Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

bowmore posted:

I'm not sure if that number is counting expansions etc' but it's close to 240 games unfinished. 240.
Wow. This thread must be like an oasis in the desert to you... Only the oasis is currently held by a merciless gang of slavers who tie you to the side of a camel and force you to count the hairs on its back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

Wow. This thread must be like an oasis in the desert to you... Only the oasis is currently held by a merciless gang of slavers who tie you to the side of a camel and force you to count the hairs on its back.
I think I love buying games more than I do playing them. Except for TF2.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I don't know what's worse: Having a little over 350 games on my account, or going on a complete Steam hiatus after I finally bought and quickly became seduced by a HDTV and a PS3 for my house. It's just as pretty, and...easier.

Oh well, at least I have a lot of games waiting for me when I come back. :suicide:

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
I'm in on this, I've got 236 according to steamcalculator. Haven't taken the time to see which I've beaten. I've got a lot of games I bought just to have easy access to that I've played hundreds of times like Quake and Doom so I'm not concerned with playing through those again but I've got plenty of stuff to dig through that I really should.
That said, I just finished up both Penny Arcade games in the last week and really enjoyed them in spite of not really liking the comics. Got nearly 16 hours of play for three bucks which seems worthwhile to me. Not sure where to go next, though. I've started but never finished Jolly Rover, Recettear, Pirates!, Puzzle Agent, Rush and Nimbus. There's also Numen...

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm not just a Steam addict, I've bought a LOT of games I've never completed over the years. Way too many, and I'd be happy as a clam if no new must-haves came out for at least a year and if I could just put my life on hold for a while so I could actually play all these drat games I own. Steam's not so bad in that games are cheaper than rentals, so if I get as much playtime out of them as I would a rental, I consider that good enough.

Hell, here's my list of incomplete games for Gamecube alone:
Pokemon Colosseum (bought it for $10, played to the first save point, seemed lovely)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) ($10, never even opened it)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 ($3, played for about five minutes)
Tony Hawk's Underground ($3, played somewhat into it, don't remember how far)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($3, about five minutes)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ($10, first save point)
Super Mario Sunshine ($50, I think about 16 stars? Didn't like it though)
Super Mario Strikers ($10, about 10 minutes)
Viewtiful Joe ($10, but couldn't get past some early stage because it's incredibly hard)
F-Zero GX ($8, only raced a couple of courses)
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ($20, only played the first couple of levels in single player because I've never managed to meet anyone else with a GBA and a link cable)
Killer7 ($10, got a couple of hours in)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ($20, first save point)
Baiten Kaitos ($16, opened but haven't played)

That's just about every single game I own, save for the handful I actually HAVE cleared. I'm open to suggestions, too.

StockGround
Nov 1, 2010

ohnoitschris posted:

I'm not just a Steam addict, I've bought a LOT of games I've never completed over the years. Way too many, and I'd be happy as a clam if no new must-haves came out for at least a year and if I could just put my life on hold for a while so I could actually play all these drat games I own. Steam's not so bad in that games are cheaper than rentals, so if I get as much playtime out of them as I would a rental, I consider that good enough.

Hell, here's my list of incomplete games for Gamecube alone:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) ($10, never even opened it)

That's just about every single game I own, save for the handful I actually HAVE cleared. I'm open to suggestions, too.

I loved FFCC coop with GBA's, some of the most fun I've ever had on the Gamecube.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lot of people make categories for "Beaten" "In progress" "Not played yet".

I like using the "Favorites" feature on any game I'm currently playing or need to finish it soon. Right now I'm working on Red Dead Redemption on the 360, and Riddick on Steam.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

ohnoitschris posted:

Baiten Kaitos ($16, opened but haven't played)
... you can look forward to this. The fastest recorded speedrun of the game clocks in at almost exactly eight hours, and that is using every glitch in the book along with taking insane risks in boss fights. If you have any sort of OCD, your playthrough will probably outlive this thread.

I just finished Recettear, so I went to Random.org again... and received the order to finish X-COM: Terror From The Deep. A hard-as-nails, completely unforgiving turn-based strategy game that only runs at 320x240 resolution and is prone to crashing. ... I regret signing up for this already.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? I have an idea... I might get to work on a little something to help this thread.

DOUBLE EDIT: vvvv Holy crap you have a lot of excellent games unplayed. Bioshock, Dead Space, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, The Witcher... With a line-up like that you will do yourself a service by getting started.

