Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009
So I'm trying to use the steam2backloggery tool and it doesn't give me any errors but it only grabs the 20 games on my wishlist and not any of my actual games. Its not set to private it finds my account ok since its picking up the wishlist. Any idea what could be causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

Oh god, I hope Steam hasn't changed their games page format or something.

gently caress you, Steam, get a proper public API or something. :argh:

What's your Steam community link?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wedoitlive

You can probably see why I want to use your tool. Manually entering would take a while.

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

Yeah, they've changed the page format and the fragile HTML parsing poo poo I use is broken as a result. Time to rewrite this fucker to use XML.

May take a little while between thesis work and Kessler but I'll post it here when it's done.

You are awesome dude take your time though real life crap is way more important then helping lazy bums like myself. You really would think backloggery would make some import tools though. I wouldn't mind if they threw some ads up to make up for the extra work but they don't seem very interested in expanding the site or adding features.

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009
I tried to go back to saint's row 2 after saint's row 3 (thanks like usual to a steam sale) and it was just awful in comparison. Saint's row 3 was freaking awesome though. I'm currently replaying 3 via coop. You don't have to do any side missions if you don't want to though I did a lot of them because they were designed very well compared to 2 to progress. And the story missions are just insane minus a few early tutorial missions that you basically steam through.

ReadMyMind fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 14, 2012

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

:siren: Steam2Backloggery update! :siren:

Get it here as usual. Run bin/steam2backloggery.exe (linux/OSX users: lua steam2backloggery.lua - requires lfs and luasocket).

Worked perfectly. Thanks a lot.

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009
Started using Fortune Cookie on Backloggery to knock out some games.

First game it gave me was Wasteland Angel that I picked up in some random indie pack. I really have nothing nice to say about this game. The controls were bad, it was extremely repetitive, I consistently got stuck on the environment and the boss fights were more frustrating then anything if not really that hard. I wouldn't recommend it at any price even to people who like top down car shooters.

Then it gave me Orcs Must Die which I had gotten halfway done with twice cause I lost my saves twice. Its a good first person tower defense game with great atmosphere and character. I'd recommend it to any TD fans and the only knocks against it are length and lack of multiplayer but at the price you can pick it up for (I think I payed 2.50 or less for it) its a great little game.

Going to try and knock out as many small games as it throws at me and tackle bigger game while I do so cause I still have a ways to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReadMyMind
Aug 31, 2009

Azruelli posted:

I honestly couldn't figure out how to beat the first boss, how the do you do that?? It might be poo poo, but it seems beatable and that alone just makes me want to beat it.

All the bosses have to be beaten with the superweapon you get in their stage first one was the napalm one I believe. Basically just don't get hit by the boss, kill any adds that show up to get their superweapon drops and then spam the napalm around the boss while driving around in circles basically while hoping the boss drives into the superweaon. Its boring as hell, you have to rely on the boss to drive into the superweapons path and each boss ends up being a variation of this cept the last one who you actually get to attack directly but only for a short period. Its a relatively short game but god I just wanted it to end as soon as I saw the game never changes or gets better.