Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/mrright

Found 334 Games with a value of
$4455.17 USD

Random.org gave me 238; S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I was tempted to play it but it's actually one of the few games I have completed. Fantastic game though.

Random.org gave me 53; Dead Space
Re-rolling because it's a game I'll definitely play without having an RNG influencing me and because it's not something that'll download for tonight.

Random.org gave me 255; Shattered Union
Ok I'll play it. And I'll give a trip report. :smithicide:
- the game doesn't work with W7! :argh:

Random.org gave me 149; Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Looking forward to this. I loved the Playstation Tomb Raiders.

After that game has finished downloading, I'll start downloading...
Random.org gave me 323; Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
I can live with that!

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

fatpat268 posted:

Shattered Union won't work if you have Vista or Win 7.

Yeah was just about to come and post that.

---------------------------
Program Error
OpenPIMipmapChain: Unable to locate a valid DDS, JPG or TGA file for 'SolidColors'.
OK

You can apparently fix it but it involves fiddling with your computer settings rather than just the games files so I think I'll be leaving that game.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well on the plus side you cant actually 100% the game!

Do you mean it's impossible or it'll just take so long?

I wouldn't class 100% on a sandbox game as completing it. Main story line and then the optionals until you feel burnt out on them is when it's completed since there aren't any worthwhile rewards for completing the game 100%.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Zedd posted:

You can't get 100% because a few items/objects don't register; You get stuck on something like 99.96% or so.

Also you can easily 100% sandbox games and still get rewards, it just depends on the system behind it. JC2 doesn't reward you any more but games like GTA:SA gave rewards for everything so you did it for more then numbers.

Sorry, I know that most do give you rewards, but they end up worthless unless you fancy coming back to the save a few months later just to mess about. Getting 100% in a sandbox game is :effort: and eventually ends up sapping the fun away.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
I done that for GTA3 and VC. But 100 hidden packages and 20 unique jumps isn't much of a grind (the side missions were fun so I wouldn't class them as grinding) but there wasn't much fun left to be had once I had 100% completed the games.

I do enjoy getting to 100% for as sense of achievement, but I can't even fathom trying to get 100% in JC2. It's just too big with too many things to collect. I wish I had Rico in Vice City. There's only so much fun that can be had in a little village that's been c+p'd 100+ times over a map.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
I'll keep posting even if I'm alone! I'm halfway through Lara Croft and the GoL and I can see myself enjoying the game at some point but that isn't just now. It's a pretty solid action platformer, but I've not really been into that genre since the PS1 days.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
If you use this calculator it gives you a number beside each game to really tell you what game #27 is.

e: forgot the link

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 17, 2011

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Mr Right posted:

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/mrright

Found 334 Games with a value of
$4455.17 USD

Random.org gave me 238; S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I was tempted to play it but it's actually one of the few games I have completed. Fantastic game though.

Random.org gave me 53; Dead Space
Re-rolling because it's a game I'll definitely play without having an RNG influencing me and because it's not something that'll download for tonight.

Random.org gave me 255; Shattered Union
Ok I'll play it. And I'll give a trip report. :smithicide:
- the game doesn't work with W7! :argh:

Random.org gave me 149; Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Looking forward to this. I loved the Playstation Tomb Raiders.

After that game has finished downloading, I'll start downloading...
Random.org gave me 323; Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
I can live with that!

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is down. It took me 5 hours to complete but I didn't attempt many of the challenges so going for them there would be about another 10 hours involved as well as another 5 hour playthrough with Kane and Lynch as well as whatever other DLC packs there are.

The game isn't one I'll forget, it's a shame I'll remember it for the wrong reasons. The controls are horrible, on the same level as flying in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas with the mouse and keyboard. You won't understand how bad they are until you play through it.

The game costs £10 new and ignoring the horrible controls, this is an entirely fair price for this game. Even more so since this is a Steam thread where none of us will have paid full price.

On to Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II now I guess! Not really sure what to expect length wise but this is more my type of game anyway.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Mr Right posted:

On to Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II now I guess! Not really sure what to expect length wise but this is more my type of game anyway.

