Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

StockGround posted:

Steam needs to include a "beat that poo poo" check box next to games in the library to make you see how little of your games you've actually played.

Lot of people make categories for "Beaten" "In progress" "Not played yet".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Colon Parenthesis posted:

You own Hitman from that pack, play Hitman.

Well, I'd really recommend just playing blood money and skip the rest but I guess that'd defeat the point of the thread?

Also play Arkham Asylum for the love of God.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Industrial posted:

Why do you people make categories for lovely games? Why not just uninstall them?

Even if you uninstall stuff on steam it's still on the list, just grayed out. Steam will never let you officially remove it from the list so if you really dont want them you have to make a category that starts with like X or Z so it's at the bottom and keep it closed.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Industrial posted:

I genuinely did not know this, good to know.

But I probably like to keep "all games" selected so when im looking through I might go "hrm yeah might like to reinstall that" and it still keeps the complete eyesores out of the way.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

hieronymus posted:

The calculator says you spent 6k on your steam account.

This has been addressed but steam calculator only accounts for the current MSRP, most of us got stuff on impulse buys on sales, we probably spent half at best of whatever it says.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Sporkles posted:

I went from 24% complete through JC2 to 27%!! :thumbsup:

I probably shouldn't have picked Epic Extreme Dicking Around Simulator for my first game...

Well on the plus side you cant actually 100% the game!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I think it'd be easier to list games without Steve Blum.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Arkham Asylum. Game of the Year 2009.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Why doesn't the Hitman collection include Contracts, why. WHY. :qq:

There's been a licensing issue with Contracts for years. I think it's because it uses licensed music?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The second is a massive improvement over the first, and the third even more so over the second. You can really see Telltale improve with each season.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Batman, Batman, Batman. The answer for any backlog is Batman.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

You should finish mirror's edge if you already started it. It's like 4 hours long, you're probably already almost done.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Well, there's of course the button that makes you look in the direction of where you're trying to go. Also, Mirror's Edge is really linear though with only tiny variations on where you could go, where the diversity comes in finding the most efficient way to get through a session.

I dunno, it really is a great game to play through, even if there's never going to be another one.

In addition to this the game uses red to subtly guide you where to go next. If you see red or orange that's likely a hint.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

If Arkham Asylum is on your to do list and you're not playing it RIGHT NOW you're doing it wrong. Fix it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ManxomeBromide posted:

I loved the Hell out of Mirror's Edge, but can't imagine playing it with a controller. It came out on consoles first, though, so it's probably playable at it as much as any other one, but as a first person platformer it's going to be way better with a mouse.

Seconding Misadventures of PB Winterbottom as your best bet for controller play.

Mirror's edge is fine with a controller because theres almost no gun play (there's a relatively easy achievement for never shooting a gun once) so precision isn't as neccesary as other FPS.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

If you already own AC1 (I assume you do, posting in here), go for it, just do as few side missions as possible and that'll keep the tedium from setting in. It's not TOO long if you do this and it has interesting parts, it's just one of those games you can't go back to once you play the sequels.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SmokinDan posted:

My video card keeps overheating :( I managed to finish Kane and Lynch 2 on Friday but haven't been able to play anything else this weekend :(

You clean the dust out?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

DEFCON isn't multiplayer only but it is one of those games you can't really "win" so it's ok to skip for now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

Condemned is a really good game, though it suffers from the same thing as Indigo Prophecy. The last levels overload you with bullshit story, and in the end you don't know what has happened.

My backlog:

Amnesia: Dark Descent - I loved Penumbra games, but still haven't given this one a proper chance.

Company of Heroes - Tried a few games, and got absolutely stomped by the easiest AI. It seems fun, and I'm usually really good at RTS'es.

Cryostasis - Suppose I could try it out now when I've upgraded my graphics card. GTX9800 was not enough to play it comfortably.

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light - was supposed to Co-op this with a friend who bailed out. Is it fun in singleplayer?

Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum

Overlord 1 and 2

Saint's Row 2 - Stuttering issues which make it unplayable - is there any fix to it?

Star Wars: KOTOR - I have absolutely no idea what this is about, or how it got onto my steam account. I looked it up on wikipedia, and I quite like Bioware. How long is this game?

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - tried for 2 hours, didn't click. Does it get better later? Also the interface is very confusing.

I got a lot of free time lately, so lenght of games isn't an issue. What would you suggest?

KOTOR is a pretty long game, I'd go with that, it's one of my all-time favorites. The first world is gonna be an endurance test because it's horribly boring but after that you become a Jedi it gets way better.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Shovelmint posted:

That is a big improvement. I d/l'd Abe Lincoln Must Die because I like free things, but I didn't have the patience to go beyond meeting the president because walking places and dialogues were taking too long... Adventure games have lots of back and forth travelling and repetitive trial and error attempts at solutions, that poo poo needs expediting.

Season 1 was telltale's first effort and compared to what they've done more recently it's definitely amateur hour. Season 1 can be skipped honestly because season 2 is where it at least get's tolerable, and Season 3 is an even better upgrade from there.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

fatpat268 posted:

More people need to seriously play Duke Nukem 3D. There's a growing segment of people who see nothing wrong with the "COD-ification" of FPS games, and they've forgotten what a truly fun FPS is.

I disagree. Old FPS had a lot of key hunting and dead ends that I don't find fun to navigate. It's also a little high and mighty to tell me I don't know how to have fun.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It does not. Skip them.

Edit: In fact skip everything you do not need to finish the game because if you do all the side quests you will kill yourself with tedium. The extra advice doing extra quests do is ultimately pointless because you'll likely get spotted anyway.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Demitri Omni posted:

I totally went to go all in on Batman AA when it was on sale earlier this week, only to realize I had already bought it during the sale where the entire Squeenix pack was 80 bucks.

Go play it. Finish it. Now. Don't stop to think about it, just do it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'd recommend darksiders or chronicles of riddick. Darksiders slightly more so.

Just Cause 2 is a great game and all but it's not really one you aim to "Complete". The story is pretty boring and the fun comes from booting it up, loving around for a half hour, then playing something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Lost and the Damned is meh but Ballad of Gay Tony is pretty great.