Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
Awesome, this thread has popped up at just the right time. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Here's my list, both steam and 360 games, that I feel like I should complete. In no particular order:

code:
#ST Greed Corp
#ST Darwinia
#ST Eufloria
#ST Overlord
#ST Overlord Raising Hell
#ST Overlord II
#ST Painkiller
#ST Unreal
#ST Titan Quest / Immortal Throne
#ST Unreal 2
#ST HL1
#ST HL: Blue Shift
#ST HL: Opposing Force
#XB Red Dead Redemption
#XB Bayonetta
#XB Shadow Complex
#XB Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Since I just picked up Bayonetta recently, I think I'm going to focus on that first, followed by Brotherhood. I'm kinda bummed that Backloggery registrations are closed; that site seems great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Colon Parenthesis posted:

Please don't just post number of games and how much steam calculator says that is because it provides very little insight to anything and its just like the cycle of posts in the other Steam thread. It is just lowest common denominator posting.

I'm in the middle of playing Dead Space and F.E.A.R. but I don't feel like playing either, which one should I finish first.

If I were you I would wrap up FEAR before Dead Space. I always like to save the deeper games for last.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Devian666 posted:

Majesty gold will take you a long time to get through. I think this thread is getting a bit slow on the updates as I'm assuming people are either spending their time p,aging through games or they've given up already.

It's been a slow burn for me. I hardly have time to play games anymore, and even less time to play them on my own. My go-to singleplayer game has been Bayonetta, but I've been playing Magicka with one of my friends much, much more.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

After beating the main bit of Osmos, I honestly don't think I could care to deal with the Forever level achievements, so on to the next game!

And it it..................CRYSIS (I got Crysis Warhead, but I'll play both I guess)

Nice, I had lots of fun with both of those. It's definitely not hard to play them back to back; it'll probably take you about 10-12 hours.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Faerie Fortune posted:

Anyone have any tips for a first time player?

Don't listen to the people who will inevitably tell you to install a billion mods before you even start the game up. Get a head replacer, the MGE if you want longer view distances, and maybe some texture packs and whatnot if you really feel like it. The game is great on its own, and you should play it vanilla at least for a while so you can get a feel for the game. If there's stuff that's really bothering you, there's most probably (definitely) a mod for it.

As far as the actual game goes, I would recommend that you shy away from a pure magic class for your first character. Also, read some in-game books. The lore is one of the best bits. Other than that, do whatever tickles your fancy.