Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

henkman posted:

Oh Piers Anthony, you weird bastard.

I'll assume that bad scifi covers are allowed too, because who thought this was a good idea?

VVV It's true. If you write scifi/fantasy, there's even chances on whether you'll get a classy cover or a monstrosity. The publishing house has final say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Hermaphrodite posted:

I think I read this in English many years ago. Did they discover other people living outside, and did the one kid's brother start growing hair due to exposure to their father's "rays"?

edit: I see it was released in English as "The City Underground"

:raise: The weird thing is I read this in french as a kid and it was called Surréal 3000. Did the title get changed at some point?

Speaking of which, apparently future people don't wear pants.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

You know, for a long time I remember hearing derisive references to "tentpeg rape" with regards to writing, specifically to describe the situations where somebody is turned straight/gay by having sex with whichever gender they weren't attracted to before and realizing it was ~*what they'd really wanted all along*~ because of their partner's magical healing cock and/or vagina.

I never knew where that came from. So, uh, thanks for that. I guess. Back on topic-

Don't worry, ma'am! I'll protect you from hoverbear.

:psyduck: