Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I realise this is terribly late, but I'd like to stick my name onto the list of participants if you're still accepting new ones. I've got PMs, so you can reach me through those. I'm not hugely experienced, but I have played a fair bit of MegaMek before, so I'm looking forward to seeing what small-scale mech combat is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Considering that you guys are a bit a) spread out and b) not close enough to zerg rush the hovercraft without dying in a hail of gunfire, I would advocate taking it slow and luring them in. The Griffin and Blackjack can pin down their advanced units with the big guns to let the Jenner and Vulcan get in close to the hovercraft and take them out.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I think my post got missed because I didn't bold it properly, but I'd like to be a mech pilot. And I've got PMs.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Couldn't they just use the Project Phoenix designs? I know the old-school Warhammer and the rest of them are pretty iconic, but if Harmony Gold are going to consistently be huge dicks about it...

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I'm torn between the Caballeros and the Death Commandos, but I'm going to go with the others in voting G. It's good to be bad.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Axe-man posted:

for all those on the fence this is a quote from the wiki which helped me decide:

"Unofficially known the Chancellor's "storm troopers", members of the Death Commandos have very wide latitude in the the performance of their duties. For example, they are allowed, on their own authority, to summarily execute any Capellan soldier, and even members of the nobility, under certain circumstances. "

Also if we get the Death Commandos, we'll be going up against Camacho's anyway, so we'll be able to see the madness firsthand.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Gotta vote B for beastly backstabbing.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Mukaikubo posted:

I really, really do not want the players to get to play with Clan tech just yet. That is why I would not vote C. It is just too much of a big step for this early in the thread; we still barely understand how vicious their mechs really can be.

And this is the resident Clan Apologist saying this. :unsmith:

I agree with Mukaikubo on this one. And, considering that the Highlanders are one of my favourite IS regiments, I'll vote B. The Heimdall mission is really tempting, though.

edit: Also, there was no way Caesar wasn't going to get captured trying to get bondsmen free, especially in our first encounter with the Clans.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, seeing as voting for the Highlanders is panning out to be pretty futile, I'll switch my vote from B to D.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Xmas Future posted:

I thought I remembered something about Freeborn clanners drinking some kind of moonshine. I think it was in the Jade Phoenix trilogy.

Fusionnaires. I can't believe I know this.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Time to play with fun toys. And phones.

ComGuards

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I would suggest leaving it as it is now, for the reasons W.T. Fits suggested. The Hunchie is dead; you're not. There's no telling what might happen if the whole shooting got a do-over.

edit: or even if the Clan shooting got a do-over.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Brilliant.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Why does F5 (Piranha 2) have its back to the enemy :confused:

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

There's a time for scheming and a time for striking and Hanse Davion should know which one this is. It has to be G. If the Combine are going to effectively declare a ceasefire to focus on some weird-rear end Periphery invaders, then it only makes sense to divert troops into the Capellan March and kick seven shades of poo poo out of the Liao.

Plus, anything that makes it more likely for Justin to rise to power at Max's expense is alright by me.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

gently caress yeah Rasalhague let's do this A.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I can't believe there were that many head hits and no criticals/pilot kills. Madness.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I've got to vote for Keru's Crusader. When someone in the thread mentioned refitting a Crusader - it might even have been Keru himself - I thought it'd be a perfect fit and the actual design really holds up.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Rasalhague MVP: Marauder
Clan MVP: Thunderchild

The Marauder had staying power throughout the fight and scored a few vital kills, while as a few others have noted, the Thunderchild singlehandedly killed one of the most dangerous Rasalhague mechs in the Grand Dragon and took out the Long Tom.

Also, love the Kingfisher. Autocannons are one of my favourite weapons and the LBX/Ultra combo is fantastically deadly.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I would just like to throw in my vote (albeit highly delayed) for C. I'm tired of the Clans. Let's teach those Space Chinese a lesson!

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

An Orion AND an Awesome, and not one, not two, but THREE Urbanmechs to eat? Love it.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Did someone call?

