Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Arroca really is a fool, instead of overheating to get revenge he could try to make it off the left edge of the map.
Awesome Blackjack once again.

XL engines never last in brawls like this.

-> Would that force another Piloting test, or just upgrade the 5+ he passed to a 7+?

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Do engine crits add heat on the turn they occur? If so, the Awesome should be at +16 heat, which also means Arroca just took an extra point of pilot damage since he's lost his life support.

If Arroca bails out, please please please place him in the board as an infantry unit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Soooooooo, Centurion orders. at p3 what are the odds I can get away with a regular stand instead of a careful stand, and realistically what would it get me? I don't see myself being able to suddenly stand up and spring out of range of the Awesome's guns / generate a move mod / whatever.

so I'm thinking ... careful stand, face the Awesome, hit it with everything I've got.

Voyager I posted:

If Arroca bails out, please please please place him in the board as an infantry unit.

I'd like to second this. What better way to get that 10th infantry kill for the subobjective? :allears:

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 18, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's at 2/3 firepower, you can totally face-tank that.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Careful stand is a house rule that PTN made up to let players with badly damaged mechs (or in our case, laughable piloting scores) stand up. A normal standing action cost two points of movement and is determined by an unmodified piloting check, which is a 3+ for you since Jag is really good at piloting. I'm not sure how far you'd get with 4 points of movement left but getting up shouldn't be any trouble for you.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Careful Stand is a regular rule, you can find it in TacOps.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I like the rule on the same page that lets you drop to a knee instead of falling if you only fail your piloting roll by 1.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Wow, that Blackjack was really good at sandpapering the Awesome. Guess if you're gonna go Machine Guns, better pack a lot of them and use up your ammo quickly to minimize chances for an ammo explosion!

All those headshots, Arroca's gotta be feeling it. And one of his AC/10s is gone as well as taking an Engine hit, so there's a third of his offensive firepower blown away and he'll be overheating like crazy... Need to focus him down quickly, and hopefully Jag is the one that gets the last hit in so he can get that bonus objective.

That one liner was pretty painful, though.

Death's Consorts are pretty much all that's left, and they're all pristine, with the King (Two) Crab(s in one) moving up, and the Griffin hanging back to snipe alongside the Marauder lobbing Arrow IV artillery missiles. Better clear those firing lanes and get ready to get in there...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dis astranagant posted:

I like the rule on the same page that lets you drop to a knee instead of falling if you only fail your piloting roll by 1.

well, according to the fluff that's what I did. Does that alter the rolls for standing up though?

Voyager I posted:

I'm not sure how far you'd get with 4 points of movement left but getting up shouldn't be any trouble for you.

with all the rubble around, basically nowhere good. I guess I could go into 0617 facing 0717? (one forward over Sal's wreck, two up the hill, one to turn right one hex) - but then I don't know if I'd be exposed to PPC fire up there. My real question is, can I still shoot at the Awesome even if I totally miss the standing roll? That's what matters, because:

GhostStalker posted:

and hopefully Jag is the one that gets the last hit in

I just need to hit him or be planning to hit him the turn he dies, not necessarily get the killing shot. I wouldn't say no to the last hit, but I don't need it.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 18, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

well, according to the fluff that's what I did. Does that alter the rolls for standing up though?

You fell.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Psion posted:

That's probably what happened then, since PTN didn't roll falling damage or facing for you or make any mention of you falling over. I don't have tacops though so as to what happens next :iiam:
EDIT: guess not

This turn has been a really good example of the sheer sadism that the Poptartsdice are capable of. It would have been very, very easy for Arroca to die this turn. Taking so many backshots to places other than rear torso sections was a moderate improbability. Blanking out on the three torso crits he still took was another small act of spite for statistics. The dice did not do this out of mercy, though; the double headshot was proof enough that they aren't here to save him. Rather, they are toying with him as a cat would play with its next meal. They spared him from the simple end of an ammunition explosion so they could savor his terror as he finds himself at the start of this turn in the walking, burning cadaver of his mech.

Badly overheating with no life support.
Surrounded by enemies with a 1/2 movement profile.
His own 'friends' raining artillery on his head.
2 points of head structure left in his head and 20 machine guns calmly lining up the deathblow behind him.
Both arms lost, so he cannot even attempt to swat the fly away.
A whole cadre of enemies approaching to ensure that no amount of luck will see him through the next shooting phase.

