Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

my job gave me a top of the line blackberry bold. the thing doubles up characters randomly while i'm typing. it's slow as gently caress. it's locked up a couple of times on me and I've had to reboot it. i dunno if oyu guys know this but blackberries have a three finger salute. it's alt-shift-del.

wanna throw this in a landfill it's worse than useless. i can't even type a message without spending half the time backspacing and retyping because this pos can't even do hardware keyboard input right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

i suggested to my boss that maybe with all the poo poo rim is going through that we should switch to using iphones and he looked at me like madness was pouring out of my mouth

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Metrication posted:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

toby posted:

cjs: takin the afternoon off :c00l:

:hellyeah: gonna slack off. wish i had some scotch left...hr isn't in today

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Number19 posted:

:hellyeah: gonna slack off. wish i had some scotch left...hr isn't in today

thankfully i'm at home now and i'm sippin' on some kraken rum. thanks yospos for the recommendation :tipshat:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

hey janin stop posting

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 posted:

quality snipe

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Number19 posted:

hey janin stop posting

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

it's sony so you'll need a memory stick pro vita duo mini or whatever...only $99 extra!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

newreply.php posted:

flick the lil' switch for an extra 256 mb!

what you want to use all 512mb at once? well you can't you see because...

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

a coworker here wanted to get a tablet for whatever reason and really liked the asus transformer. i tried to persuade him to just get an ipad and thought i'd succeeded

yesterday he asked me to help him get his new tablet on the office wifi. i came over and he had the transformer and the dock. he already had the wifi password but it wouldn't connect. i tried to use it but the ui was a mess and i couldn't find anything

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

maybe the name andypad is too embarrassing even for google

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

haveblue posted:

the only time an ios device should be rebooted is when itunes does it automatically during a system update it prompted you to do

the only other time i've had to reboot my iphone is when words with friends fucks up and doesn't set the volume for whatever music i'm playing at the time back to normal whenever it's done playing a sound

it's made by zynga so i am way more willing to blame them for being poo poo than ios

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

poty posted:

this has happened to my iphone 4 a couple of times and its off warranty :ohdear:

take it to the apple store they might fix it anyways

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

iphone 5 gonna have a light in the home button that gently pulses or something when you have a notification

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

it's the perfect spot too because it's like the phone is telling you "hey, if you want to see what's going on just push that glowing button"

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

i think it's more likely that whomever did the marketing for that samsung player decided to use the iphone maps app for some reason. kind of like when there were ios icons in a samsung display.

still a big fuckup tho

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

NotShadowStar posted:

so i learned today that if you take a picture with a droid x (or any gingerbread android) and the storage is full, the phone hard locks.

seriously.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-audio-video/28715-solve-camera-freezing-issue.html

:xd:

i'd ask how this is even possible in 2011 but then i remembered it's a linuxphone

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The Kins posted:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Chajusong posted:

someone should probably tell that guy that the Galaxy Nexus has a higher resolution screen than iPhone 4 but is using scrub quality pixels

gonna lol if there's a noticeable screen-door effect on those displays

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

FCKGW posted:

Having using a Samsung Galaxy, yes, once you see the screen door effect you can't un-see it.

It's garbage

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Bulgakov posted:

:aslol: adapters who needs em!!

oh man look at all those ios icons

and the ethernet jack bump

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

reallyprettymad posted:

lmao yah right how about this:
- anazon releases fire
- people realize its way better than apple ibad
- appel goes bankrupt trying to catch up to android

:smugdroid:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kirk posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://i.imgur.com/USgCI.png

how do these things keep getting made?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kirk posted:

- 3G status
- the fact that the status bar is there at all

still can't believe they kept the status bar on a screen that small

hmm, we have a really small screen and space is at a premium. we could hide the status bar...nope, need to see your signal strength and battery charge at all times

and an extra clock

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Barack Pwnbama posted:

heres a picture of me at work showing john my new samsung galaxy 3 android 5.0 jello pudding pop phone w/ stylus

that's a nice keyboard/monitor dock for your phone. do they use a cable to connect to it?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

all my wife's friends and family are dirt poor and it owns when they come over and see all our nice stuff while they have $1000 cars that barely run and stuff.

that being said we're still good about it and help them out whenever we can because what's the point of money if you don't use it not only to help yourself but your friends and family too?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Endless Mike posted:

must be a slow day over at the modo

http://gizmodo.com/5855236/november-1st-and-ios-5-hasnt-fixed-the-fcking-1-on-the-iphones-calendar

*writes 500 words sperging about a number being a few pixels off-center*

by Jesus Diaz

you posted an article by Jesus Diaz

:stare:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

owenkun posted:

i trust google to give me a good experience.

lol

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Proteus4994 posted:

Most normal/non-techy people think this. They use Gmail and Google Earth and Google Search and think Google's a great company who always gives a great experience. If you ask them about Buzz or Wave or whatever, they're gonna go "What's that?"

i dunno...every normal i know thinks google is poo poo

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

fleshweasel posted:

it's like they think there's a loving magic word they will stumble on eventually that will make people buy their phone

there is

it's iphone

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

BonzoESC posted:

The second one doesn't even use the phone's full name, the "Samsung Galaxy S™ ll, Epic™ 4G Touch." http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...=dt_phones&ptn=

Edit: oops the "Samsung Epic™ 4G" and "Samsung Galaxy S™ ll, Epic™ 4G Touch" are actually different: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...=dt_phones&ptn=

nope...confusing our customers about our product lines isn't a problem at all

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kirk posted:

maybe he has an iphone 4 already

this is me. iphone 4 is still kicking rear end so i'll wait for the 5 to upgrade

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

lol what

how can anyone gently caress up this bad :staredog:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Internaut! posted:

there's a little bit of whitespace left on your status bar you should turn on the battery percentage display

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Internaut! posted:

hey if you can tell me how to get rid of the carrier, play arrow and location services arrow I'm :allears:

who cares maybe you should just not worry about it?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

BiohazrD posted:

so a coworker had an android and it has an app called car dock

it's supposed to launch an app when you put your phone in a magnetic dock but instead it does it when you put it near any magnet

or any metal

or just any time it feels like it

you can't uninstall it, but you can pay money for an app that replaces what program is triggered to an app that runs and then automatically closes

ladies and gentlemen, android

:stare:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

a big part of apple's success is image control. apple displays in stores are consistent and everything in them always works. their stores are always well staffed and the staff is very courteous

my iphone had a problem and i booked an appointment to get it looked at. this step is important as it ensures that the customer doesn't feel rushed when explaining their problem. i wasn't able to reproduce the problem (the home button sometimes doesn't register or will register twice when pressed once) but the apple employee replaced my phone anyways. keeping me happy as a customer was worth more than trying to wiggle out of dealing with my problem.

i seriously felt valued as an apple customer and the experience was pleasant which is the complete opposite of dealing with my carrier or a big box store. when i buy an ipad i'm getting it at the apple store without a doubt.

that kind of image control is one of the big reasons they're killing everyone else. their margins are good enough that they can afford to spend the extra money on their image and it really shows.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

it's time to get a firing squad and line all these "investment expert" assholes up against the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

internet celebrity posted:

I like how Apple is pissing and moaning in the courts about someone else making a rectangular black tablet instead of improving their product enough to make the competition obsolete. Real winner's attitude there.
android's doing a great job of making it's own tablets obsolete before they even come out

what's funny is that people don't get it at all. apple doens't need to sue to win, but you press every competetive advantage you can. part of running a successful business is loving over your competitors in every which way you can.

then again, gbs and iyg v:shobon:v