Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jensen
Jun 4, 2006
So I have an exit task on a WiFi connect action to kill an app. If I turn wifi off on the phone the exit task properly fires. However, when I just go out of range of the WiFi signal the exit task doesn't seem to fire. Any ideas team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006
Yes, think of it more like a tinfoil hat setting than a battery saver setting.

The funny thing though is that most of the "SPY ON ME" stuff that is anonymously sent to google doesn't use satellite gps anyway, it just uses network based location.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006

brc64 posted:

I do have a question about coarse location as it pertains to Android applications. How accurate is it? I've seen various levels of accuracy with GPS off, the most accurate being pretty drat accurate with a combination of network and wifi locations. Does the coarse location permission give them the most accurate result the phone can get at the time?

Yes. Course is everything that is not GPS (satellites). Wifi does get included in course.

• Locked thread