Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Autism Sundae posted:

It's BYOB time!

hahahaaha yes byob the forum that bought half the lovely emotes we live with now so what's 10bux :am::protarget::wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

also cashmere sweaters and mac makeup arent cheap

:v:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Someone Will Purchase This

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

maybe like 6-7 hours of solid use before it will shut down by itself
mixed games/video/web browsing/phonetalkin

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

with Others increasing at a rate of 68% YoY Others is bound to overtake Nokia in a matter of 8 years. To be certain, Others is one to watch out for this year, as their stock makes moves on Nokia. Make no mistake, Nokia's partnership with fledgeling microsoft, with it's decreasing market presence, is sure to be doomed. Smart eyes are on Apple too, the strongest showing this year with the exception of newcomer Google.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Unexpected EOF posted:

Dude, $10 and up a bottle isn't fancy.

no poo poo, but there's also some real good stuff down around that price sometimes. :3

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

srs i would like a stylus sometimes for capacitive to make tiny little drawings on the tiny little screen like a pen instead of fingerpainting it like a child in kindergarten

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the ipad
a comptuer that saved us from our computers

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

gonna say its because all other tablets tried before then failed because of stylus/physical keyboard/hinge/windows

which of these are not needed to use an ipad

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Shaggar posted:

this the keyboad im using right now and it owns pretty good.

the mouse was also the best mouse i've ever had but it died (rip good mouse :911:)

YOUR LOGITECH MX MOUSE BATTERIES ARE RUNNING LOW

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

havent looked at this one yet
reminds me of sumopaint

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

fishmech posted:

heres some trendz they're a bit problematic since it won't put up old versions for before a new version came out but w/e

What is orang

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

BonzoESC posted:

opera

opera was never as high as the lowerst point orange dips :xd:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

<3 airvideo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

so much fuss!
i just click thing and another thing and my phone is showing a video from my pc anywhere
or a music
jeez

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

fishmech posted:

http://youtube.com

cool but my Video Library of Videos isnt all on there

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Kirk posted:

yo this aint true

what, mkv? theora? ogm?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

idealism aside the real world still uses poo poo browsers and you'll have to deal with it

by making it work

so dealw ith it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

huawei? who ah we indeed

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dolomite posted:

here honey, don't lose this stylus among your crayons

looks like it's running sketchbook or artrage or some ripoff
perfectly fine use of stylus

e: except its probably not pressure sensitive so gently caress that

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

that whiny ipad dude probably thinks apple already has china cranking out iphone 6 too.

loving crapple

and about that GM electric car,

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

it would be kind of nice if there was a stylus that you could use when you wanted but it was a passive screen. most of the time it's not necessary but who wants to write with their fingers

I guess they sell iPad styluses so someone has already thought of it

HP made tablet pcs (convertible) with active digitizers and I believe it had passive, as well, though resistive. It knew when the pen was nearby and would turn off the resisitve part. (from memory, but I'm sure this is correct)

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

oh ok same quality but you're kind of defending
having to change out a little battery vs inductive powering
penabled wacom tablets from 2003 still used inductive
and it came with a emergency stylus the size of smartphone stylii

so there isnt much excuse

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Internaut! posted:

they were $1k+ devices and far worse digitizers than $99 Wacom Bamboos

ok for drawing supply demand diagrams in econ class which is what they were designed for

shame. i loved the toshiba m200 but it can't do wm7 or really any graphical stuff with its 32mb FX5200M loool

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

From the desk of Eli Hodapp

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

hodapp is io_burn on SA btw

oh you're not kidding, it's in the flickr url

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

a loving red deck? "hello i am literally 13 years old"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how muich are all those cards worth, anyway?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how long ago was "last time"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

FMguru posted:

Another shipping container just arrived from the laugh factory (Canadian division).

quote:

Research In Motion officially announced today that its forthcoming BlackBerry PlayBook tablet would support Android apps.

(No, not apps for the new Android 3.0 "Honeycomb" designed for tablets, but old Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" apps, designed for phones.)

When asked why anyone would ever bother developing for RIM's own platform again if they could just make Android apps that would also work on RIM devices, co-CEO Jim Balsillie didn't make it sound like his heart was all-in on Android.

He basically said that the Android support is there to check off the "tonnage of apps" box -- so that RIM can say that tens of thousands of Android apps are compatible with their devices, for people who get excited about those things.

Meanwhile, he said that anyone interested in high performance apps, gaming, etc., will want to make custom PlayBook apps via the new QNX software developers kit.
"The PlayBook runs Android apps, but it does such a lovely job of it that we're not worried about people not making native AIR apps. Once people get a taste of the raw power of Adobe AIR, they'll never look back."

Apple shares are going to hit $750 by the end of next year, with competitors like these.

Hey RIM? Yeah, you've got a call on line 4, someone by the name of OS/2?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

fishmech posted:

theres been like 2 or 3 yosposters already who had an android phone on verizon or at&t, swore they were gonna get an iphone when their contract was up, and then just got a new android phone. graph is one of them

i wanted to make a joke about sunk costs in apps making them stay on their current platform but ARE there so many android apps to buy to influence a decision this way???

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

does android fruit ninja at least smoothly animate? i didn't like it but it was slick+polished.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

im the clip on desk fan
seen any Koreans???

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I bet n.Koreans would be scared of fans too but mostly because they haven't seen something move by itself they couldn't eat

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Did someone say... BALLPIT?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Gonna get a lab/collie cross and set him loose it the google hq.
He's gonna run around herding all the spergs into a corner until they pet him lots

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

notMordecai posted:

Back on topic: Android rules, apple droolz. I love being able to stream the 10,300+ songs I just uploaded to Google Music on my phone, tablet, and all the computers in the house. Enjoy ur poison Apple iTardz.

i can do this without uploading a bajillion songs :3

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

do u read a lot?
they are better for extended reading than tablets but you'd better read enough

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

go for it i would buy one but i love the poo poo out of physical books too much. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

acer iconia: only nonshameful androidpad??
im here at a store with like 20 pads.
its the only one that doesnt stutter and frame skip sliding the icons around
If I saw someone using it id be disappointed but I could respect they made a good choice in terms of android pads

e:rubbing the edge makes it shake and shudder, a reaction most users of this won't recognize