Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I am putting together my first home theater and, while I am much less lost than I was a week ago, I still want to make sure that I am doing this right. Before I go buy the components, my connections are basically going to be

code:
Media PC
	   \		 - TV
Xbox	   -- Receiver -<
	   /             - Speakers
Cable box 
With everything (but the speakers) being connected through HDMI, is that the gist of it? I feel so worthless on this and didn't even know HDMI carried audio until a few days ago, but is this basically the configuration I want to run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
That makes me feel a lot better - thanks. I'm not even being cute when I say that until a few days ago, I thought receivers were still just for audio. It took me a lot of googling with the question "well what do you connect the bloody video to?" to figure out that it's not 1994 anymore.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Wow, I didn't realize all these home theater in a box setups would be so useless as far as inputs go. 1 HDMI input, yes, because no one has ever owned a video game console.

Suggestions for a <$600, 4 (or more) HDMI input, home theater in a box?