Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Someone was willing to hire Ian Rotten?

Think outside the bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Zack Ryder's latest escapades.

I really, really, really, really hope somebody takes notice of this. And not in the way that would get Zack fired.

Even if a person disagrees that WWE and UFC have much in common they have to agree that WWE can learn from UFC in embracing their talent doing stuff like this. Jorge Rivera has been making wacky videos for his fights to hype them up and UFC responded by putting him in a semi main event because they knew he'd talk it up. No one is going to pay a single thought to Ryder because of these videos. If a guy has a great idea and it is getting attention let him loving run with it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JPrime posted:

Oh, God, the ball punches in the last one. :gonk:

Keith Hackney is a master of the world's crappiest martial art so that is pretty much the only effective strike he could throw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"I lost of course!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mikey is also a physical wreck and in a lot of pain. I doubt he's been able to work out much since last summer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBstw8dz-Ok

Z! True Long Island Story 10

That was awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PoO3 posted:

there was a video posted a while back where i think it was bryan alvarez..? is trying to review these old-school vignettes for a tag team debuting back in the 70's or 80's and the guys are doing all sorts of hillariously ambiguous stuff like riding horses together and swimming in pools in manthongs and basically doing alot of homoerotic stuff, and he can't even describe what's going on because he's laughing too hard. does else anyone know what i'm talking about?

New Generation wasn't just a WWF era!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Speaking of things F4W-related, was 'Jumpin' Jeff Farmer the same Jeff Farmer who played Fake-Sting?

Nope, it was a different guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That Cano call was the greatest thing I have ever seen. Ryder is amazing, Stanford is amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HowToWrestle

"We're professionals in a real ring"

***Do not attempt this move unless you are in a real pro wrestling ring, and have been trained by a professional. Otherwise, you could easily be injured. This video is meant for reference only, and is not intended to replace real pro wrestling training.--

:ohdear:

The Gracie Breakdown of the back yard scene.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrMondayNight posted:

Warrior is a sack of poo poo too. gently caress that guy.

Warrior has horrible opinions but I think by being anti-gay and the Ultimate Warrior he may have shamed some on the fence homophobes into being less homophobic. Do you really want to share a worldview with a joke from your childhood?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DMPunk posted:

Show me a BAD Sara Del Rey match. I dare you.

She had a couple on ROH TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DMPunk posted:

I've a few of her ROH on HDNet matches and they seemed fine, just kinds short.

She faced a lot of green girls and one of her matches was just atrocious as the other girl botched everything. I think it ended with Sara missing a move although that was probably the other girl being out of position or something. I just remember thinking "Well, I guess she can have bad matches..."

Her best match of course was against Ernie Osiris at a random ROH show in NJ.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

warbrides posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIlClNkzs6Q

new botchamania.

I really hope that plug at the start was a joke. If he's actually getting money for this he's opening up a big can of worms. For profit copyright infringement is not a good idea.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

I would totally go wearing a mask the entire time to hide my identity, just for Officer Colt Cabana and to see how much of a train wreck Piper vs. Funk ends up being.

Your precious dignity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sionistic posted:

What the gently caress, how does this not kill someone? An inverted GTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ighLK25cUOA&NR=1

By way of completely whiffing it on everyone not named Kobashi.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
New TV spot for Money in the Bank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZckewEhcaE

NO BUYS.

Seriously this is the worst ad in wrestling history. 0 buys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The comments on this video are the loving worst, why do I even read comments on wrestling-related videos on Youtube anymore?

Because sometimes a wrestling video has awesome comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In case you are one of the three people who doesn't watch NWA Mountain State Wrestling you should watch the first minute of this week's show very closely: http://youtu.be/Q0vrbxsHqCs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
His opponent was given a $70K bonus for ending the fight quickly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

George Kaplan posted:

Why is everyone saying Dayna is being homophobic then? Surely that's just bad fighting practice, like showing up to a fight with nipple rings or something! I'd be mad too!

It's just an easy joke since Dana became a bit infamous for using the word "human being" a couple years ago. Which is a shame since before then he had actually worked to promote UFC to the gay demo and is pretty clearly not a homophobe. I hate to see a guy lose his job over something that was hilarious, but the potential for a worse slip really puts UFC and especially his opponent in a bad spot. Homophone or not, most people do not want someone else's genitals popping out and rubbing all over them while you are in their guard... or as they go for a triangle.