If the dice were merciful, Arroca would have died last turn, going down swinging with everything he had. Instead, he was cheated out of a glorious end to die this turn, crippled, burning, and bleeding, with the knowledge there is nothing he can do to save himself.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 18, 2014

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
He could eject and save himself the Mech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

If the dice were merciful, Arroca would have died last turn, going down swinging with everything he had. Instead, he was cheated out of a glorious end to die this turn, crippled, burning, and bleeding, with the knowledge there is nothing he can do to save himself.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tank Boy Ken posted:

He could eject and save himself the Mech.

I don't think we'll be letting him do that.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Psion posted:

I don't think we'll be letting him do that.

Certainly not, but he was dumb enough to take the Consorts offer so that doesn't mean he might not try!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Jag's not the most trustworthy narrator, remember.

I'm missing quite a few sets of orders so I guess we're going on Christmas Hiatus a bit early (I still appreciate being told players will be away even for something as obvious as a holiday, it helps me plan my own holiday!)

As a heads-up I also work the next two Wednesdays. I wasn't planning on a Christmas update anyway, but we won't be getting a New Years Eve update due to the hours I'm scheduled to work. I'll try to think of something fun and/or amusing for us to do like a contest or something in the meanwhile.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Contests are always good.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Aw poo poo, sorry PTN, I thought that I'd be able to post yesterday but I was so jet-lagged that I slept in for about 15 hours and missed the deadline.

Regardless of that I'll get them in now, I'm going to jump to hex 1408 and hold fire.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I subbed orders but didn't put them in the thread. Well, for anyone who cares I'm standing up and blasting the Awesome. I didn't see any hex I could move to with 4mp where I wouldn't be exposing rear armor to somebody's guns.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'll try to think of something fun and/or amusing for us to do like a contest or something in the meanwhile.

Why not another mech or vehicle design contest? I really enjoyed tooling around trying to come up with battle armor designs. How about a mech for a specific faction to coincide with community warfare actually existing in MWO, much to the surprise of everyone?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Build Your Own Pirate Day Contest!

Alright, most of you know the drill by now, so I'll be brief: I'd like you to design your own Pirate, and I don't mean just the hardware. I'd like the complete package, and, because Pirates aren't big on rules, I've put together a few guidelines to help you. These guidelines are meant to be broken, but remember entries aren't intended to be novels. Pirates are low-tech, except when they aren't, they tend to use BattleMechs except when they don't, and so I'm leaving the actual contest relatively open. I will even accept designs that are even technically illegal if they're well put together, so if you can find a way to strap a Mechanical Jump Booster or UMUs to a Von Luckner, I'm not going to stop you.

Rules Guidelines
Your Pirate
- Your pirate needs a name, but more importantly your pirate needs a nickname. It can say as much or as little about them as you want.
- Your pirate needs a backstory of some kind--I'd prefer no more than a paragraph but as long as you remember to keep things brief it's ok to go over, we're not writing Far Country, just having fun. It's also cool to ignore backstory completely if your pirate's nickname is descriptive enough.
- Is your pirate independent, part of a small unit, or part of an existing pirate band?

Your Pirate's battle machine
- `Mechs or Vehicles preferred, I don't have the rules for fighters and I hate LAMs, but if you want your pirate to fly a VTOL with a rear-mounted `Mech Mortar then go for it.
- Their combat vehicle needs a name, nickname, or both.
- Pirates should be low-tech, except when they're not. SLDF caches are more likely to be found by pirates, so sometimes they've got gear that's pretty terrifying by pre-Clan standards.
- Instead of your pirate's history, you could give a brief backstory for his or her machine instead. Again, try to be brief.
- Giving your machine a positive or negative design quirk or two probably wouldn't hurt!

Rewards
I will sprite up the winning pirate war machines.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 23, 2014

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Banshee "Two-Face" BNC-3TF

==Overview:==
The infamous "Two-Face" is a strange design to say the least. Piloted by a former up and coming pirate known as Harvel "Scar-Face" Dante of the Double or Nothing pirate gang, Harvey and his then-stock 3S model Banshee terrorized the edge of (then) Federated Suns space until one of his ambition second in commands opened fire on him from behind during a raid and gutted his battlemech. Since then, Harvey has become obsessed with being ready for any future backstab attempts. To reflect this, he completely overhauled his gutted Banshee into the form that it has today.

Realizing that a Battlemech is weakest from behind, Harvey had his new "Two-Face" Banshee built with equal amounts of armor plating both front and back, and when told that this would leave his 'mech with paper thin armor, he slew the tech who suggested it and demanded that they cover his battlemech in double-layer, reinforced armor. But he didn't stop there, as he also demanded that not only should his 'mech be protected from all angles, but it should be able to attack from all angles as well. Working his techs like slaves, he had the torso-twist capabilities expanded upon, giving him far wider range of motion compared to other Battlemechs.

Still not satisfied, he tried to equip his Battlemech with a pair of extra arms that faced backwards, but when it was clear even to him that such a radical design was impossible, he instead replaced the Banshee's existing arms with ones that could be flipped backwards to fire into the rear arc. Unfortunately, work had already begun on adding extra arm ports on the torso, which resulted in giving Battle Armor or infantry what amounts to an extra set of handholds with which to climb the machine.

This obsession with being able to face any opponent regardless of where they come from even extends to his selection of weapons. Originally wanting a pair of Large Lasers and a pair of AC/5s in the arms, Harvey was forced instead to settle for the much maligned Binary Laser Cannon instead, and a pair of sawed off 'Light' AC/5s that his techs went to extensive trouble to modify. As for the rest of his weapons, Harvey had one simple requirement: Any weapon not equipped to the arms should instead have a matching pair equipped to fire in the rear arcs, so his techs installed his machine with front and rear facing Medium Range Missiles and Flamers.

The one exception to this rule he made was in the rear-firing Rocket Launcher. Modelling the back of his battlemech's head to look exactly like the front, he installed the rocket launcher in the rear face's 'mouth'. In his words, he wanted 'the last thing any gutless backstabber in his crew to see before they died was that twisted grin', and it is rumored that he had the names of each and every one of his crew painted on the warheads as a reminder.

--------------------------------------------------------

pre:
Mass:          95 tons

Equipment:                                 Crits    Mass
Int. Struct.:  145 pts Standard              0      9.50
Engine:        285 Fusion                    6     16.50
   Walking MP:   3
   Running MP:   4
   Jumping MP:   0
Heat Sinks:     11 Double [22]               0      1.00
Gyro:                                        4      3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors:                5      3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA    R: Sh+UA             12       .00
Armor Factor:  260 pts Hardened              0     32.50

Internal    Armor
                          Structure   Value
   Head:                      3          8      
   Center Torso:             30         60      
   Center Torso (Rear):                 60      
   L/R Side Torso:           20      40/40      
   L/R Side Torso (Rear):            40/40      
   L/R Arm:                  16      44/44      
   L/R Leg:                  20      68/68      

Weapons and Equipment    Loc  Heat  Ammo   Crits    Mass
1 Binary Laser Cannon    RA     16           4      9.00
2 Light AC/5s            LA      2   20      5     11.00
  (Ammo Locations: 1 LT)
1 MRM 10                 RT      4   24      3      4.00
  (Ammo Locations: 1 RT)
1 MRM 10                 LT(R)   4           2      3.00
1 Flamer                 CT(R)   3           1      1.00
1 Flamer                 CT      3           1      1.00
1 Rocket Launcher 10 (OS)HD(R)   3           1       .50
TOTALS:                         32          44     95.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          34       .00

Design Quirks: Extended Torso Twist, Distracting, Difficult to Maintain, Exposed Actuators, Poor Workmanship

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 23, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Haha, you know I actually designed a mech with identical firepower and armour on both sides. It was called the Schrodinger and meant to be a solaris gimmick mech. I even made a sprite for it:

Anyway, here's my entry.

