Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

haveblue posted:

tTo activate Wifi functionality on this device, a minimum of 1 month data subscription is required.
Wow. So is the wifi only tablet not a segment anyone wants to fight apple for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Unexpected EOF posted:

Weren't the specs confirmed with this having a 32gb SSD, making it overall more expensive than the equivalent iPad model?
The image from best buy indicates "32 gb memory" (little box on the left above the wifi)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
goddammit fishmech

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Godzilla07 posted:

a handful shipped out and it got delayed even more because of the screen or something

and if you updated OTA, I feel bad for you son

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/25/psa-notion-ink-adam-can-be-unbricked-and-heres-the-80mb-fix/

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Hey hey you you, I don't like your phone os
I think you need to :frogout:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
ENTERPRISE SECURITY (redshirts?) is all RIM has*, so you better get your notary public on the phone

*offer not valid anywhere near the indian ocean

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

What is the demand for portable movies? My PSP came with a Spider-Man DVD but I just can't understand who is traveling for 2 hours or more at a time often enough to justify paying for a small-screen movie experience.

I watched a Charlie Chan movie on Netflix while I was getting my car worked on. Even managed to stream it decently on 3G.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

rotor posted:

racist

Weirdly enough, it's not the Chans that're the most racist part of the movie, it's the cowardly black taxi driver they seem to hang out with all the time

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Nice

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Awful

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

fishmech posted:

amazon with prime duh who the heck wants to pay sales tax?
Honest citizens

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Janin posted:

"Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant."
Except you ARE legally obligated to pay the use tax on out of state purchases

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Janin posted:

Wasn't the big deal with the Xoom that it had two cameras, vs the iPad's one?

I know the iPad2 has two, but I thought the iPad1 had one on the back.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+cameras+did+the+iPad+1+have

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Sniep posted:

i actually did.. :( it fit my lana kane hands so nice
TruckasaurusHigh5.gif

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Wood Warder posted:

How does the Kindle beat the iPad in terms of Books you can buy? Isn't there an app for that?

yeah, i love my kindle, but "more access to books" is not something it has over the iPad

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Bobby Digital posted:

All this talk about "lol xoom pwns ipad on specs" has me wondering: is there a benchmark that shows anything but a dead heat between the two or a clear edge to the iPad?

How would you get around accounting for the differences in OS and architecture(?)

also

graph posted:

get out of yospos

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
So uh, what should be the input method for the kindle? Maybe a nice multifunction touchscreen... or perhaps one rocker, and when you want to search for a book or make a notation, you can type it out like an xbox controller.

please, tell me, i'm :allears:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Blutnerd posted:

Even the IYG thread is saying do not buy.
A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

some idiot posted:

will probably sell it for profit/slight loss come summer
:laffo:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Kirk posted:

one of you human being americanos buy it for me and send it my way
I would, but I don't take repayment in bitcoins

Edit: gently caress you bonzo

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Pissflaps posted:

jesus christ
Don't forget, he paid nearly 400 dollars for the thing

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FMguru posted:

You're not kidding, IYG didn't skip a beat. Literally "Big deal, I didn't want stupid old Honeycomb anyway, Ice Cream is almost here and it's going to be soooooo much better!"

Someday, people will figure out that buying an android device on the presumption that there will be a string of awesome software updates for it in the future is a sucker's bet. Until then, the comedy factory will never run out of product.
I was worried Google was letting us down with their laugh factory output. But blammo, they drop this on us. Can't stop lollin

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Twenty-Seven posted:

is that a c/p because if not why the gently caress did you buy a galaxy tab
Oh Christ, here we go

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FMguru posted:

Another shipping container just arrived from the laugh factory (Canadian division).
"The PlayBook runs Android apps, but it does such a lovely job of it that we're not worried about people not making native AIR apps. Once people get a taste of the raw power of Adobe AIR, they'll never look back."

