Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This has pleased me greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

this thread. has eaten up a solid day of my life.

:black101: but now I get to go find some goons to kill in megamek so it balances out, thank you.

and its Version 2, Clan

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Punches make special note of the additional negatives for damaged arm actuators, but don't state that leg actuator damage (hampers mobility) does not apply penalties to punching.

because they don't, it only applies to leg stuff.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

the JJ posted:

Turn 20: The ships finish powering up. The gunners inside have been carefully lining up their shots on five immobile targets. They fire, neatly headshotting Gamma Star. Then Ceasar gets his fat rear end out on the field, blasts apart the Mugger with the casual contempt of a pimp backhanding his 'ho as he crosses the field, and catches the Lucerne's foot just as it is about to come crashing into Sam's cockpit. The Wolfhound pilot and the Tank crew have meanwhile been dragging the Nova's severed arm behind them on a makeshift sledge. They arrange it in front of the fallen Lucerne's head, and complete the connection between their jury rigged firing mechanism and the arm's lasers with a stream of urine.

They are then all arrested by the Space EPA for starting forest fires.

drat the space epa

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bozart posted:

ShadowDragon I am starting to think you don't belong here.

eh

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TildeATH posted:

You want him to back up into a level change with two broken foot actuators? What's the piloting check on that, a 47?

turn towards the step down, move down for 2, turn back towards the clanner, torso twist and pummel

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

he could get lucky and hit something vital like ammo, he might get knocked down in the counter without a leg, but he can work that with the last clanner for one more turn... or work something this one.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

run down a level, to present heavier armor, torso twist and punch his legs.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mukaikubo should have kicked the clanner earlier, bad tactical judgement to keep calling, I would have kicked if I knew the armor was that weak.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A
:smug:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If there is still room I would like to sign up as a mechwarrior on the conditional part that I get to end up in a Crab or King Crab mech.

or something in the tank range with flamers so I can melt some <REDACTED>

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

A

On another note, a King Crab is the most 'this thread' Mech and I hope one gets busted out soon.

it is... best mech... it love you long time with dual ac/20s

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

See if anything on the list is good, otherwise have a lance of King Crabs hotdrop on the clanners

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fraction Jackson posted:

You spelled LB/10x wrong.

Consider: the IS's chances in any fight are based on luck, cunning, and sheer balls. The Gauss Rifle is an inelegant weapon. The LBx is finesse. It's cold and calculating. It best suits the heroes the IS has to offer. Also, TACing/headhitting-and-consciousness-checking any and all enemy mechs to death is fun as hell, and usually a lot more reliable math-wise.

Vote with your head. Vote LB/10x. And God Save the Prince.

you spelled LB-X/20 wrong

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fraction Jackson posted:

Sadly I think the 10x is the only one Comstar would have at this stage. Otherwise I'd have gladly stumped for the 20x in the hopes of the earliest possible design of the KGC-005.

this was my hope.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Refractive atmosphere, laser weaponry doesn't work, clanners real mad as their main advantage is stripped from them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A

Unleash the LosTech and King Crab upon them

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

the obvious solution is for comguard to come out of nowhere shooting wildly at the "clanners" and then they get jumped by <REDACTED>

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Griffin is a pretty chill mech I would not want to take one on.

also Please update the sign ups and put me on it... I do have pms... I think, I know I paid money for them, but I have never used them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

elitebuster posted:

Holy poo poo, a lot happened while I was without the internet. Also: to Shadow, when is Lestrade ever not planning to assasinate the Archon? That's his "thing".

so if he managed to become archon he'd plot to kill himself?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

eheheheehheeheeeheee that is perfect

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

just remember to stay at least 1 hex empty apart. so you don't aoe each other when you DIE to the duke, yes the statue is actually an atlas.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

those tanks of delicious alcohol are quite near a residential building.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

rereading... snow is ex-loki?

well obviously the question is how many rat anuses has snow used offensively, on orphans or otherwise.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I have had this explained to me.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 3, 2011

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

remember you are explosive to a one hex zone around your mech, stay at least that far away from the nightclub

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

one hit the rotor one hit the body

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GET IN THE BUILDINGS at most you take like 5 damage if you fail a psr, not only that, the jagermech doesn't have any guns that can punch through a building, get a hex into the heavy snow nightclub and troll the crap out of it. make sure to die in 1508 or 1607. others, also get in a building and take poo poo out

:black101: DO IT

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

get away from the refinery, set off sympathetic explosions like a god drat boss

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

fire everything twice.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:black101: kill rose. just kill him, this book makes me sick just lets reading it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Gauss rifle going if you have auto eject disabled might not even take out the arm/torso, so you are down one gun and weakened, if its an arm you lose the arm (which likely only had a gauss in it anyway and any crit takes out the weapon) ammo going is bad, without case your mech is dead if you have anything more than 1 shot per limb away from the center torso left, machine guns have 200 shots and do like 2 damage each and god drat does that kill you.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

jumpjet out of the refinery blowing it up, and land by those l2 2 unit buildings and start blowing them up, kill one section other falls, should net you some scratch

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

take out the refinery now, lure the tank over to the heavy building, cause motive damage.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

if you do manage to complete everything, buttfuck the von luckner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

success here will likely mobilize the lyrans against the clans big huge von gently caress off time. lets see your clan tech save you from a horde of angry assault mechs all going :black101: and outnumbering you 3 to 1. Sure... L1 lyrans but that also means nothing short of a torso or head cap is going to stop it.

:black101::black101::black101::black101: get dem clanners

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

the only good news is that later on (around the jihad) inner sphere tech starts surpassing clan tech in a few areas. Small cockpit, rotary autocannons, the various gyro upgrades... TSM, the special standard autocannon munitions which can be quite fun. so think of its this way... since the invasion kicked off early inner sphere gets its own bullshit tech sooner.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

yes you can clear the 5 in a single bound, jumpjets means you can move vertically and horizontally that distance, so jumpjet 5 lets you clear a 5 high building. now jumpjet out of the refinery and glory.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Glorious, kill some locusts, or smash those last buildings up north or something. that hardened building is not going to die easily, assassin keep hitting the train.

:black101: get to it you maggots. or get inside the hardened building and kill it from the inside.

Edit: I assume the shockwave does not count as damaging the home guard mechs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Because it was the secret entrance to Heimdalls Castle Brian hq.

Edit: Assassin, walk along the train, you will do stompy damage to it with every hex. then shoot the weakest part. and kick, and repeat.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 15, 2011

• Locked thread