Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

RBX posted:

Everything about this is magical.

http://youtu.be/D_SaLDT6H3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eA1ZrmdmoA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Crooow! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6kNcoM1qOQ

Meanwhile, a much less offensive angle.

"You all are a bunch of rednecks, you probably have people in sheets walking up to your door all the time" :lol:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Del Raminos posted:

Steiner Brothers' 2008 return to NJPW, or The Orient if you're Tenay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WkNBMYX6HA

Man, there's an awful lot of space on that floor.

Also:

RBX posted:

Everything about this is magical.

http://youtu.be/D_SaLDT6H3U

That shot with Cornette, Russo & Kevin Dunn on screen at the same time is amazing for many reasons.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 25, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dsriggs posted:

That shot with Cornette, Russo & Kevin Dunn on screen at the same time is amazing for many reasons.
Because Jim isn't trying to bludgeon the other two to death with his tennis racquet?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFSRhWtBsco
I love the Candice and Ryan show since it gives you a behind the scenes look at stuff at PWG

Holy poo poo I am all about a Gucci fanny pack.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://youtu.be/ur6IRIDtaIM

Flair vs Funk, AJPW 2/3 falls 1981. The quality is a bit sketchy but holy gently caress that crowd is bonkers.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 28, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'm posting this video more for the title than anything: new jack doing promos for gangsta matches in ku klux klan infested kentucky billbilly communities

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

He may have not been the best wrestler, but god drat I was a fan of New Jack the moment I first saw him.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

The best part is the message on the screen during their promo "The views of the gangstas are not those of smoky mountain and this station".

New OSW Review episode is up for Hell in a Cell 2014/the following Raw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VworR7XOvo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The best part is the message on the screen during their promo "The views of the gangstas are not those of smoky mountain and this station".

New OSW Review episode is up for Hell in a Cell 2014/the following Raw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VworR7XOvo

I feel like what the OSW guys consider a "good match" is two guys doing tie-ups for ten minutes, one finisher, and a pin. The main was fine aside from the finish.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

New WWE Films holiday release may actually kill me with its badness.

It won't have Jake Lloyd in it, so I guess that's a step up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm pretty sure the best part was them playing Ice-T's New Jack Hustler on TV in Kentucky and beeping out all the curse words but leaving in the niggas.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gavok posted:

New WWE Films holiday release may actually kill me with its badness.

It won't have Jake Lloyd in it, so I guess that's a step up.

They should make Santa's Slay 2

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

A good but awful Halloween video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC8B4gFACIs

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSB0l0hjHng
Bruno Sammartino cuts a god drat awesome promo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Don't know if this was posted yet, but here's the trailer for Mick Foley's I Am Santa Claus movie. I'm watching the screener right now and it's pretty ridiculous.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fauxhawk Express posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSB0l0hjHng
Bruno Sammartino cuts a god drat awesome promo.

"You're going to fall to the bottom so hard there won't even be a spot left." and "I'm going to blow your mind, you're going to say 'My God, where did he get this power." are two of the most bad rear end lines ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Don't know if this was posted yet, but here's the trailer for Mick Foley's I Am Santa Claus movie. I'm watching the screener right now and it's pretty ridiculous.

Good ridiculous or bad ridiculous?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Good ridiculous or bad ridiculous?

Good ridiculous, though in the end, it's not the most interesting documentary. Only one of the Santas has an actual story to tell while the rest are just doing whatever and Foley's part appears tacked on for the sake of getting people to care about the whole thing. They try to distract you from the fact that nothing is happening by showing some really weird and hilarious segments.

But the true highlight of the movie is when the one depressing Santa tells the story about how he lost his job, couldn't get hired anywhere due to his age, lost his house and had to move into his daughter's basement. This is all shown via Rankin Bass-style stop-motion animation, including the Heatmiser burning down his house.

The BBQ Santa guy (who legally changed his name to Santa Claus) comes off as the nicest, coolest, most genuine dude and brightens up any scene he's in. He makes it worth watching because he's so drat likeable.

In terms of wrestler appearances, we get talking head segments of Blue Meanie, Jerry Lawler and Tommy Dreamer, while there's an amazing moment of Foley hanging out with Piper at a horror convention.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Good ridiculous, though in the end, it's not the most interesting documentary. Only one of the Santas has an actual story to tell while the rest are just doing whatever and Foley's part appears tacked on for the sake of getting people to care about the whole thing. They try to distract you from the fact that nothing is happening by showing some really weird and hilarious segments.

But the true highlight of the movie is when the one depressing Santa tells the story about how he lost his job, couldn't get hired anywhere due to his age, lost his house and had to move into his daughter's basement. This is all shown via Rankin Bass-style stop-motion animation, including the Heatmiser burning down his house.

The BBQ Santa guy (who legally changed his name to Santa Claus) comes off as the nicest, coolest, most genuine dude and brightens up any scene he's in. He makes it worth watching because he's so drat likeable.

In terms of wrestler appearances, we get talking head segments of Blue Meanie, Jerry Lawler and Tommy Dreamer, while there's an amazing moment of Foley hanging out with Piper at a horror convention.

Sounds like a Netflix watch to me! Mick is so eminently likable I'll probably enjoy it.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

For the title? Jesus! Not knocking anything but those are some amazingly hot promos. I heard the stories, but it really is amazing New Jack made it out of there alive, and I had no idea he could cut ringleader promos like that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

King Bahamut posted:

For the title? Jesus! Not knocking anything but those are some amazingly hot promos. I heard the stories, but it really is amazing New Jack made it out of there alive, and I had no idea he could cut ringleader promos like that

I think New Jack made it out alive because buying New Jack as a crazed violent man is not that hard. Also, promos are his one marketable skill.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You forgot his willingness to injure other people for money.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

He has a very particular set of skills, most of which involve stabbing people, throwing them off high ledges, or talking into a microphone.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Let's be fair; he's nearly equally willing to injure himself for money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Let's be fair; he's nearly equally willing to injure himself for money.

