Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmutAnEggs
Jan 1, 2006
I went out and listened to some speaker choices!
a.) The Pioneer fronts that were recommend in the thread sounded muddy/low to me. I didn't like the sound.
b.) I listened to the following kilpsch RF82II, RF62II, and WF-35, VF-35, KF-28, KF-26. Sounded okay, the highs were nice.
c.) Polk RTi A5, RTi A7, TSi400. I really liked the mid-range sound on the RTi A7
d.) Paradigm Monitor 7, 9. These are really nice sounding me, the Monitor 9's are very nice.

1.) I like the two bass speakers on the floor speakers, just more full bass sound. Is there any other options I should look at for those? Would I even need a sub with this setup?

2.) How much better sounding are the paradigm studio 100 compared to the signature and monitor lines?

3.) I'll mostly being using 5.1 setup for movies. Very little music listening. Is it worth getting into studio 100 price range?

4.) What center speakers would match up with the Paradigm monitor 7,9 and Studio 100?

5.) I see that new versions of the paradigm speakers are released, is there a huge jump in quality between all the different versions?

6.) For surround/rear is bi-directional better? Or are regular bookshelves just as good?

7.) How do Marantz receivers compare to the Pioneer, Denon? Better quality or really just paying for the brand name?

8.) I was price quoted on monitor 9 pair for $1200, I believe their this years line? Is that to high?

I should of just bought the Pioneer 5.1 system suggested without listening to anything. I would have never known how anything sounds and been happy with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmutAnEggs
Jan 1, 2006
I was able to find a closeout deal on Paradigm's Monitor 7 v6 fronts, Atom v6 rears, and a CC-190 center.

1.) Where is the best place to purcahse your speaker stands from? I'm looking between a 24-30in stand for the Atoms. The Paradigm official stands run about $150, wondering if their is a better option out there? The Atoms dimensions are (HxWxD) (10.9x6.49x10.15)

2.) I was looking at the HSU VTF2, Outlaw LFM-1 EX for my sub are their any other subs that I should look into?

3.) A Denon-1912 receiver should be able to handle/power all of this no problem?

SmutAnEggs
Jan 1, 2006
J&R has the PSW505 sub-woofer on sale for $169.99.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3615464

I was hoping that the outlaw subs would have a black friday deal, but the didn't. I'm probably going to jump on this deal. Is this an okay sub to pair with paradigm monitor 7s and Atoms?