Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there any reason to buy Juice Defender if I have Tasker? Can Tasker emulate most of the battery saving stuff from JD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Quick syntax question. I have a simple task that says:

Wifi connected > my SSID > mobile data off

Do I need an exit task that turns it back on or will that rule work as is?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Brightman posted:

I suppose you could make the widget toggle airport mode and then toggle the profile, so it'd turn airport mode on, then the profile would wait and go about its business. Click it again and it'll turn airport mode off as long as you're not in that minute window again, and then toggle the profile off. This might work.

Might be easiest to just make a toggle for a profile for the airport toggling task and put it next to an airport toggle button. I think you can do this with WidgetSoid. Or someone else will think of something better.
The option to turn on 4G/Wifi antennas every 15/30/60 etc minutes for a background update is built into Juice Defender if you're really in need of it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Does anyone know if Tasker will complete an exit task if the phone has been rebooted since the entry task?

For example if I have

code:
From 0:00 to 08:00  
   > Bluetooth Off  
   < Bluetooth On

From 06:00
   > Reboot
Would it turn Bluetooth back on?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm trying to set up a profile on my Transformer that will put it in Airplane Mode between 00:00 and 6:00 every day, 8:30 to 16:30 on weekdays, but turns off if the screen comes on. What's the most efficient way to pull this off?
Ok I will try to communicate mine

code:
From 0:55 Till 6:00
 > Airplane Mode
   - Airplane Mode set ON
   - Variable Set %AIRMODE to 1
 < Airplane Mode

Display Unlocked
 > If Air
   - Airplane Mode set OFF
   - If %AIRMODE=1

Display Off
 > If Air 2
   - Airplane Mode set ON
   - If %AIRMODE=1
Basically at night I set a variable to 1, and if the screen is unlocked while that variable is 1, it turns off airplane mode. When the screen returns to off, if the variable is still 1, turn back on airplane mode.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

berzerker posted:

That's what mine was before I installed the other program. That same thing doesn't work anymore. I think somehow my phone just doesn't understand what music app should be receiving media buttons.
You can use an app called Autostarts to control which apps are allowed to respond to the media button.

• Locked thread