Arthur D Wolfe fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 6, 2011

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I am a Steam addict so why not have a go at this. I certainly own around a hundred games on Steam or GOG I haven't beaten but intend to, at least to some degree. Here's the list of games on Steam I haven't even touched but intend to try and play "at least these" in the near future:

Alpha Protocol
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
BioShock
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Bully: Scholarship Edition
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Just Cause 2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Mafia II
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Penumbra: Black Plague
Red Faction: Guerrilla
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Also, I have recently started to play Assassin's Creed (1) but it seems pretty drat unpolished compared to AC2 which I finished earlier, but I'm going to try to do it. Also, I started Darksiders, but I think it just lost its charm pretty quickly and I may not finish it ever, but we'll see.
Of the list above, I think I want to play Mafia II next.

I think I'm a lost case, even if I'm not the worst one out here.

edit: how the gently caress did Kingpin get up there? Anyways I'm not going to play that with any hurry (ever)

Zat fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 6, 2011

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you're going to measure just by what you've beaten, then yeah, you'll come up with a pretty small number. I went through my list looking for stuff I feel I've gotten a good amount of play from rather than what I've seen the closing credits of and I came up with 62 games out of 142, which really isn't bad considering that a bunch of those games are extras that came in deal packs. There's nothing I've bought directly and not touched except for Resident Evil 5, which I bought anticipating some co-op with a friend which didn't happen (I own that game on 360 and played the poo poo out of it anyway).

I'm alright with my stupidly large Steam games list.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
I was gonna post in here about how I have 262 games and barely have played a lot of them, but then I looked through my hours tracker on Steam and, the ones I really haven't played in earnest on Steam are (mostly) ones I had played before and got them on Steam during a sale and haven't gotten around to playing again. Which way do those count?

I literally only have 3 or 4 games I just straight up haven't played.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Well, here we go. I currently have 100 games on Steam, somewhere around $1500 worth and I have beaten very few of them. Lots of them are multiplayer and have no end, BUT I still haven't gotten my money's worth out of them. The last game I bought was NWN2 and I bought it yesterday. :saddowns:

I am going to do as the OP suggests. Play in alphabetical order. Roll against a RNG. MMOs are exempt. If I land a sequel, I will play starting with the original up to the end of that sequel. Also, games that I have installed and shortcutted through Steam count. The first roll will be against 55, the number I have installed. After that will be against the full 100, and I will install it if it is uninstalled while playing the latest game.

Wish me luck on my journey.

I want a number between 1 and… 55: 14.

That makes it Dragon Age: Origins! Next roll was 9, so that gives me Borderlands next in line.

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 6, 2011

Spikeness
Dec 4, 2009
I am sexually aroused by the thought of a 12 year old video game character in a bikini, just fy
Upgrading my machine soon, So I can finally play all the steam games I've bought on sale over the past few years.

Playing in alphabetical order seems like a great ide- 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures Deluxe? :negative:

Screw it I'll play fallout 3. (I've heard the minigolf is fun though)

Steam says i have 274 games :smithicide:

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Spikeness posted:

Upgrading my machine soon, So I can finally play all the steam games I've bought on sale over the past few years.

Playing in alphabetical order seems like a great ide- 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures Deluxe? :negative:

Screw it I'll play fallout 3. (I've heard the minigolf is fun though)

Steam says i have 274 games :smithicide:

Did you get it when it was 10 cents on the Aussie store? I know I did.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Hi I'm Turra, my steam account says I have 211 games available and the calculator puts the value at just under $3000. I've not finished almost 100 of those, so I'm going to be busy for awhile! Quite a few are old doom/hexen/quake games and lots of indie games that I tried quickly then never went back to.

I'll finish dead space 2 first as I started that the other day, but using random.org gives me #121 which means the next game on my list to be played is... Lego star wars saga! Thats pretty good I only stopped playing that because I had to start studying for exams.

Spikeness
Dec 4, 2009
I am sexually aroused by the thought of a 12 year old video game character in a bikini, just fy

SmokinDan posted:

Did you get it when it was 10 cents on the Aussie store? I know I did.

Haha, Yeah! Gifted it to everyone as well :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat I can't believe I missed that, Mini Golf is the bomb!

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I have over 300 games and can't stop playing TF2. It's like Gabe gives with one hand, and takes with another.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Click here for the full 512x726 image.

