Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'll sign up for a Mechwarrior! Also is that MegaMek campaign still up and running?

Ps you will laugh at me for saying this but i've read some Battletech stuff and the best I remember is fanfiction :( go go Soumi Warders :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

It is indeed, and still recruiting.

Oh I mean the interactive map campaign thing that you could fight over planets and such with. But this is cool too. I would apply if I had time.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I would say 1416 and 1417 and that bend is a good solid position to use during your advance, cover by trees and by hills. Sure it increases the likelyhood of headshots but... its a risk im willing to take.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
They didn't bring explosives, it was in their other pants.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So what other clans are still around? Widowmaker replaced Wolf. Are there any other major differences?

Where are my beautiful Smoke Jaguars?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Under the rules of Battletech can Death Commandos be like hiding inside houses or in the woods between our intrepid heroes and their target?

How do mines work?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
who would win a tyranid genestealer or jaime wolf in an atlas?

what im trying to say is lets just drop the wwII/wh40k discussion please.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Tempest_56 posted:

On-topic thought: Do we have hostile air support incoming, artillery, or is PTN just loving with us? Discuss.

I think its artillery. They could have hidden infantry too. I mean if our infantry can hide why can't theirs?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Will Battletech ever introduce aliens to stir things up and how do you feel about that.

Zerglings versus a Firestarter :smug:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'd still like to be a mechwarrior :( I hope you havn't stopped recruiting!

I gots the PM's!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

bunnyofdoom posted:

Okay, so now that we know that, I think I'm gonna try and have my scout sapper rescue some then.

You don't have an APC :/

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

bunnyofdoom posted:

The point is more that A, I can move the hostages away from the enemy, while boobytrapping any that follow us, and B, he gets to be a hero!

go for it!

I'm on the Capellans side anyway, especially against the ridiculous space mexicans.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

If you can resist the temptation to alpha

I always always alpha without fail.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Hob_Gadling posted:

In which situation would LB10-X outperform energy weapons of equal weight? A light mech would be better served with ER PPC and 6 medium lasers in practically all situations.

What it really comes down to though is that any mech with ammunition is worthless if you factor in flavour. Battles that last for days?

The cost efficiency of using lasers compared to LRMS and Autocannons is hilarious. You never run out of ammunition.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
As a Inner Sphere house lord I would never comission a mech with ballistic weapons, imagine how much money you would save never having to purchase ammunition? After a few years of warfare you'd be able to buy loads more energybased mechs for the money saved.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Hob_Gadling posted:

It can carry Thunder and Swarm ammo for LRM, meaning no supply convoys or ammo dumps are safe. You can fit Inferno ammunition for the SRM launcher, meaning flash fires in the fields, forests and everywhere else that can catch fire. It has exactly one energy weapon, meaning that as long as the unit still runs it's a threat to unarmed targets. Even the strange movement profile doesn't matter as much since real life doesn't run in 10-second turns. One mech with a dedicated pilot, map with targets and some imagination can cause an ungodly amount of terror and trouble.

Exactly, and that mech has only one weapon with infinite ammunition.
Cost efficiency. Lasers can start brushfires too.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
loving awesome :D

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The Grasshopper, definitely, who cares about undergunning. My playstyle is to always close to brawling range and kick the poo poo out of the other dude, relying purely on luck and medium lasers to get ahead.

edit; ok so its not part of the bug trinity.. i get that.. beause it'd just win it hands down.

I havn't seen it in action but i'd vote for the Wolf Spider. Oh that not bug enough for you? :mad:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I love Ravens.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
its worse and weighs more??

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Doesn't ECM affect radar and such? So that you could power down your mech behind a building and if they didn't have line of sight they couldn't see you?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Yes, but that only matters if you're using Double-Blind rules and TacOps sensor rules and stuff. And unless you're grognard enough to have a referee who's going to ref a game and all, or else have two identical maps in different rooms with a ref running back and forth placing sensor tokens and stuff, that's all loving irrelevant before the advent of MegaMek.

Besides, powered down works without ECM and stuff as well.

That begs the question; Why aren't we playing with double-blind rules?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I just meant that MegaMek could track all of that, but you aren't using Megamek?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So what books should I start by getting? I just realiezed I loved reading about huge robots slugging it out.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Carbolic posted:

Here is the list of 'Mechs produced in the Combine in 3025:

Stinger LAM
Panther
Dragon
Quickdraw
Charger

Here is the list of 'Mechs produced in the Taurian Concordat in 3025:

Locust (x2 factories)
Stinger (x3 factories)
Wasp (x2 factories)
Commando
Hatchetman
Griffin
Thunderbolt (x2 factories)
Archer
Warhammer (x2 factories)
Marauder (x3 factories)

Is the Taurian Concordat really that powerful 3025?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Hey Poptarts, will you gather all your revealed changes to the inner sphere somewhere for easy browsing? All I can recall is that Katrina Steiner got assassinated in your universe and that Allard guy is working for Liao.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Divot kicking a Warhammer in the head :smug:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
drat, I'm supposed to be rooting for the badguys :/

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Well they were protagonists even more then the FedSuns.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Are we the baddies?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Gothsheep posted:

You know I'm kind of surprised with all the love the Capellans get here, that there's absolutely no love for the Free Worlds League. They're consistently ranked dead last in the great houses, yet people give the Cappies all the underdog support. Why does nobody love the FWLers?

I like the FWL because they have the Soumi Warders :gay:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
For the next adventure we just got to fight the clans :D

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

Seize the Initiative (Clan): Whenever a player unit is destroyed, all Clan units automatically win initiative. Clan forces may not Seize the Initiative on two consecutive turns.

It's something they probably would do every turn in a row if they abandoned zellbriggen and you allowed it.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Zaodai posted:

I'd love to see that from a gameplay standpoint. The goon hivemind having their masterstroke turn into "Rocks fall, everyone dies."

"Clanners hotdrop, everyone dies"?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Am I right in thinking that the clans had way more jumpships and warships when they entered the war? I mean real space-battleships were rare as hell in 3025 right?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Defiance Industries posted:

Outside of ComStar's hidden fleet, the last warship in the Inner Sphere was the LCS Invincible, which was lost during the Second Succession War.

The Clans didn't use any for combat in the Invasion because they had nothing to fight against.

So basically you are all wrong, the clans could have conquered Terra and probably subjugated the successor states using only warships?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Volmarias posted:

Murdering your children slowly as you impotently fight to save them affects your morale, and makes you question whether you should really be there or not in the first place.

Maybe the Death Commandos have the wrong channel for the Calaberos? And so their demands aren't heard?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Is the enterprise Lp that good? is it a "you had to be there from the start" kind of good where you have to read every post in the thread ever to really appreciate it? Or could I just stick to PTN's posts and enjoy it?

I think I watched four or five, maybe six updates and it really didn't grab onto me. Should I try again?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Mukaikubo posted:

Frankly, the videos are secondary. I mean, yeah, they're interesting, but they get really samey, fast, mostly because... the game is really samey, really fast. The text PTN wrote is the star.

Yeah, I felt that way about the videos actually, but I also didn't pay very much attention to the text-updates. I'll give it another go based on this LP being p. awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Option: A

Justin and Romano = Sun Tzu Allard?

• Locked thread