I know Dana said he won't fire him over that specifically, but it would be justified.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was surprised to see this today: A Pampero Firpo promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1yXuT1d79c]

Pampero Firpo had a wildman gimmick in the 60s and 70s and very little footage of him is circulating. Pretty cool promo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Bischoff is a hack piece of poo poo but it bit Ross in the rear end. Sometimes it does good to be nice to your subordinates so they treat you the same in the future. And seeing as DDP was one of the few nice guys to Bischoff when Bischoff was a nobody, you can see how it would have helped Ross to not gently caress with him so much.

How exactly did it bite Jim Ross in the rear end? Ross was sacked from his WCW positions because he was Bill Watts' #2 and they wanted him gone from the office and as the face of the company's TV. This gave him the contract breach to go to the WWF and announce it on the WCW sponsored radio show that WCW was too stupid to remove him from. Bischoff's personal hatred of Ross had nothing to do with Ross being fired. The only possible way it hosed him was WCW had no interest in him the first time Vince fired him, but in the end it worked out way better for him because he ended up with actual power in the WWF and never would have any in WCW due to his past.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

EDDIE MOTHERFUCKING GUERRERO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HZZIsCO4c&feature=related

Edit: This probably doubles as the finest moment of Michael Cole's career, too.

Sometimes I forget just how roided out Eddy was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Wasn't it HGH late in his career? He just looked so bloated and like parts of his body were getting bigger that shouldn't have.

It may have been, I forget what he was getting from Signature Pharmacy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

P. Gordon Diddy posted:

Can we all agree that Dreamer sucks forever

I can.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Glitterbomber posted:

So apparently I'm missing out big by not seeing Daniel Bryan's RoH work and such. So, since I only know him as 'the dude who has a couple of neat matches but mostly gets squashed' in WWE, can someone provide me with some of his more classic matches? I really do like submission dudes and all and I want to like him just given how pumped so many people are for him, I just have zero frame of reference other then WWE for the dude.

His best ROH match to watch given his current standing in WWE would be Bryan Danielson vs Takeshi Morishima from ROH Manhattan Mayhem II. All of their rematches are gold as well, especially their Fight Without Honor blowoff. It is a classic series of Underdog vs Monster matches.

His other classic ROH matches are:

Vs Nigel McGuinness at Unified and Driven
Vs KENTA at Glory By Honor V Night 2
Vs Paul London at the Epic Encounter
Vs Chris Daniels and Low Ki at the Era of Honor Begins
Vs Homicide at Final Battle 2006
Vs Roderick Strong at Vendetta and Supercard of Honor
Vs Samoa Joe at Midnight Express Reunion and Fight of the Century

There are more but those really stand out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Is it weird that I never liked Danielson/Homicide matches? I mean, I loved the story they told that ended with 'Cide winning the title, and I like both guys, but I just never felt their chemistry in the ring.

I thought their Best of 5 series mostly stunk (except the cage match and the 100 rotation airplane spin) but I liked their first match in 2004, their match at Destiny and loved the Final Battle match. They don't exactly have chemistry, but they make it work with the right story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Adrenaline is tricky.

Mr. Corgan, you have a song called "Bring The Light" so why were you unable to do this for your wrestling promotion?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Christian Dinosaur posted:

http://youtu.be/1BBbWk_oXBk?t=53s

Bryce's reactions to every move during the 4 way tag are awesome, everytime I see one I hear Chris Berman going WOOP

I didn't think you could magnify my distaste for Bryce, but bringing Chris Berman into the equation might do it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

Speaking of COLT, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmcKajvw-c

That looks awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Maybe Shittats McRoidgut was a jerk backstage or something.

Who?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sionistic posted:

I hope India never gets smarks

It wouldn't matter, the crowd has a lot of plants in it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

God I hope that's still coming on the weekly Nitros. :aaa:

Unfortunately that happened well before where we are now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dschingis Khan posted:

You know what, I hate on this move ALL the time for being illogical/impossible to do realistically, but if you do it like this it actually kinda makes sense.

The running version kind of does too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nut Bunnies posted:

That's an all-time great Botchamania. Amazing, considering I thought he was pretty much finished a year or so ago.

I guess I need to watch the rest. I shut it off after 7 minutes because it was one of the worst I've seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DMPunk posted:

After the Reading CHIKARA show, some people were going around filming Botchamania intros. Dasher, Gavin, Bryce, and Steve the Turtle all filmed like 30 sec intros.

Vince is going to sue Quackenbush for his comic book collection.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Saint Jimmy posted:

Christ, Daily motion sucks. Commercial every 5 minutes.

No that's just how botchamania is on every site.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince Russo's face and neck creep me out. No wonder he's stayed off TV these last few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Some botches would be cool in this botchamania.

• Locked thread