This is my current backlog and I am actually playing through it.

Or at least, completed six games off it since the start of the year (Darksiders, Singularity, Mafia, Machinarium, Bob Came In Pieces and Dragon Age: Origins).

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.
The thing about that calculator is it doesn't know what you actually paid for it. It doesn't know what was bundled and cheaper, or if you bought it on release for full price, when now it might be $10.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I own 307 games according to SteamCalculator ($4272.94) and 376 according to my Steam Community page. Around 200 of them have never been installed at any point.

I have beaten 30 games or so- a good portion of which are re-buys of older games or console ports I never actually beat on Steam.

I don't really have time to play games these days. :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm really trying to make it all the way through Crysis one of these days. Then we'll see.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Ohhh how do I add custom game categorys?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Grawl posted:

If you want I can give you admin to my old backlog group I made and you can use that.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonbackloggroup

edit: I'm currently working on a non-steam game (Zelda: Ocarina of Time), but I'm either going to finish Darksiders or Devil May Cry 4 next.

That sounds cool. We can be each others nag partners.

Ularg posted:

Can we also list console games we've bought along with a bunch of steam titles and need to finish?

Sure, why not. We're all here to help each other. Chose Steam for the thread title as it was the one that most of us would have a shitload of games for, at least, in my opinion. Whatever. Console games are welcome.

fatpat268 posted:

I've actually have been playing through quite a bit and have slowed down my purchases (well, my current financial situation helps with that). I've been using backloggery.com to keep track of my backlog, and that motivates me pretty well.

It'd be great if there was some sort of import feature where we could import our Steam list. I've had an account for a while but only added a few games because, well, hosed if I'm going to add every single game on the list. Would take forever.

Still, could just add the current game I'm playing and work through that.

It does seem that there's an RSS feed listing there too. Perhaps we could use that to our advantage? Perhaps signature bars of everyone could be put into the second post?

Vier posted:

Ohhh how do I add custom game categorys?

Right click game, set category.

This is my current setup:

Complete: Played through at least once
Complete - Mastered: Games I've played to death and pretty much know almost everything, also includes games I've got 100% achievements on.
Incomplete: Games I have downloaded that haven't finished yet.
Neverending: Games like Altitude, Audiosurf, and MMOs.
Neverending - Not Installed: As above, not installed
Not Installed: Games I haven't downloaded
Fail Pile: Worst of the Worst go here. Right now it's just holding my duplicates of Civ IV that they haven't fixed yet.

Migishu fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 6, 2011

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I feel for you guys! Before the Steam thread alerted me to the holiday sale 2 years ago, I only had the Orange Box. Today I have just over 100 games. I've finished a few, but they just keep piling up. I bought a 360 controller to help me get through the more console-oriented titles and I've been pushing through one game at a time.

I'm currently almost done with Darksiders, and then I'm either going to finish Arkham Asylum or start Dead Rising 2. Oh, and a quick look at my list informs me I got the Crysis pack at some point, I totally forgot about that. poo poo.

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!
Hi I am SixOhSix. I've been drowning in games forever.

First and foremost, my most up-to-date forays in conquering my gaming Hell are here:

I am at 153 games on Steam, and own a total of around 200 games across all platforms. Thanks to Steam, PC alone has the worst unfinished with 41 unfinished games, which has been a bit of a losing battle for a while.

My strategy for completing games without burning out has involved having a game on each platform that I have to beat or play through, and using https://www.random.org to decide which to play from those on a given day to keep things fresh. Also to help with burning out, the most I play in one sitting is 3 hours. If I'm going to play for longer I'll separate it with at least a 1 hour break. It seems a little crazy and overinvolved, but honestly it's served me well for about a year now in keeping from burning out on extremely long games (I'm looking at you Disgaea 3).

And of course, feel free to add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/psysix to shoot the poo poo while we work on our beastly backlogs.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Welp, I just started playing AvPC2k, and I already feel like I'm going to vomit. This game is so disorientating. I haven't even finished the first level on Aliens yet.

This is going to be a long road...

StockGround
Nov 1, 2010

The Backloggery looks like an awesome site, but registration seems to be closed for the time being.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My name is Rupert and I'm making sure I don't get in any deeper.

I have a saving grace, though... I'm on a mac. That didn't stop me, however, from making numerous purchases of PC-only games, thinking that 'I'd get around to them someday'. But they're classics... Deus Ex... Sim City 3-4... I've been wondering when Borderlands: GOTY is going to hit Steam, because I know I'll buy that and never play it.

