Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
He sure does :cool: behold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSoIwONE5aw bonus these highlights are set to the RAW theme! not the good one, the one about how I wanna be loved, waaaa-oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Critical posted:

Name a Heavyweight Champion now.

Vitali Klitscho. And his brother. For any other champion, Andre Ward.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh Em Gee posted:

Honestly I think fans of prowrestling would love Pride ERA fights. It's practically pro-wrestling but real.

it can't hurt that the face of the promotion is a Professional Wrestler

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Grifter posted:

Armbar

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

for Japanese MMA there is also THE OUTSIDER, which is just a front for Yakuza and bikers to brawl. it is unfortunately tough to find online :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

Master Thonglor is the flamboyant Muay Thai coach for Team Alpha Male, a fight team composed entirely of tiny So-Cal bros.

NOR CAL BROS, DAMMIT

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

they could have, but a lot of the workers were children and kids have gently caress all an idea what to do with money and would've wasted it all on pinwheels and rock candy or whatever so it's best the owners kept hold of it for safe keeping.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

you misspelled worlds greatest dad of ever

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

it combines two of the greatest things in MMA, hugging and a takedown, to create an even greater thing, ground hugging :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

determining who has the best 'pedigree' is a fickle topic and in my opinion you're best off just saying 'there's a bunch of really high level dudes who have won a lot of prestigious events.' you have different styles of wrestling at the Olympic level (well, two of them, hopefully Funk Wrestling is added soon) and while Coleman is as far as I know the freestyle wrestler who placed the highest, Matt Lindland won a silver medal at the 2000 games in Greco Roman. I don't think that means that one of them has a better pedigree than the other based on a medal or that the aggregate of their amateur careers could determine that, they're both really good and competed at the highest levels in different styles. Off the top of my head Chael Sonnen was an Olympic alternate and Joe Warren would've competed in 2008 but he popped for marijuana because he is Joe Warren and gives no fucks. I'm likely forgetting some people.

Arona winning the ADCC absolute class means yeah, the guy is a loving phenomenal submission grappler, but is that better than Werdum because Werdum just won his weight class, albeit twice? how does the ADCC stack up against the Mundials or other international BJJ competition for gauging where BJJ players stack up against each other pedigree wise? Cassio Werneck has won a ton of international competitions with Jiu-Jitsu in the name but only fought in MMA twice, there's other guys who smash competitions but haven't fought MMA much, should they go in front of guys who have won less stuff but have more fights?

Roger Gracie has definitely Run poo poo when it comes to competition though, but again there are just a ton of highly decorated guys in wrestling and BJJ so trying to pinpoint best credentials when, especially with wrestling, they come from different styles and levels of competition before jumping into MMA that I think it's more headache than it's worth to go past 'There's a ton of really good dudes and they can all kick my rear end'

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 19, 2011

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I think a better question is what high level amateur wrestler has the least child like balls or which Brazilian grappler has the best excuses

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

answer: this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnsQSRVZno and either of one these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzBb2xQZ4O0

Nog getting run over was an inspirational source of strength though, the guy never used it as an excuse, like 'I got jungle fever chasing a rogue pitbull through the Amazon so yeah' or 'I kind of had roofie withdrawals and Jesus made passes at me in the cage'

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

jokes.jpg

did you look sad when you posted that?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

just learn to wrestle so if you get into a fight you can hold another man next to you tightly, that's all your attacker really wants anyhow

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

The only thing missing from that was the Benny Hill theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEh8RJ2Bd8&feature=related

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

not really no

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

"Lay and pray" is a term invented by whiny TMA types who never learned how to wrestle and who get dominated by wrestlers.

Stephen Quadros - dominated by wrestlers

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Haraksha posted:

I thought "Decision Dan" had more to do with him being gifted decisions he really didn't deserve to win than it did with a boring style?

it did

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Elemennop posted:

well what way do you want to measure it? because i'm pretty sure fighters have a higher year round injury rate than prowrestlers, but i don't follow prowrestling. so i very well may be ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOa7uxWeBNY that man is a pro wrestler and he's dead, you dick

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

heeebrew posted:

I have no idea how wrestling is more popular than MMA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yc9FXJT8HE

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

for Barry and Lawlor just do the reverse

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

That kind of side kicking to the knee he does and that front on heel kick to the knee if more of a korean or kyokushin thing than it is a Muay Thai thing.

confirmed, i did Tae Kwon Doe when i was a little kid and they taught us this to maim someone because if we didn't we'd be getting beat down really bad because Tae Kwon Doe Doesn't Work (see Shogun v Jones)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

he also brought questions about girl juices and such to the forums. a dark time

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

they ran out of xengery

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

know who didn't cut weight? frankie edgar. look how he turned out

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Notably including commentators, referees and judges

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Muttonchips posted:

Sure have! I actually have an annual Fight Pass membership, and have watched most of the fights on there (I tend to fast forward through the boring matches though and there are a LOT of those early on). Funny enough, pre-Zuffa UFC marketed themselves by claiming to have no rules which was a complete lie- they DID have rules in place, like no eye gouging. I can understand why they had to change the rules, but having rules and weight classes does take away from the unpredictability and excitement of the sport IMHO.

I have considered taking a few distance learning courses being offered by the Gracie Academy to get the basics, but I have no aspirations of partaking in combat sports. My weight should not and will not be an issue here nor will it be discussed any further. Any future reference to my weight will simply be ignored. You have been warned.

To help us give you some better suggestions, which criteria are you looking for? A back and forth slug fest? A grappling showcase? Announcers getting excited? If you're looking for announcers getting excited, I suggest you look up the video clip of Joe Rogan narrating a mishap by one of the corners in which they accidentally split open a bag of ice.

Also, origami as I've said before I have Fight Pass membership and I have seen the match where Joe Son gets punched repeatedly in the balls over and over again.

reported for trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

road fc has been running an open weight tournament with a very fat sumo baby man, hong man choi, bob sapp, mighty mo, a giant korean boxer guy. the final is hong man choi vs mighty mo somehow and takes place in 3 weeks in korea.

they also signed peter aerts and jerome lebanner, who will have a combined age of 90, for their tournament next year.

there's also the moat fight organisation ganryujima which is basically the ufc 1 version of the super hulk tournament

is this the same Very Fat Sumo Baby from moat fights who couldn't stop attacking his opponent during designated don't do that times?