Goku.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Casualty posted:

It's the burden of everyone who isn't Goku.
Except Gohan during the Android arc

If only that stuck.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Scintilla posted:

:golfclap: That's perfect, thank you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Haha. Oh man.

I was way off.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Haha. Oh man.

I was way off.

It's a standard model with TSM, one ton of ammo per gun, and no CASE.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Scintilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whc_T1qVxl4

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

It's a standard model with TSM, one ton of ammo per gun, and no CASE.

Nope!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, that was discounting the obvious lance and void sig replacing AMS. It can't have endosteel or ferrofibrous because you wouldn't have had anywhere else to put the extra tons besides armor, just from what equipment we know it has. And that leaves a ton of free crits that might as well be TSM since everything else seems to have it.

fivetomidnight
Jan 20, 2011
Whew! It's taken a few weeks, but I've finally caught up on this thread after the three years (:gonk:) I've been away from the forums. Awesome work, PTN and pilots!

I've never played any Battletech before, but could you add me to the pilot list? I have PMs.

I noticed a few broken images as I was reading through the updates. I'll send a PM soon with a list of what I noticed, if that's okay :)

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

PTN, this is just fantastic and incredibly amusing to read. Would it be possible (in future updates) to clearly separate the clan and RWR mechs, at least in the shooting phase?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Teledahn posted:

PTN, this is just fantastic and incredibly amusing to read. Would it be possible (in future updates) to clearly separate the clan and RWR mechs, at least in the shooting phase?

They typically are; but aces shoot before the players do (and player aces shoot before enemy aces; even though all they really have going for them is plot armor) which is why they're blended together more than usual. They go back into their normal position as soon as they stop being aces.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

They typically are; but aces shoot before the players do (and player aces shoot before enemy aces)

Do you mean that the results of the said Ace shooting apply before non-aces shoot? Because unless that's the case, I don't see why they need to be put at the top, with shooting being simultaneous.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Mostly it's so I don't forget to double-check their heat to make sure they properly de-ACE if necessary.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
I'm confused, why are some of the mechs invulnerable for a turn? Is it because they're starting up and getting into position to avoid random rear armor deaths?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There's a good chance some of the players will show up in really disadvantageous positions, so they get a turn to maneuver and exploit their starting point.

Edit: Man, I'm not going to have to kill any tents at all the way the players keep stomping on them!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 20, 2014

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Man, I'm not going to have to kill any tents at all the way the players keep stomping on them!

Hurray for teamwork!

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Is it something like: "If you weren't sleeping in your mech, you're not a mechwarrior!" *CRUSH!*?

Or more like: "Hey that's the guy's tent who made fun of me before, I can get away with this."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 8

Star Captain Ren Sukhanov stared incredulously at his HUD, momentarily dumbfounded by what he’d just witnessed. His mouth opened to voice a warning but he couldn’t bring himself to utter a word. A fluke was all it was, surely: two of his Streak SRMs had missed—one from each launcher. Ren had never seen the like. His salvo had been on target, and yet a missile from each flight had not only missed; but overcorrected immediately and swung itself around the enemy Bobcat like an orbiting comet moments before being flung away to explode harmlessly in mid-air. He’d heard of Streak SRMs failing before, but so rarely most Clanners considered such a thing an impossibility. His machine was well-maintained, his launchers read fine, and the missiles themselves had passed all inspections—and yet two had missed. One from each launcher.

His radio crackled, a sonorous voice filled the airwaves and Ren’s computer identified the broadcaster as one of the freeborn warriors from Gamma Galaxy, “I’ve never seen ECM this good! It even misdirected my Streak missiles in-flight!”

“Aff,” Ren confirmed. “This appears to be true.”

His blood ran cold as he ran through a thousand possibilities. If the enemy’s electronic warfare capabilities were so much better than the Clan standard, what else could they hide? BattleMechs, clearly, but what about explosives? DropShips? Or even, Kerensky-forbid, even fleets of WarShips? Would the Inner Sphere, bereft of such technology for nearly a century, even know the telltale signs that one of their star systems had been entered covertly?

A younger him would never have questioned such a thing but after twenty seconds of combat he knew one thing: the Clans had seriously underestimated this “new” Rim Worlds Republic.

Combat Phase
ACE Vapor Eagle
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled 10, hit Rear Right Torso (0/5 armor, 10/15 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled 10, hit Rear Left Torso (0/5 armor, 14/15 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (7/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (11/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 6, 1 missile hit Left Leg (5/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Excalibur (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 11, 1 missile hit Rear Center Torso (3/5 armor remains)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Warhawk B
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (11/18 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (11/18 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (4/18 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (4/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, 5 missiles hit Left Leg (2/18 armor remains), Left Arm (11/13 armor remains), Right Torso (16/18 armor remains), Right Arm (11/13 armor remains), Center Torso (20/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, 5 missiles hit Center Torso (18/22 armor remains), Center Torso (16/22 armor remains), Left Arm (9/13 armor remains), Left Arm (7/13 armor remains), Center Torso (14/22 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (11/18 armor remains)!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 40!

Wolf Spider B
- Fires ER PPC at Bobcat (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Bobcat (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (0/13 armor, 3/7 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Bobcat (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/22 armor, 13/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Arctic Cheetah
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (7/14 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (3/14 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-5 at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 7, 3 missiles hit Right Arm (11/14 armor remains)!
- Fires Flamer at Crab (3 base + 3 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires TAG at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 7, hit!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 Light Woods + 1 partial cover - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 Light Woods + 1 partial cover - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/9 armor, 11/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires LB 2-X Autocannon at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 Light Woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 Light Woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Thug
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 Heavy PPC = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (15/35 armor remains)!
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 Heavy PPC = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 41 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Longbow
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV (Artemis) at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 11, 12 missiles hit Left Arm (11/16 armor remains), Left Leg (19/24 armor remains), Right Arm (14/16 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV (Artemis) at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires TAG at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Holds fire!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 11, hit (near miss)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 28!

Crab
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1825!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (0/7 armor, 4/5 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (2/8 armor remains)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 36!

Hunchback
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Bobcat
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (0/35 armor remains)!
- Fires Light PPC at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (23/28 armor remains)!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 24! Overheating! ACE!

Stinger
- Holds fire
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Arrow IV Salvo
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the northern map: rolled 10, succeeds!
- Must roll a 4+ to hit target Crab: rolled 8, hits Left Arm (0/14 armor, 0/8 structure remains)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (3/12 structure remains)! Crit!
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the northern map: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must roll a 4+ to hit target Crab: rolled 8, hits Center Torso (0/18 armor, 14/16 structure remains)! Crit!

End Phase:
Crab
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Excalibur
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - LRM-20 hit!

Bobcat
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Angel ECM hit!

Longbow
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hits sustained!

Arctic Cheetah
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!

Warhawk B
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Vapor Eagle
- Kicks Excalibur (4 base + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 Clanner - 2 kick = 6): rolled 3, miss!

End Phase:
Vapor Eagle
- Must roll a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 missed kick = 4): rolled 11, succeeds!

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a weaker Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 1 Objectives:
- Die Gloriously!

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (3/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (3/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (59/84 tents remaining)
- Defend Clan Equipment (24/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Stinger –Structure damage
Hunchback – Armor damage
Longbow – Structure damage! Pilot injured!
Crab – Armor penetrated

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Longbow +1
- Longbow +1
- Thug +1
- Black Knight +1
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +0
- Hunchback +0
- Crab +0
- Bobcat +ACE
- Stinger +4