And on occasion no money/drugs.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think New Jack made it out alive because buying New Jack as a crazed violent man is not that hard. Also, promos are his one marketable skill.

He's great on the stick and he's always had "it."

Presence, aura, whatever, something unspoken about that crazy motherfucker is just mesmerizing.

If he just had the psychology and the basics down better he'd be the good kind of legend, not the "never work with this guy," type of legend.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I remember I interviewed some garbage wrestler that ran a local indie for one of my city's papers.

The guy explained that it never clicked for him until he worked with New Jack. New Jack brought him to "the light." The light being that he didn't have to do anything except for bleed and hit people with weapons.

I wanted to shake some sense into the dude, but it wasn't my place to reason with the guy. I just like wrestling and had an excuse to write a feature about it.

Being some poor fucker who bleeds for crowds of twelve people at the age of 45 shouldn't really be a life goal. The thought of someone riding the coattails of having one match with New Jack boggled my mind.

I guess if you aim low enough it's hard to disappoint yourself.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Welp, the business just got exposed.

http://www.theonion.com/video/controversial-tellall-book-reveals-wrestling-fans,14185/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Recently, Chikara ended one of their shows with the most over-the-top comic book poo poo ever and the video package of it on YouTube makes it even more ridiculous. The screaming children is a nice touch.

The backstory is that the company is feuding with a huge heel stable called the Flood, run by Jimmy Jacobs and Deucalion. Deucalion is a Bane-looking final end boss figure who has yet to actually wrestle. Since May, all he's done is show up and kayfabe murder people with his choke-breaker. A mini stable of rookies named the Green Horn Militia decided it would be a great idea to call him out.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Gavok, help.
I have no loving clue what's going on in this video. I'm assuming Dasher was talking to the other personality of...Deucalion ( how do you even pronounce that?) and that's why they included that clip. I only recognize Equinox because of the Create-A-Costume Contest, but everyone else is confusing the poo poo out of me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

WeX Majors posted:

Gavok, help.
I have no loving clue what's going on in this video. I'm assuming Dasher was talking to the other personality of...Deucalion ( how do you even pronounce that?) and that's why they included that clip. I only recognize Equinox because of the Create-A-Costume Contest, but everyone else is confusing the poo poo out of me.

Du-cal-eon

Dasher is talking to Create-a-Wrestler. Kid Cyclone, Create-a-Wrestler and Equinox are three rookies calling themselve the Green Horn Militia. They decided it would be a great idea to call out Chikara's big bad and when he doesn't show, they call him a coward. Hallowicked, one of the veterans, shows up to tell them to back off because what they're doing is a very bad idea.

They attack Deucalion later anyway and even all together, he just shrugs them off and only loses his mask. Then he "murders" Create-a-Wrestler and Equinox with his choke-breaker while Jacobs makes Kid Cyclone watch. That clip is shown of Dasher telling Create-a-Wrestler (Dasher had that gimmick years ago) that he has quite the future if he keeps fighting, only to cut to Create-a-Wrestler being killed.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
OH!No wonder I was confused, I was all like "didn't Create A Wrestler exist ages ago?" and then somehow forgot it was Dasher. So the mask reveal, we're still not supposed to know who it is right?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

WeX Majors posted:

OH!No wonder I was confused, I was all like "didn't Create A Wrestler exist ages ago?" and then somehow forgot it was Dasher. So the mask reveal, we're still not supposed to know who it is right?

Yeah, he isn't anyone major at the very least.

The most likely piece of speculation I've seen is that he's this low-level ROH guy who retired like 8 years ago, but was tight with Kingston, so he probably convinced him to come back for this. Can't remember his name, though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Does anyone have a link to that insane hour long Velvet Skye fanfiction video thing involving her twin sister Talia and lots of spanking and murder?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Writer Cath posted:

Does anyone have a link to that insane hour long Velvet Skye fanfiction video thing involving her twin sister Talia and lots of spanking and murder?

we watched this again like a month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLUphESX2g

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I was talking this up in the Chikara thread, but somebody uploaded it onto YouTube, so you can watch it and stuff.

Atomicos Ridiculoso from the latest Chikara show.

The basic idea is that it's an 8-man tag where they took four tag teams and split them apart. This is most of the match, so it'll probably be taken down soon enough.

The whole thing is a pretty great comedy match, but at the very least watch the first 3 and a half minutes. It's the hardest I've laughed at a wrestling match in years.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 13, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
A Short Documentary about Intergender Wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQTA5TAcwA

I thought this was pretty well done.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Gavok posted:

Atomicos Ridiculoso from the latest Chikara show.

The whole thing is a pretty great comedy match, It's the hardest I've laughed at a wrestling match in years.

Chikara is the best loving wrestling promotion.

ALSO! Holy gently caress, can we talk about that Documentary? I never realized how much this really bugs me.
It's Pro Wrestling. It's "Fake". The guy isn't actually fighting the girl. Why the gently caress do we have such a huge hang up about this?

Sara Del Ray did some of her best poo poo when she would just get to wrestle the men.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPf7eA_rv4o

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Didn't someone end up with an erection after wrestling Sara in RoH?

• Locked thread