Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm not just a Steam addict, I've bought a LOT of games I've never completed over the years. Way too many, and I'd be happy as a clam if no new must-haves came out for at least a year and if I could just put my life on hold for a while so I could actually play all these drat games I own. Steam's not so bad in that games are cheaper than rentals, so if I get as much playtime out of them as I would a rental, I consider that good enough.

Hell, here's my list of incomplete games for Gamecube alone:
Pokemon Colosseum (bought it for $10, played to the first save point, seemed lovely)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) ($10, never even opened it)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 ($3, played for about five minutes)
Tony Hawk's Underground ($3, played somewhat into it, don't remember how far)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($3, about five minutes)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ($10, first save point)
Super Mario Sunshine ($50, I think about 16 stars? Didn't like it though)
Super Mario Strikers ($10, about 10 minutes)
Viewtiful Joe ($10, but couldn't get past some early stage because it's incredibly hard)
F-Zero GX ($8, only raced a couple of courses)
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ($20, only played the first couple of levels in single player because I've never managed to meet anyone else with a GBA and a link cable)
Killer7 ($10, got a couple of hours in)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ($20, first save point)
Baiten Kaitos ($16, opened but haven't played)

That's just about every single game I own, save for the handful I actually HAVE cleared. I'm open to suggestions, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hello, my name is fishgoat, and I have a problem. I currently have 27 games on steam, having spent almost three hundred dollars I don't have. I have completed zero of those games, unless you count certain multiplayer games.

Wish me luck fair goons. I shall surely need it.

Your not finished list is, for the most part, full of excellent games that are kind of short that you really should finish.

Bioshock's about 16 hours, and I played through it on Hard
Braid's pretty short too, but its length is however long it takes you to solve (or look up the solutions to) each puzzle
Same goes for P.B. Winterbottom
Everybody likes Portal, and it's only about 3-4 hours long
Super Meat Boy's taken me about 14 hours, and I just made it to the last boss last night

Then again that Not Started list doesn't have a single game I wanna play, and I own a few of those.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

How much do you even have to play a game to say you've gotten your money's worth? A lot of my games were less than $3, and I spend way more than that on a single trip to the arcade. I post this because there's no way in hell I'm going to dedicate hours and hours to a game just because it managed to slip in with some bundle or it turned out to be crap. :v:

As for these dollar indie games, if I play 'em once for about 20 minutes, I think I've played it enough to constitute not having wasted the cash. How about you guys?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

americanzero4128 posted:

I'm ready for a new game to play, and I am thinking about playing through Max Payne 1 and 2. How have they aged? Are they still fun? howlongtobeat.com says it's about 7 hours for the first game which is good, I don't want to invest hours of time into a game right now. Around Christmas time I'll have more time and I'm thinking about plowing through an RPG around that time, maybe Neverwinter Nights or Dragon Age: Origins.

A buddy of mine told me that he got Max Payne 2 for Christmas and cleared it before his family was even done opening presents. I believed him. The Max Payne games really can be described as "short and sweet", in that they're both just a few hours long but still manage to be excellent. Personally, I had absolutely no desire to play through either one ever again after I beat them, though. This was about seven years ago, so I really can't say how well they aged.

So yeah, knock those out in a couple of afternoons if you're up for a film noir plot and a day of chugging painkillers while mowing down hundreds of henchman.