Well I'm only 21 minutes and one mission into the game but, I really regret not playing this earlier. It's not a game where one wrong move has me dead due to high health, you don't need to stick with the same weapon throughout the campaign AND you level up, upgrading skills as you do. This is gonna be a fun game. But it's time to install the game I'll be completing after this one.

Random.org gave me 206; Prison Tycoon 4: SuperMax
Tried it before, the game didn't have a manual or a tutorial in the game and I was completely confused so I'm giving it a miss on that basis. Tycoon games are usually fun but only till you find the thing that breaks them.

Random.org gave me 122; Harvest: Massive Encounter
It has won awards. It has Steam achievements. It really doesn't appeal to me but I'll give it a go!

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Mr Right posted:

Random.org gave me 122; Harvest: Massive Encounter
It has won awards. It has Steam achievements. It really doesn't appeal to me but I'll give it a go!

I seem to have overestimated this game. The game is horrible! There is no objective other than "survive" and the tutorial is a joke (I watched it twice to make sure I never missed anything obvious).

I went to the beginner world playing 'Normal' game mode. I've restarted about 50 times since then. If I build slow and well defended, I get stomped due to not having the required harvesters to maintain my protection. If I blow all the initial money on harvesters and energy cells THEN go for defence, my defence isn't prepared in time for the attacks.

It might help if there were indicators where the enemy was approaching from, but there isn't. There's a very small red dot on your very small map up the right hand corner of the screen. It might help if the ground wasn't brown, the enemies weren't a different shade of brown and everything else wasn't coated in what seems like a brown tint. This isn't your 2010 FPS where everything must look real which means brown apparently, it's an indie game that has bad graphics so it's one redeeming feature should be that the graphics work!

I tried looking at a few youtube videos for tips but the players there seemed to have the same trouble starting up as me but once they did get a base going, they'd have an easy time creating a ring around their base.

In summary, I suck at the game and it's much more frustrating than fun and since there is no way to "complete" the game, I'm throwing in the towel after 62 minutes.

I'm still having great fun with Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II. I took a quick look at the mission list and I'm about a third of the way through the campaign assuming I do the optional missions too.

To replace Harvest: Massive Encounter...
Random.org gave me; a few games I'd completed/played until 15; Bioshock
I don't know much about it other than that it is looked upon favourably so I'll start installing this. It's a bit more heavy than I'd want to have but I thinkg DoW will be complete soon anyway.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Industrial posted:

Deleted because it sucked:
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

I done this too but after watching an LP a bit on here I gave it another go and it's one game that got me hooked. I never had the performance issues some people get or random CTD's mind you.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Ah, I suppose going from CoP to SoC would be a noticeable step down. Like Assassins Creed is a great game when it's not compared to Assassins Creed 2.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Dawn of War 2 is pretty newbie friendly. I chose medium difficulty and didn't struggle at all. You don't need any of your units special abilities other than the commanders 'heal' ability and this gives you the chance to learn about the other techniques available as you go.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

StoryTime posted:

Okay, Persona 3 Portable is goddamn interminable. Every time I think I'm near the endgame, it turns out that "endgame" consists of dozens of floors more Tartarus. I'm over 100 hours total playtime now.

I'm going to have to play something else for a change. If I see another dark floor, or some other waste-of-time crap, I swear I will break something.

I don't want to begin another 100+ hour RPG though. Can anyone throw an estimate which would be shorter, Uplink or Darwinia?

Steam says I have 11 hours in Uplink. That's not how long it took me to complete the game, that's how long it took me to break the game by robbing the bank for more money than I could spend so that losing wouldn't really have been an option. I did have fun playing through the game though.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Mr Right posted:

I seem to have overestimated this game. The game is horrible! There is no objective other than "survive" and the tutorial is a joke (I watched it twice to make sure I never missed anything obvious).

I went to the beginner world playing 'Normal' game mode. I've restarted about 50 times since then. If I build slow and well defended, I get stomped due to not having the required harvesters to maintain my protection. If I blow all the initial money on harvesters and energy cells THEN go for defence, my defence isn't prepared in time for the attacks.

