Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Aqua Hamster posted:

Hiya I'm Aqua Hamster,(Steam Calc) and I have 258 games. Most of them I have not finished. A lot I have not started.

May I suggest getting 3 other people with Borderlands and all the DLC and play through together for a support group sort of thing?

Edit- huh steam says 258 and steam calculator says 200. Weird.

I think Steam counts DLC as games, while the calculator does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I don't have all the DLC for Borderlands, but I have the General Knoxx one (the best one) and would be up for some co-op. Hit me up on steam: black_falcon298

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ok guys, here's how this is going to go down for me, americanzero4128, steam calc

I am going to work through my backlog one game at a time, and first complete the games that I've started but haven't finished. For that, the first game I'll be completing will be Half Life 2, which I've beat twice before (about 5 years ago) but want to play again. I started this about 4 months ago, got to the antlion part, and stopped. I have never played the episodes, so I wanted to get the background in my mind again before starting the episodes (since I heard they start right after the base game ends).

The only other game I am allowed to play during this is Bad Company 2 because I play with my brother when we're not working. Trying to knock out this backlog once and for all. If backloggery was accepting registrations I'd get on that as more motivation, but it is not.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hello, my name is Ularg, and I'm a Steamaholic. I just can't help it when I see a game I used to own on consoles that I don't play anymore, or indie games that have my interest in the slightest, I need to buy them.

Steam Calculator: 55 Games = $916.46 USD

I have a lot of games I need to finish, and because I am so close and so interested in these first two games, I'll complete them first:

Dead Space 2 (PS3)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

I'm in Chapter 4 in Dead Space 2, and near the end in Uncharted 2. My current roadblock is frustration when dieing in Uncharted 2.

Here is my Steam Calc: http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/leon7070

I'm having a hard time refusing to play Breach with my friends, even though it is fun I must overcome this problem. I'll stop reading the forums and play for a bit after this post.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I've updated the second post with a list of games everyone's playing. I may have missed some, and I'll try to keep it regularly updated.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Sometimes I look at my Steam list and see games I don't even remember buying. What the gently caress is Space Giraffe?

Space Giraffe is by Jeff Minter, and that's really all you need to know. It's heavily inspired by Tempest, but quite different. When it was released, it got really mixed reviews - some people just loved the hell out of it, and some people thought it was utter garbage. I'm in the "Loved the hell out of it" group, although it's certainly not for everyone.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
So I'm Double Click Here and I have 194 games, although it'd probably bump up 10-20 if I knew how many Impulse/GOG/D2D games I have in total. I kept it simple and just picked the method from the OP to pick a game, since I just keep sampling this, that, and the other and hardly playing a game for more than twenty minutes.

When I used the number generator I was slightly tense, wondering if I'd get some super long RPG or action game like Just Cause 2/Red Faction: Guerilla.

Edit: Recalculations lead me to Portal. Alright!

See you on the other side.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 6, 2011

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Yeah, this seems like the place for me.
210 games, value of $2200.91.
Still sorting everything out, but I'd say maybe 2/3 of these games I haven't put any substantial effort into.

Currently categorizing: Beaten, Unbeaten, Infinte, and gently caress This

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's mine!

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/awesomeandy81

I just categorized everything into Played (either no real ending or something I didn't really like), Completed, In progress, and Backlog. Most of my completed games were things I just bought again on Steam sales although I beat them on console or whatever before. :( I have 16 in various states of progress.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

hogswallower posted:

I chose the random.org route and it decided on Return to Castle Wolfenstein for me. I've played it a little bit in the past but never beaten it. Should be a pretty entertaining time. I remember it being really loving difficult, though. Anything I should know before I start it up?

The quicksave button is your friend. Quicksave whenever anyone is not shooting at you and you have 70+ health.

I probably belong in this thread too, but I have supershitloads of college work to be doing and am (slowly) working my way through my backlog (Dragon Age mostly at the moment, goddamn is this game time-consuming) so I'll just lurk :)

beef express fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 6, 2011

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Please don't just post number of games and how much steam calculator says that is because it provides very little insight to anything and its just like the cycle of posts in the other Steam thread. It is just lowest common denominator posting.

I'm in the middle of playing Dead Space and F.E.A.R. but I don't feel like playing either, which one should I finish first.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Colon Parenthesis posted:

Please don't just post number of games and how much steam calculator says that is because it provides very little insight to anything and its just like the cycle of posts in the other Steam thread. It is just lowest common denominator posting.

I'm in the middle of playing Dead Space and F.E.A.R. but I don't feel like playing either, which one should I finish first.