Is there a preferred way of getting in touch with the rest of goonlance so I can figure out what we're doing?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Did some consulting in IRC and my orders are in! Let's get this thing rolling!

Also, to the rest of goonlance, I can't get a shot on the Raven so I've just moved up all standard-like.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

He's probably going to try and run for it, but he can't jump. I'm going to move southwest to cut him off, you and the Ostsol should move south to pressure him into moving towards me. Don't know what the Awesome's plan is but it should only take one good shot.

Yep, I've moved directly south. If he makes a run for it, I'll have a shot next turn.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I'm thinking of reversing to 1106 to take shots at the Raven's side armour, since it'll keep me partially covered from the other angles. Should we use one of our breaks in the weather to ensure that we get a kill this turn?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Okay, my orders are in. I'm moving to 1106 and opening up with the lasers + SRM.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guys, think this one through a little. How often has PTN served the players a light mech on a silver platter like that? Maybe all of you shouldn't shoot at it? Investigate the area a bit.

At the same time, we can't afford to let it live long enough for its friends with missiles to move up and fire. Next turn the Hermes and Mongoose are going to be on top of us with the Urbanmechs looking to snipe over the water and pin us down.

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 11, 2011

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

quote /= edit

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Are we supposed to send physical attack orders in the same message as firing orders?

I assume yes since the subject line covers the entire turn.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Battletech! :argh:

Anyways, next turn:
The reason why the Hermes is a thousand-times better than the Hermes II

PTN's teasers are not nearly as fun when you're one of the players :C

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I'm going to go after the Raven and finish it off, given that the mission objective is to destroy all enemy mechs though, and if it withdraws we could be having to hunt it all over the map. It probably means that the Urbanmech is going to take some potshots at me with the Gauss rifle though.

I'm thinking moving to 1007 and giving it the lasers and SRM again. Thoughts?

edit: the rest of the lance should totally go after the Hermes and Mongoose but if the Ostroc moves southwest a few steps to 0806 before firing we can have a pretty decent firing line without any of us getting too strung out.

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 13, 2011

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, 1007 also gives me a good shot at the Mongoose, so I'll give it the PPC/laser treatment (hopefully backed up by ActionZero) and you and Canopus go for the Hermes?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Ok, I'm going to move up to the Raven, kick it, and PPC the Urbie. I still think the best move for the Ostroc is 0806 or 0807, though, so we can cover each other's backs.

edit: orders are in

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 13, 2011

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Canopus250 posted:

I'll be going for the Hermes then.

Edit: Orders sent

I went after the Urbanmech/G instead of the Mongoose, just fyi. Hopefully ActionZero will put some shots on the Mongoose still.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

GhostStalker posted:

Someone please make this?

:pseudo: ?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Also, the Gladiator might want to consider jumping across to deal with that Urbie lining up shots at us next turn.

I've taken a couple shots at it in this turn, next turn I'll look to see about jumping the channel. We don't want to get too strung out though.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I forgot to account for the movement cost of turning so what I thought was a walk turned out not to be at all =/

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Ok, my orders are in. I've done what PTN's suggested and climbed out to 1009, and I'm returning fire at the Urbie. Sorry about this guys :(

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

I've always loved that it has either the world's biggest Small Pulse Laser or an Ultra Gausscannon. It's a good-looking design anyways.

Apparently the dorsal gun is in fact an Ultra Gausscannon, Sarna says that both Gauss Rifles fire through it.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

In your fluff for the update it should be Janos, not Joshua, who's being addressed, I think.

Also, I'm for jumping that gap and getting up close and personal with the Urbie. The way the Awesome has been surrounded is pretty worrying, though.

edit: wait, Defiance probably got the Gauss Rifle? I still think it's worth jumping just to put the Bombardier and Whitworth under pressure, but it might be more practical in that case to clear our side of the lights first. Thoughts?

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Ok, I'm thinking of jumping to 0914 and taking on the Whitworth, which will put me inside the Gauss's minimum range and allow the Orion to go after the Urbanmech, while the Ostroc and Awesome can deal with the lights. Does that make sense?

• Locked thread