It might help if there were indicators where the enemy was approaching from, but there isn't. There's a very small red dot on your very small map up the right hand corner of the screen. It might help if the ground wasn't brown, the enemies weren't a different shade of brown and everything else wasn't coated in what seems like a brown tint. This isn't your 2010 FPS where everything must look real which means brown apparently, it's an indie game that has bad graphics so it's one redeeming feature should be that the graphics work!

I tried looking at a few youtube videos for tips but the players there seemed to have the same trouble starting up as me but once they did get a base going, they'd have an easy time creating a ring around their base.

In summary, I suck at the game and it's much more frustrating than fun and since there is no way to "complete" the game, I'm throwing in the towel after 62 minutes.

I'm still having great fun with Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II. I took a quick look at the mission list and I'm about a third of the way through the campaign assuming I do the optional missions too.

To replace Harvest: Massive Encounter...
Random.org gave me; a few games I'd completed/played until 15; Bioshock
I don't know much about it other than that it is looked upon favourably so I'll start installing this. It's a bit more heavy than I'd want to have but I thinkg DoW will be complete soon anyway.

I got burned twice by the save function in Bioshock. I lost an hour of play twice and just gave up.

I've put Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II to the side right now too. I intend on finishing it since I have to be over 50% of the way there but I'm not feeling RTS right now.

I'm currently having a blast playing Borderlands over a LAN with my little brother. Still not out of Arid Badlands yet but have played it for 9 hours. The game became much more fun after deleting the start up screens (gently caress me they took forever to load!)

I'm also making attempts to 100% Super Meat Boy.
100% Light World
100% Glitch levels
77% Dark World
95/100 Bandages
The game quotes me at 97% (of 106%... yeah) so in theory it should only take an hour or two but it's the hardest levels left.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
I've dropped a few, at least you have now tried the game and can have some buyers remorse. Or get a controller and persevere since Bully is actually a pretty good game if you like sandbox like games with a difference.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Added you four; http://backloggery.com/MrRight

I've had no time outs but it is running slow.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

fungi^2 posted:

I'm certainly not going to do that.

It doesn't take that long, especially if you're playing a game while doing it. Add five games every time the game starts to load, or after you complete a mission, or after you die.

I'm so not changing it to Steam and GOG. They're all PC so they can stay in the PC category.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Although their definition of "Completed" doesn't fit for Super Meat Boy as far as I'm concerned. If you can get all the achievements for the game you've Mastered it without a doubt. Despite the success of the game, 13 achievements have less than 1% of people unlocked it and it wouldn't surprise me if these were inflated by people using an achievement unlocker.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
It updates every little thing, so if you just want to update your achievement count, this does it without spamming everyones page I guess.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Morter posted:

Here's all the unbeaten games in my backlog, and each game has a relevant progress note on whether I've beaten it or not. Alternatively, if you're lazy/want to leave it to luck, here's a link to my fortune cookie. Although, whatever you'd get, I'd like a small reason as to why I should play/beat it. Ex: "Oh, you're not far from done/this game's short/this game sucks just get it out of the way, etc".

World of Goo is ideal for you. You said you never really cared about it, but it's probably the easiest to fully complete. It should take 15 hours at the most to complete, less just to beat. It's a game you should probably play while playing other games since it is just an indie game.

You have no notes on GTA III, it's the easiest of the PS2 era GTA's to complete. If you do go for it, get the Ambulance missions done ASAP because once every gang hates you, it becomes an uphill struggle since it can't be repaired.

If you're on Vista/7 you could install Freedom Force and see if you can play the first mission. It was really buggy for me in 7 so it could moved to "null" for me.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
The sig doesn't work for me. "[img] code is OFF". Not that I'm playing games for anything other than Steam achievement tickets right now though.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

americanzero4128 posted:

Well I just finished KotOR, after 32 hours. I also managed to beat Jolly Rover during the Steam sale. Yay! Now I think I'm going to knock out some shorter games. Going to start on Shatter and World of Goo, I think. Anyone have a time estimate on how long those should take to beat?