My problem is is that I love to multitask. I'm always chatting with someone, or watching youtube videos, and playing something. A lot of games I love, but they go full-screen, and usually require me to shut down everything else, and I can't keep my focus for long.

Godspeed fellow Steamers, especially those with many more games than I.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Hello, I'm Master_Odin and according to SteamCalculator, I have 377 games worth $5113.24 USD. I have a problem of playing awesome games, getting almost to the end, then never touching them again (like Alpha Protocol, where I have at most, 20 minutes left, but I'll be damned if I play it again). I'm in on this and random.org has given me game #212 to start with (Osmos).

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
71 Games with a value of
$1068.30 USD

Its only because i have lot of publisher packs.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Hello, my name is fishgoat, and I have a problem. I currently have 27 games on steam, having spent almost three hundred dollars I don't have. I have completed zero of those games, unless you count certain multiplayer games.

Wish me luck fair goons. I shall surely need it.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Master_Odin posted:

Hello, I'm Master_Odin and according to SteamCalculator, I have 377 games worth $5113.24 USD. I have a problem of playing awesome games, getting almost to the end, then never touching them again (like Alpha Protocol, where I have at most, 20 minutes left, but I'll be damned if I play it again). I'm in on this and random.org has given me game #212 to start with (Osmos).

Alpha Protocol is one of those games that need to be replayed at least once! Finish it (and then maybe maybe not) do a new playthrough. It's one of those titles where there's so much poo poo that you will be discovering new things for many playthroughs.

The beggining is a terrible slog though.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011
Using random.org, I picked out 3 titles from my game list after I beat Mass Effect 2 (for the second time) and Rainbow Six Vegas 2:

Rome: Total War
Oddworld Abe's Exodus
World in Conflict

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fatpat268

fatpat268 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 6, 2011

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Where's tecman get him in here

kobraski
Mar 11, 2007

OOPS I HAVE A SCREWDRIVER IN MY FOOT :(
I'm kobraski and I'm suitably ashamed of myself. I have 52 games, as follows:

Completed: 9
Played And Enjoyed A Fair Amount But Never Properly Completed: 10
Barely Played (anywhere from five minutes to four hours, but basically started them up, played a bit, got bored, never touched again): 24
NEVER Played: 7

I could probably do the same thing with my clothes: Worn Lots And Loved/Wore That One Time Then Decided I Didn't Like/NEVER WORN... the ratio would be similar :(

Anyway, I'm gonna start alphabetically with Aquaria, which I paid a ridiculous £15 for because "oooh it looks so purddyyy". About two weeks later it was part of the first humble indie bundle. ARGH!

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
I chose the random.org route and it decided on Return to Castle Wolfenstein for me. I've played it a little bit in the past but never beaten it. Should be a pretty entertaining time. I remember it being really loving difficult, though. Anything I should know before I start it up?

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
Awesome, this thread has popped up at just the right time. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Here's my list, both steam and 360 games, that I feel like I should complete. In no particular order:

code:
#ST Greed Corp
#ST Darwinia
#ST Eufloria
#ST Overlord
#ST Overlord Raising Hell
#ST Overlord II
#ST Painkiller
#ST Unreal
#ST Titan Quest / Immortal Throne
#ST Unreal 2
#ST HL1
#ST HL: Blue Shift
#ST HL: Opposing Force
#XB Red Dead Redemption
#XB Bayonetta
#XB Shadow Complex
#XB Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Since I just picked up Bayonetta recently, I think I'm going to focus on that first, followed by Brotherhood. I'm kinda bummed that Backloggery registrations are closed; that site seems great.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/Rodsterling

quote:

Found 238 Games with a value of
$3750.63 USD

Ladies and gentleman, I have a problem.

Not even making a list of "poo poo I Need to Play" in steam has helped my addiction. :(

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Hiya I'm Aqua Hamster,(Steam Calc) and I have 258 games. Most of them I have not finished. A lot I have not started.

May I suggest getting 3 other people with Borderlands and all the DLC and play through together for a support group sort of thing?

Edit- huh steam says 258 and steam calculator says 200. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Hello everyone Names TR0LL. I think I have a problem.

I currently have 435 games on steam, and I have compleated maybe 10.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TR0LL

I think I may need some help.