If I were you I would wrap up FEAR before Dead Space. I always like to save the deeper games for last.

wwqd1123
Mar 3, 2003

Colon Parenthesis posted:

The steam calculator is pretty much a failure. I don't think it takes into account game discounts or packaged deals or anything. Also it lists all the games in alphabetical order with a running total of how much you've spent beside each entry. Like really what is the point of that? People don't actually buy their games in alphabetical order. Maybe if it listed the date purchased instead it would actually be useful.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/dunkman17
$622.14

I'm going to start in Alphabetical order from the "never played" section until I can move them in to Played Enough (which is a lot of games that can't really be "beat") or the Finished section. Then I will play the "played briefly" games enough to move them into the Enough category, or move them into the "this game sucks" category.

So, taking someone's cue from earlier, I organized them in to categories:
Finished games at the top

milquetoast child fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 6, 2011

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
All right, I'm in, this is me. I have a backloggery account under the same name, but I haven't updated it in a while.

I have a little under 200 games, of which 20 are in my "Finished" category. I have about another 30-40 installed in various stages of completion.

I think I'm gonna start with JC2 and GTA: Episodes because they're both fun, easy to pick up and put down, and have been in my backlog forever. I'm only about 20-30% into JC2, and have finished one of the two GTA episodes. After that I'll just go pick something randomly!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hello, my name is fishgoat, and I have a problem. I currently have 27 games on steam, having spent almost three hundred dollars I don't have. I have completed zero of those games, unless you count certain multiplayer games.

Wish me luck fair goons. I shall surely need it.

Your not finished list is, for the most part, full of excellent games that are kind of short that you really should finish.

Bioshock's about 16 hours, and I played through it on Hard
Braid's pretty short too, but its length is however long it takes you to solve (or look up the solutions to) each puzzle
Same goes for P.B. Winterbottom
Everybody likes Portal, and it's only about 3-4 hours long
Super Meat Boy's taken me about 14 hours, and I just made it to the last boss last night

Then again that Not Started list doesn't have a single game I wanna play, and I own a few of those.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
I'm probably going to play a shorter game (either Worms Reloaded, Monkey Island 2 or Lugaru HD) next as a break, then play through Dragon Age: Awakening while DAO is fresh in my memory.

Any other short game recommendations from my backlog?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Any other short game recommendations from my backlog?

Age of Wonders, Chronicles of Riddick, Just Cause 2, Monkey Island 2, The Witcher.

They're all fantastic games (I haven't had experince with Riddick or Witcher, but I've heard absolutely wonderful things about this)

I just finished adding all my games to my backloggery account. I have a long way to go...

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Migishu posted:

Age of Wonders, Chronicles of Riddick, Just Cause 2, Monkey Island 2, The Witcher.

They're all fantastic games (I haven't had experince with Riddick or Witcher, but I've heard absolutely wonderful things about this)

I just finished adding all my games to my backloggery account. I have a long way to go...

Age of Wonders, Just Cause 2 and the Witcher aren't exactly short games, though.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Excluding multiplayer only games I have beaten 22 of my 55 games worth playing. The good news is I have some really short games on the unbeaten list like FEAR 2 and both Half Life 2 episodes. The bad new is that I am on Chapter 2 of The Witcher so I won't be starting a new game any time soon. I also deleted some older or mediocre games that I know I won't even go back and play like Quake 1, Unreal 2, and Deus Ex Invisible War.

I have technically included a few games I never beat on my "beaten" like Just Cause 2, Puzzle Quest 2, and Flatout Ultimate Carnage because they're just too repetitive to truly finish, but I feel like I've experienced basically all they have to give.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

ohnoitschris posted:

Your not finished list is, for the most part, full of excellent games that are kind of short that you really should finish.

Then again that Not Started list doesn't have a single game I wanna play, and I own a few of those.

Yeah, the not finished list I *hopefully* (I get distracted very easily) won't have a problem with. The not started list, on the other hand, I'm marginally sure were drunken sale buys.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/mrright

Found 334 Games with a value of
$4455.17 USD

Random.org gave me 238; S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I was tempted to play it but it's actually one of the few games I have completed. Fantastic game though.

Random.org gave me 53; Dead Space
Re-rolling because it's a game I'll definitely play without having an RNG influencing me and because it's not something that'll download for tonight.

Random.org gave me 255; Shattered Union
Ok I'll play it. And I'll give a trip report. :smithicide:
- the game doesn't work with W7! :argh:

Random.org gave me 149; Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Looking forward to this. I loved the Playstation Tomb Raiders.

After that game has finished downloading, I'll start downloading...
Random.org gave me 323; Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
I can live with that!

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 7, 2011

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Mr Right posted:

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/mrright

Found 334 Games with a value of
$4455.17 USD

Random.org gave me 238; S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I was tempted to play it but it's actually one of the few games I have completed. Fantastic game though.

Random.org gave me 53; Dead Space
Re-rolling because it's a game I'll definitely play without having an RNG influencing me and because it's not something that'll download for tonight.