World of Goo will take you ~20 hours to go through every level getting OCD. Usually by the end of a game I'm bored of the gimmick but WoG's gimmick left me wanting more. :(

e: except one level that relied on luck where I was wishing death upon the creators family

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

UtahIsNotAState posted:

I was determined to start my backlog, and i've been hardcore playing batman arkham asylum.

I'm at the mini boss fight before the final boss groups of thugs and the two titans

I'm just so exhausted with this game. I've done this kind of fight at least twice in the game before, but god drat am I burnt out on the game. I want to take a break, but I know if I take a break, I won't came back to it for a month and it'll be too hard, and ill say "gently caress it"

Beating games gets more rewarding as you slowly eat away through your backlog, right?

I got burnt out around halfway through then again towards the end. As soon as I did beat the game I actually wanted more and felt like going for all the riddles.

So yeah, you will feel rewarded when you beat a game from your backlog.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Mr Right posted:

I got burned twice by the save function in Bioshock. I lost an hour of play twice and just gave up.

I've put Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II to the side right now too. I intend on finishing it since I have to be over 50% of the way there but I'm not feeling RTS right now.

I'm currently having a blast playing Borderlands over a LAN with my little brother. Still not out of Arid Badlands yet but have played it for 9 hours. The game became much more fun after deleting the start up screens (gently caress me they took forever to load!)

I'm also making attempts to 100% Super Meat Boy.
100% Light World
100% Glitch levels
77% Dark World
95/100 Bandages
The game quotes me at 97% (of 106%... yeah) so in theory it should only take an hour or two but it's the hardest levels left.

Maybe I should update this...

I still haven't continued on with Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II. I can't work out why I don't want to play it any more since I was having a blast with it.

I had to stop playing Borderlands because my brother kept disconnecting when a loading screen appeared which was fun for neither of us. What is less fun is playing Borderlands alone.

I did manage to get 106% on Super Meat Boy so that's the game completed. I still occasionally play some user created content but they are generally terrible.

There are positives though. Since this post I have beaten Pokémon Blue, And Yet It Moves, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Braid, Chains, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (I know you can't really beat the game, so I classed top of the local leaderboards as "beat" which only took me two tries) and Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition which was grindy but made my day disappear so fast.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

SmokinDan posted:

75% or more of achievements and also beating the game is also Completed.

I'd say this depends on the game. I have A+ on every SMB level for a total of 106% but I only have 32/64 (70%) of the achievements. That is completed to me. Getting all the achievements is mastering it as far as I'm concerned since the achievements I haven't got are ridiculous. I don't even think they are possible unless you make it your full time job for a few months.

I'm still playing through "Null" game Football Manager 2011. 627 hours played now, which must mean at least 25% of my games could be "Beaten" if I'd played them instead of this match.

Just started the second chapter of The Witcher and I'm really glad I've started playing it. It's been the first RPG that I'm actually curious enough to consider a second playthrough. I loved Fallout 3 but it didn't seem like the decisions influenced enough to warrant another playthrough.

I'm not sure how long I've got to go with Runespell: Overture, I would imagine I'm about halfway there which is good since the novelty has worn off. It seems to rely a lot on luck I think.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Well the draw for me is that it has infinite replayability. No two games will ever be the same and you have thousands of teams to choose from to manage.

But yeah, it's pretty hard to explain why it's addictive. Usually I get addicted to grindy trading games like Recettear or Patrician and afterwards have a feeling of remorse. Spending my time doing the same thing for 30 hours isn't productive. With FM I've never felt like this, even when I do a "I'm not sleeping till I lose" pact which keeps me up all night till the next afternoon, it somehow feels worth it.

You'll also become very attached to players. Lucas Digne joins as a 16 year old kid for £500k. He is fast but doesn't have much else going for him although he is patient and loyal enough to wait for his chance. You get a £10mil bid for your current wing back and can't turn it down which gives the kid, now 18, a chance to try out in the first team. Surprisingly he holds his own! He doesn't make mistakes you're used to seeing the old £10mil wing back make every other game ... 10 years later you know it's time you cashed in on the £500k player for the £20mil he is being touted for. It's a really sad moment since he rarely puts a foot wrong but if you wait any longer you won't get the big pay day you're looking at. You do have another 18 year old sitting in your youth team that looks a bit like your old wing back... and the process begins again.