--

Background:
Bethany 'Bunsen' Kinnock is a pirate warlord operating on the fringes of the New Rim Worlds Republic. Formerly a member of the Dismal Disinherited, Kinnock abandoned the unit when she was left for dead after her Archer was almost completely destroyed during an ill-fated attempt to raid a Brian Cache on the Free Worlds League border. Undeterred, Kinnock repaired her mech with whatever she could scavenge and set off for the NRWR. An unashamed pyromaniac, Kinnock became feared throughout the rimward border for her use of incendiary weapons. Her repeated successes resulted in her attracting the attention of other criminals and malcontents, eventually forming the pirate warband 'Kinnock's Killers', who remain active despite the best efforts of the Rim World armed forces. Kinnock herself has been declared killed in action half a dozen times only to turn up alive and well weeks later, her mech rebuilt and ready for battle once again.

Mech:

code:
Archer 'Hellhammer' ARC-6Rx
Mixed (Base IS)
70 tons  (Actually 73.5 tons)
BV: 1,678
Cost: 13,868,204 C-bills

Movement: 4/6
Engine: 280 XL (Clan)
Heat Sinks: 11 [22]
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 107 (Endo-Steel Prototype)
Armor: 208/217
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Center Torso               22       35
Center Torso (rear)                  8
Right Torso                15       25
Right Torso (rear)                   5
Left Torso                 15       25
Left Torso (rear)                    5
Right Arm                  11       22
Left Arm                   11       22
Right Leg                  15       26
Left Leg                   15       26

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
Blazer Cannon                   LT    16
Flamer                          RA     3
Plasma Rifle                    LA    10
LRM 20                          RT     6

Ammo                           Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
Plasma Rifle Ammo               LA    10
Plasma Rifle Ammo               LA    10
LRM 20 Thunder-Inferno Ammo     RT     3
LRM 20 Heat-Seeking Ammo        RA     3

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
Targeting Computer              LT
The very definition of a Frankenmech, little remains of the Archer that Kinnock originally fielded. Only the right arm and mighty LRM-20 remain intact, with the remaining bodywork patched together from other mechs. The interior framework is based on lightweight but bulky prototype Endo-Steel plundered from an ancient Star League research facility and powered by a much more modern Rim Worlds specification XL Engine. It is protected by 13 tons of standard armour, giving it good defensive capabilities. In terms of armament the Hellhammer carries a Rim Worlds Plasma Rifle in its left arm with two tons of ammunition to keep the fires burning hot. Five flamers painstakingly riveted to the right hand are enough to roast anything that gets close, and for situations which require pure damage potential the mech carries a scavenged Binary Laser Cannon in its left torso. The LRM-20 has been loaded with special ammunition including Kinnock's home-made inferno scatter mines, with old style heat-seeking rockets to lock on to enemies once they inevitably overheat. All of the direct fire weapons are slaved to a plundered targeting computer to increase accuracy.

Due to its unique design the mech has a number of quirks. One of the mechs scavenged for parts carried a Mounted Searchlight which Kinnock never bothered to remove. Its LRM-20, which Kinnock considers a vital part of its armament, is fastidiously cleaned and calibrated before every battle, making it an exceptionally Accurate Weapon. However, a combination of its slipshod and haphazard design and the fact that it has been cobbled together from mechs of different weight classes has resulted in it being overweight by nearly four tons, causing it to be severely Unbalanced. Due to the cockpit being replaced so many times the ejection mechanism has undergone a catastrophic, irreversible malfunction, meaning that the mech effectively has No Ejection Mechanism.

Most problematic of all is that its nonstandard structure and the fact that it carries a number of exotic components has left the Hellhammer extremely Difficult to Maintain, to the point where a significant portion of Kinnock's recent raids have been undertaken in the hunt for compatible parts.

--

No need to design my mech; I'll do it myself!

See if you can tell where the component parts come from.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 27, 2014

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

- a sound investment!
Remind me someone, what's the program that you guys are using to make custom mechs?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I used MegaMekLab. There's also Solaris Skunkwerks, which is pretty much the same. Both are free and you can find them with a quick Google search.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SSW's usually more stable, while MML lets you make battle armor.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
Both require Java, right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nullkigan posted:

Both require Java, right?

Yes. It's assumed that if you're interested in them you'll be interested in Megamek, which is also in Java.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

- a sound investment!
Can a mech make a weapon attack with each arm per turn? Like two lances?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Trundel posted:

Nope.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Trundel posted:

Only if it has claws in both arms, since they are effectively still punches. (also a mech with two claws can climb buildings that can support its weight.)

Also since I prefer the crab theme i've worked up a mech.

