Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

z0ratio posted:

wanna cross her DMZ :twisted::rms:

itd be a litteral thing too cause that chicks got more issues than a magazine stand guaranteed

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Janin posted:

I'm not claiming it's been unsuccessful, merely that it's not useful.

Name one thing a tablet form factor gets you? Especially considering its numerous negatives:

1. no keyboard = no typing more than a paragraph

2. compact and small = very hot

3. fragile, exposed screen = have to buy a separate protective case, bag, etc

4. hideously expensive

i can sit in my reclining sofa, use the case to stand the ipad up in landscape mode on my chest about 5 inches away, its great (my laptop is heavier and scrolling with the track pad kinda hurt my wrist cause the angle was awkward)

then on the train ride to/from work i have something that doesnt make me squint like a phone with being a bulky laptop (which id have to tether for 3g access)

also this thing doesnt get warm ever ever ever i dunno what youre talking about

all in all this thing has been by far the best thing for vegetative media consumption and totally worth the 650 or whatever i paid for it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
why i have an ipad and a desktop

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Carrier posted:

korea

daehanmingook

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

tTo activate Wifi functionality on this device, a minimum of 1 month data subscription is required.

ahaha no loving way

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
running Microsoft Windows DS

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

what is this posted:

you can't use both screens at the same time. they just switch veerrrrrry quickly and literally freeze whatever image is on the last screen you touched

haha are you loving kidding me

i thought we left horrible hacks like that back with early 80s arcade games

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
return their device?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
idk ive gotten an awful lot of mileage out of the crosswords app on my ipad so

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i take it that also means it registers taps by checkng both screens very fast

so a fast tap has a fifty fifty chance of registering

god old graying 2600 programmers must be creaming themselves over this

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
nah long as you put a fan over it at night you're good

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
on my old razr i had the bridge from crackers "euro-trash girl" cause it rocks, now ita just the iphone ohone ring sound

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
yes but copying apple clearly doesnt work, theyre behind android now which means apple are LOSERS

*ignores fact that android sales arre split among like 200 companies*

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
gotta pay for that super bowl commercial somehow

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
lmao page got pulled someone gonna get frired edit n/m still up best buys website sucks

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
gonna go out on a limb here and say the verison iphone 4's design was finalized by feb 1 but i could be wrong!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
seriously fishmech if you wanted to call out apple faggots for lmao vaporware all you had to say was "white iphone 4"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

fishmech posted:

or "a working finder"

"serious gaming potential"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Janin posted:

Description: android marketing.jpg

Hello-Hitler.flv

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
who needs facebook when you have ping

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

graph posted:

:allears:

YOSPOS: has an insanely high recidivism rate

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

things 2 do with a touch tablet:
watch a video in bed
read a book/web in bed/while watching tv
also crosswords tablets are great for crosswords

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Candyland Elements

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
yeah if you buy it youll be free of orwellian oppression

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cant wait for IPAD 3D

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
god i hate IPA

both the horrid pronunciation code and the pale ales

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

rotor posted:

gently caress yes

i guess here in yospos you could call that... GNU/Metal :rimshot:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

multigl posted:

You see rotor you're wrong because of yjgjhbjvhf j gjhvhjbjkn
Jknlm
Knhjb uihiuhkiniljli mln ihoijlijlnoinjkl
norwegian for "let's burn a church"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Atasi posted:

tbf this also describe mac users circa osx 10.0
e and systems 8 and 9

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Janin posted:

android will never have netflix, due to licensing/drm constraints

um, i beg to differ. you see,

Myrddin Emrys posted:

You can do Netflix on Android, it's just a bit hacky. It requires PlayOn media server running on your home machine - once you sync it up on local wifi, you can stream hulu, netflix, home video files, or things like TBS over 3G or 4G connections (or other wifi connections that aren't your local).

However that requires PlayOn running at all times on your home machine, and PlayOn costs a bit. I already had it, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend people use it. I just wanted you to know there is an option, at least.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Glumwheels posted:

woah, so much easier than a dedicated channel on the 3DS

why do i get this feeling nintendo is only gonna let you use netflix to watch veggie tales and strawberry shortcake

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

what is this posted:

That doesn't mean an app developer won't swoop in and and save the commoners with a more general e-mail app
that doesn't but the fact that your messianic app developer has to be loving notarized sure as hell does

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

rotor posted:

Known Issues: Your Motorola Xoom is broken. As a workaround, please use one of your other devices that works instead.

no silly you just need to use the device music player instead of the device media player

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
grasp them straws

This week, the Opera web browser became the first non-native browser made available in Apple's Mac App Store. While Apple approved the browser, it still managed to hurt its competitor by putting this ridiculous label on it: "You must be at least 17 years old to download this app."
Opera has reacted in good humor. "I'm very concerned," Jan Standal, VP of Desktop Products for Opera Software, said in a statement. "Seventeen is very young, and I am not sure if, at that age, people are ready to use such an application. It's very fast, you know, and it has a lot of features. I think the download requirement should be at least 18."

The company then offered a workaround for those under 17: just visit opera.com and download it yourself. "We do not ask for your age or your credit card number," an Opera spokesperson pointed out. "Please, get your parents' permission before using this browser."

Remember the big hoopla around Apple blocking alternative browsers on iOS? Cupertino finally had to give up because the legal system got involved. On the Mac, Apple couldn't simply block third-party browsers from the platform because they've been available for years. Still, the company wanted to make Opera look worse than Safari, and this is apparently the company's solution.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Unexpected EOF posted:

you have to be happy with the company's aggressive upgrade of the iPad

lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
how many tabs were sold outside of corea

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
they said they weren't even gonna sell the 10" tab in the states

that's how much a hit the 7" was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ryouga Inverse posted:

also is that opera thing actually news? i thought that opera already had a browser on ios, that one that proxied through their servers because you can't have a js execution engine

or did apple decide that third party browsers are now allowed to embed code interpreters for some reason?
this is the Mac app store not the iOS one