That actually sounds a bit gay but if it's gay to love Lucas Digne then I don't want to be straight!!!

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
My signature hasn't updated in a while for whatever reason. :(

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Screw that, I'll be going for Golden God for completion. Far too good a game not to 100% it.

Arguing over semantics, but once you've hit that stage, isn't it "mastered"?

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Wezlar posted:

Mastered is for special runs, not completion. So like, speed runs or beating the game without powerups or whatever.

Well I'd class beating all the areas without taking damage as a mastered game but again, it's just differing opinions.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Discreet Gnome posted:

Picked up Tropico 3 with the expansion, thinking it would be simple, sort of like playing Akimi Village/Kingdom of Keflings.

I can barely get past the first scenario. Now I'm scared to try anything past Civ III.

I really struggled too but once I watched a YouTube video it all seemed to click. If you don't want to watch a video then here are some tips;

1. Mines! They make loads even without converting the gold into jewellery or iron into weapons. This means your unskilled workers are actually valuable. Downside is that they have limited resources.
2. Tobacco > Cigars is another good alternative since the above will run out. (basically do any industry but mines are the best for unskilled)
3. You're a dictator. Who cares if your people die? Have a well fed and housed army before the general population so rebels are dealt with.
4. Get humanitarian aid from America first and then the Russians. Healthcare is more use than the half price housing to start with since it's basically saying college level of education v replacements for the shacks.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

VisAbsoluta posted:

So, after my Borderlands fiasco, I finally beat Terraria today, ~45 hours in!

I'll probably keep on playing this sparsely, since it's a drat good game that gets free updates routinely. Totally worth the asking price if you have even a passing interest at it.

Now I'm gonna play Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with a friend on co-op. I've heard it is short, so hopefully it's another game off the backlog soon!

Woah, wait. Terraria can be beat?? I was under the impression it was 2D Minecraft with no real goal to it. If it can be beat I should probably pick it back up.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Well it certainly sounds complete once that's done. Good games remain open to roam after the main goal is complete anyway so thanks, I'll need to pick that back up.

VVV I never knew this either which is why I stopped playing Minecraft. Where have I been??

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 15, 2011

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Wezlar posted:

Link your backloggery, you've gotta have some easy stuff!

Here is his actual games list.

He seems to like his FPS's and RPG's judging by playtime on them - so I won't suggest either to be evil.

I'd vote for Batman: Arkham Asylum. It takes 15-20 hours to complete and the graphics are very nice.

Na I don't want to be a dick since you've gifted me Limbo as well as Swords and Soldiers HD, so my other suggestion is an action FPS but it's one I don't have and haven't played before. I heard it's a great game though.

Kneel Before Zog posted:

If its not in my documents i'm assuming you have the steam version.

Program Files\Steam\userdata\<some number>\48000\remote

Here is my completed saved game file if it's any use. I don't know where the best place is to upload small files so I went with the first hit on Google.

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 3, 2012

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

nickhimself posted:

Skyrim
Limbo
CoD MW3
Homefront

4/5 finished

Homefront seriously took 3 hours from start to finish. I honestly did have fun with it, it looked pretty nice, loaded quickly, and the fighting was fun. There were a few times where enemies felt like they took slightly more damage then they needed to before they finally died, but overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Games with few enemy types when going for "realism" really don't bother me. I don't care about the story so the whole North Korea overtaking the USA crap didn't detract from the game play.

Time to figure out what to play for #5

Mr Right posted:

Here is his actual games list.

He seems to like his FPS's and RPG's judging by playtime on them - so I won't suggest either to be evil.

I'd vote for Batman: Arkham Asylum. It takes 15-20 hours to complete and the graphics are very nice.

