Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

PandasEVERYWHERE posted:

KOTOR isn't a long game, right? :suicide:

Ingame timer says I finished it in 31 hours (Steam timer says 36 hours). So quite standard RPG I guess. The first planet is boring but it gets much better after that.

Me? Backloggery says there's 131 unfinished games. Currently I'm playing Call of Juarez, Immortal Defense, Aquaria and Dragon Age Origins (all of them are pretty fun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Golashes posted:

Time to start making a dent in this collection. Finished Crysis the other day and I'm going to get working on Warhead next. What should I do after?

I do best with games I can play for 45 minutes or so between classes/during study breaks in case that helps to push in some direction.

Trine is beautiful, fun and easy to grab. Levels are 10-20 minutes each and the game is about 5-7 hours. It's even better if you have 1-2 friends and pads.

cons:
No online multiplayer
Saves only between levels

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Red_Fred posted:

Anyone want to suggest something to me? I feel I should play something that isn't super linear considering the last two games I have played have been this and Metro 2033.

http://www.backloggery.com/redfred

Just Cause 2 is the obvious answer.

Besides that, you've got a ton of great games waiting (Batman AA, Hitman BM, Deus Ex, Half-Life 2 + episodes, Pirates!, Civ IV etc. etc.)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

americanzero4128 posted:

Next up, I think I might try another Ubisoft game, the first Assassin's Creed. Haven't played any in the series, so I might as well start at the beginning.

Just remember that it won't get any better after the first mission. It's an ok game but basically a single mission repeated nine times + (lame) finale. If you get bored, just jump to the second game which keeps the good parts and fixes most of the flaws.

Also, don't do collection missions. There's no rewards.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

gmq posted:

I'm going through my backlog and I'm about to start playing Civ IV (BTS). What would be a good 'beaten' (or 'completed') goal?

Beaten: Win a game
Completed: Win on the hardest difficulty