Apple shares are going to hit $750 by the end of next year, with competitors like these.
Lmao, it's completely all about the checkboxes now, isn't it?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Internaut! posted:

fishmech parachute account operating nominally
No way, there's tons of tab users who are very happy with froyo. That's why there's so many new tablets coming out with 2.3

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

graph posted:

:psyduck:
That's a troll, he posted in this thread ffs

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

qirex posted:

"handed an exact blueprint of how a tablet computer should work Motorola and Google were able to produce a more expensive, almost usable buggy piece of poo poo in under a year! Amazing."
Take that crApple!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FMguru posted:

It's an indication of just how far ahead of the pack Apple is, that its competitors are reduced to desperate flop-sweat efforts like this. If they weren't afraid of Apple running away with the whole post-PC market, they wouldn't be running around like chickens with their heads cut off. If Samsung wasn't bone-terrified, they wouldn't be holding press events where they wave around a plastic shell that's supposed to represent their next-gen tablet. If RIM had any idea what they were doing, their CEO wouldn't be reduced to chanting "multicore multicore multicore!" everytime someone asked him what his strategy was.

Meanwhile, Apple just serenely puts out new versions of its market-leading tablet like clockwork, fulfilling a multi-year roadmap, announcing things only when they're ready to ship and then shipping them (mostly) complete and glitch-free. It's like two different worlds.

to be fair, it was a really nicely lit glass case

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Guy LeDouche posted:

More from the Samsung tabailure
How is an inability to produce a nonfunctional prototype to claimed specs the same as faking up testimonials.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

zeroprime posted:

Thanks for choosing Clarity, a content-focused theme by Ian P. Hines. This footer is intended to contain interesting, personalized content about you: the author. To customize the footer, open the 'Customize' page in your Tumblr Dashboard. Then, in the Appearance menu, you'll see a number of editable text fields. Simply input your content, and enjoy.

ALL CONTENT © 2011 – PRESENT JOHN DOE (EXCEPT WHERE NOTED)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
What, they're too good for a headset? Or is that not supported? (lol)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

raruler posted:

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
/

Owns

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hamburglar posted:

I unironnically want to know who the battery broad is.
Kelly brook maybe?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Ryouga Inverse posted:

oh so not releasing the source is a money grab, cool
Honeycomb isn't released yet, so they don't have to release the source -a thing I keep seeing online

Apparently Xooms are OS beta testing hardware?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
No way, the Xoom is great you gu

quote:

I've noticed that on my Xoom as well, also an odd rendering bug in threads with a lot of images where it'll shift everything over to the far right, like it's trying to fit too-big images on the screen.

Blame the forums, not the Xoom, I think.

Yeah websites, get your poo poo together. This browser is perfect!!!!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Unexpected EOF posted:

so is android really so broken that these people need custom themes or is this some rage against jobs thing or some combination of the two
Who needs games when you can just swap custom themes all day long!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

got dat wmd posted:

If this is Gizmodo testing the waters for a crusade against open-source software, they truly will have jumped the shark. I wouldn't put it past them after Matt's ridiculous assault on Consumer Reports for not recommending his favorite model of phone (boo-loving-hoo) or their posting of Bill Gurley's doom-and-gloom analysis of Android, created using a very avante-garde interpretation of abstract concepts like "raw data" and "history." What am I mad about? I'm mad that the wink-and-a-nod to Apple that we're all used to from Gizmodo has turned into unabashed lobbying. I'm mad that instead of trying to write articles that would appeal to a wide variety of readers, Matt feels compelled to pump out something like this. Seriously, why even bother? Is this the kind of thing you'd submit with an application as a sample of your work, Matt? Let that be the measuring stick by which you determine if your idea deserves to be brought to life.
he mad

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

The Management posted:

please add all homescreen pics posted in that thread to fugly android
Agreedo

Although I saw some in the thread that managed to not have two clocks on the lock screen

A loving Christmas miracle

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Internaut! posted:

snoipe

goalposts, warp factor 9
it's not even fragmented you guys!! -the same people, last week

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I want to be able to install my own SMS sounds

Notice how noone says "I want the browser to stop crashing" or "I want a barometer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

fishmech posted:

- sent from firefox mobile on my galaxy tab

Keep on fishmechin'