Na I don't want to be a dick since you've gifted me Limbo as well as Swords and Soldiers HD, so my other suggestion is an action FPS but it's one I don't have and haven't played before. I heard it's a great game though.

I'm still suggesting these two games. You said you love FPS games so much so definitely the second game.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Beat: Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. A very strong action-oriented PC RPG, up until the main game ends and the expansion begins, wherein it turns into a tedious mire of fetch-quests and claustrophobic streets for the remaining 10-12 hours of its duration. (Oh, and they take away your friggin' dragon form too. Bah.) Going from the wide open, exploration-heavy Ourobas Fjords to that was quite a shock.

Overall, it was very much worth the time and money I put into it, and I highly recommend it if you're in the mood for a good action-RPG.

And in the meantime, I managed to resist picking up any of the numerous indie bundles that sprang up in the past few weeks! Woo woo!

How long did it actually take you? There are numerous games I'd look to play but are a bit daunting based on the fact I have no clue how long I'd be playing it for.

I beat Atom Zombie Smasher today in about an hour (and without reading any of the things). It has loads of replayability with mods, official modifiers and achievements. I'd highly recommend it, especially if you're on the phone or something.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

americanzero4128 posted:

Heh, ok, your backloggery thing showed it as null and I was like :pwn:

The green N stands for New game. The null is a black N.

I've been working my way through GTA4 and I don't think the story is as terrible as people said. The constant bugging me to date people, go bowling with Roman etc isn't fun and neither is the driving, at all. I just done a race mission for Bruce. It never showed me a map of the course pre-mission nor did it actually give me any indication that I would be racing. This is bad because the car handles like a drunk tramp skidding around with a shopping trolley. If it had been raining it would be an instant fail too.

It's decent when not compared to its predecessors and has an unexpected twist when a woman you are introduced to turns out to be some government agent. This made sense to me since my constant ignoring her left her unphased. I assumed this was related to the poor depth in actual relationships (which it might be) but it fits the story too now.

I'd give it a 3/10 when compared with previous GTA's or a 6/10 when looking at it on its own merits.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
Just got through GTA IV. The game wasn't as bad as I had heard before I played. It's bad in comparison to the PS2 era GTA's and it's main competitor SR3, but judging purely on it's own merits I thought it wasn't too bad.

My complaints are:
1) I agree with all the complaints people have (friends with activities, dreary story, driving in the ran)
2) I never actually knew Nico's story had two parts to it. That the two people he is chasing from the past is a different story from the one with the Eastern European he used to work for. At least I think they are different. The story was confusing.
3) The moral system has no bearing on anything (apart from cameo appearances later as far as I'm aware)
4) "I need money" - no you loving don't. I have $400k+! :qq: my immersion :qq:
5) ENDING SPOILER - "she didn't deserve this you gently caress" yeah well neither did all those people I shot/ran over during this chase Niko

I'd rate it possible around 6.5/10 because everything just wasn't as good as earlier GTA's.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Certainly. Here is my Steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorOfLaws/games?tab=all

Anything with very few hours has never been played. :(

Limbo will only take you a couple of hours at the most and I actually enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Entenzahn posted:

Currently playing:
Europa Universalis III (Steam)

This game will suck so many hours from you if you do get into it. The next part will sound condescending if you are actually experienced with EU3 but it's some tips if you aren't.
    • Start with Castille. It's basically easy mode, particularly if you ally with Portugal and/or Aragon, although conquering one of their lands might be even better. Take Granada first.
    • I'd largely ignore Africa or if you do happen to fully conquer one of them, just vassalize them as the provinces are worthless in the beginning.
    • When getting into battles, have a ratio of 1:2 of cavalry:infantry.
    • If you find yourself fighting France, the best thing you can really do as an inexperienced player would be to go to a border province and when you see French troops incoming, scorch the land and retreat. It'll kill so many of their troops and raise their attrition through the roof.
    • You'll lose loads, or at least screw yourself over but the more you make mistakes, the quicker you learn.

I'm glad I don't have EU3 on Steam or it would show up hundreds of hours, although I can't find my disk any more either. :(