The CrabBack. Half Starleague era crab with an experimental (read: Light fusion engine.) engine dug up from a cache, half hunchback. (guess which half.) Entirely terrifying, especially the fact that the ammo is in the center torso.

The Crabback is a terrifying monster of a frankenmech piloted by an equally terrifying individual. Born David Andrew Reynolds to a small independent group of pirates, "Tiny" as he is now known is a hulking monster of a man standing over 7 feet tall with a girth fitting his height, in other words he barely can squeeze himself into a cockpit. His lucky break came a few years ago as his band didn't have enough mechs for everyone until they hit upon a star league era facility. It was some sort of research lab with a bunch of experimental mechs in it. Tiny got a fine looking crab with better engineering than normal and an experimental engine designed to be both light and durable. Sadly durability doesn't help that much in the face of a company of Lyran hunchbacks that the band had the unfortunate luck to run into a year ago. The battle was fierce as the outnumbered pirates had advanced star league mechs on their side but the hunchbacks had numbers and surprise. At the end Tiny was the only mechwarrior left standing with only half a crab to his name but the bands techies now belonged to him and he had plenty of wrecked hunchbacks to work with.

The end result was a sight to behold. Mostly crab looking the right torso and arm loomed over the crab frame with a hunchbacks signature main weapon and arm. The extra armor and bracing to support the autocannon now protect the low slung Crab cockpit, but with the side effect of completely eliminating the signature rear ejection system of the Crab.

The Mech
pre:
Crabback 

Mass: 50 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E-A
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 7,177,875 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,335

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 250 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1  Autocannon/20
    1  ER Large Laser
    1  Medium Laser
    1  Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    83 points                2.50
    Internal Locations: 6 LT, 3 LA, 5 RA
Engine:             Light Fusion Engine          250                       9.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 0 
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             10(20)                    0.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV - 169                  9.50
    Armor Locations: 3 LT, 4 LA, 3 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     16           24        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  8         
                                           L/R Torso     12           18        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  6         
                                             L/R Arm     8            16        
                                             L/R Leg     12           24        

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ER Large Laser                               LA        12        2         5.00
Autocannon/20                                RT        7         10       14.00
Medium Laser                                 LT        3         1         1.00
Small Laser                                  HD        1         1         0.50
@AC/20 (10)                                  CT        -         2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 13
5          4       4       1       0      2     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 2/2/0

Design Quirks: Cowl, No Ejection Mechanism

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 24, 2014

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Only if it has claws in both arms, since they are effectively still punches. (also a mech with two claws can climb buildings that can support its weight.)

Damnit, knew I forgot something on the Danger Zone spider. Oh well.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Can I make a mech that is technically two mechs?

I may be in over my head with this, I don't think I could get megameklab/SSW to spell it out.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

No, Battletech doesn't get that funky. you might be able to fluff a quad like that but it'll still only have 1 head and 1 torso.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Welp, there goes my idea of two stripped mediums holding up a steel stretcher full of ac/5s.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Trundel posted:

There is a special piloting skill - Melee Master, I think it is - which allows you to make two melee attacks, but I think it might be limited to two strikes with the same weapon. I'm assuming piloting skills aren't on the table, though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

Welp, there goes my idea of two stripped mediums holding up a steel stretcher full of ac/5s.

Holding isn't a problem, joint movement and firing probably is. You can get really cheesy with the fact that a mech can carry something like 20% of its mass in its arms if you can convince your opponent to not punch you in the face.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Scintilla posted:

There is a special piloting skill - Melee Master, I think it is - which allows you to make two melee attacks, but I think it might be limited to two strikes with the same weapon. I'm assuming piloting skills aren't on the table, though.

It seems like a perfectly logical pirate mech to have multiple melee weapons and the pilot to not have the skill. I say go nuts.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Very true. PTN's given us quite a bit of leeway this time with regards to what is and is not allowed and / or can be justified due to pirates. Light AC's? Just sawn-off normal AC's. MML's? Some kooky homebrew missile launcher strapped together with duct tape. Clantech / other advanced technology? It was taken in a raid.

Basically it's an invitation to go nuts and come up with something crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, MMLs were invented by a glorified chop shop in the canon timeline so they're not that special.

• Locked thread