Random.org gave me 255; Shattered Union
Ok I'll play it. And I'll give a trip report. :smithicide:

e: and I'll roll for my next game too and start downloading it once Shattered Union has downloaded.
Random.org gave me 149; Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Looking forward to this. I loved the Playstation Tomb Raiders.

Shattered Union won't work if you have Vista or Win 7.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

fatpat268 posted:

Shattered Union won't work if you have Vista or Win 7.

Yeah was just about to come and post that.

---------------------------
Program Error
OpenPIMipmapChain: Unable to locate a valid DDS, JPG or TGA file for 'SolidColors'.
OK

You can apparently fix it but it involves fiddling with your computer settings rather than just the games files so I think I'll be leaving that game.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
If you're having trouble cracking into a backlog, take them on by Metacritic rating. This will help ease you into what is, let's face it, an insurmountable challenge. This thread has inspired me to tackle my backlog, and I've finally gotten around to playing the Witcher. Loving it so far, every game needs a naked chick card collection; gotta catch 'em all!

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Creating a separate category in Steam for a specific backlog. I start a new job next week, so this is my last week of unemployment - I'm going to try to beat as much as possible!

Edit:

All done! COD4 is in there for the multiplayer. But jesus christ I have problems.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 7, 2011

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
After spending a lot of money on the December sale I went ahead and sorted my collection (now up to 125 games, not as big as some but still pretty ridiculous) into genre categories, and I've set up a "Playing" and "To play" category for the games I'm currently working on and want to prioritize for my next selections.

So, right now I'm playing Dead Space, Amnesia, Batman: AA, and The Witcher: EE. This doesn't include my current playthroughs of Nier and Fallout: New Vegas on PS3.

The hardest part of this is making sure you actually stick to the plan; I moved VVVVVV to the complete pile when I finished it but then pulled it out a week later to replay it in Flipmode rather than play something else in my to-play/playing file.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I'm Devian666 and I have a multi-platform game buying addiction.

It's been 1 day since my last purchase, and initiated the process of this thread about a month ago.

Games recently played to completion/boredom.
Tropico 3 (playing this is ongoing when I'm in the mood)
Infinite Space
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare

Currently playing:
Disgaea 3 (this could take a year)
Wipeout HD

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I finally sorted out my games down to what I need to play and finish.

Click here for the full 314x627 image.

I think after my two PS3 titles I'll focus on Borderland's and Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Got everything sorted out...Of my 210 games, I have not beaten 127 of them. Welp.

I don't have a mouse available at the moment, so I'm going to begin Ben There, Dan That.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Out of 148 games, I've beaten around twenty. My in box is pathetically full, but atl east I've played most of my games at least once. I feel like I'm pretty clever with my category names.

In box for what I'm working on now.
Out box for games I've beaten.
Sandbox for games you can't really "beat" like TF2.
Catbox is for lovely poo poo like some of the Xcom games and Counterstrike Condition Zero- Deleted Scenes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BKPR posted:

Got everything sorted out...Of my 210 games, I have not beaten 127 of them. Welp.

I don't have a mouse available at the moment, so I'm going to begin Ben There, Dan That.
That's a pretty good effort.

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!

Devian666 posted:

Currently playing:
Disgaea 3 (this could take a year)

This game is an absolute hurdle to any backlog. I've been playing that beast on and off for over a year. Simply put, play it on occasion, but if you've got something new you really want to crack into, give that a higher priority. Otherwise you will never beat ANYTHING.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Okay thread, I'll play along.

I'm at 7/35. Going to start with Jade Empire, since it's my most recent purchase, and I'll go from there I guess.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hey I am : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Doleb

200 games
4 that I can say are "beaten"

I have a lot more retail games I want to beat too like Crysis, Bioshock 2, Empire Total War, Dead Space, etc.

I'm gonna try to beat Lost Planet 2 first (Played through most in coop with some goons), then Batman then Red Faction.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Why do you people make categories for lovely games? Why not just uninstall them?

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Industrial posted:

Why do you people make categories for lovely games? Why not just uninstall them?

So that you can effectively make the titles disappear by minimizing the category. I did that for the mac versions of Civ IV so they don't clutter my list.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Industrial posted:

Even if you uninstall stuff on steam it's still on the list, just grayed out. Steam will never let you officially remove it from the list so if you really dont want them you have to make a category that starts with like X or Z so it's at the bottom and keep it closed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yea I have a long list of games called "Regrets" that I will never touch/touch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

RagnarokAngel posted:

Even if you uninstall stuff on steam it's still on the list, just grayed out. Steam will never let you officially remove it from the list so if you really dont want them you have to make a category that starts with like X or Z so it's at the bottom and keep it closed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!