Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

Bohemian Nights posted:

This. I've chipped off a tiny piece of the front of one of my front teeth after gnashing them together too hard in a choke over my chin, and while this is not only expensive to have fixed, it's also impossible. I've tried to have it fixed three times (only had to pay once), and it doesn't last.
Always wear a mouth guard!

I had to have one of my front teeth fixed 5 times before it finally stayed. Stay the course!

Pierat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008

Iceman posted:

Does anyone ever do the inverted/reverse/whatever triangle that Braulio did at the ADCCs a couple years ago? I want to do this but I'm having trouble. I can usually get the triangle but it feels very difficult to finish.

Sometimes I can get a kimura from there.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
Wrestlers come from wrestling programs, wrestling programs emphasize strength. Also wrestlers are gonna cut weight.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
I pay $30 for two semesters. We have a judo black belt and a few bjj blue belts.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008

Who Gotch Ya posted:

I used to only do omoplatas. Take their back? omoplata. Mount? omoplata. Bottom side control? omoplata. I got a talking to.

I started only doin triangles and armbars and nobody says anything about that.

:lol:

I wish I could have seen the side control video. I want to know the workings of the infamous cxb guard.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008

shizen posted:

So I'm looking to sign up for a new gym next month which will offer more gi classes from a higher level instructor-since you were all mentioned how gi is superior-. I have never done gi but have been doing the no gi classes for about a month. What type of gi should I get for a beginner? Also is it pretty much unacceptable to get a colored gi if your low level?

It depends where you are. Some places care, some don't.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Why would his strength and size be any less of an asset in MMA wrestling?

Because he can get punched and submitted. Not a jab at Lesnar but there are areas of mma that he just won't be as good at and a technical deficiency means his physical assets will be harder to put to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
When I do judo I just wait for them to try and throw me, then take their back and do like a semi-suplex kinda thing cause it's just training. This is mostly because I am really bad at judo.