Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips
xoom is pretty nice hardware wise but honeycomb is mad buggy even now and will be shipped with mondo bugs probably. should make for good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

i bet the sales tactic for andorod phones is basically to tell some girl or grandma that its like iphone/ipad but cheaper. then: 16% return rate

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

It's BYOB time!

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Sneaking Mission posted:

:rms::rms::rms::rms2::rms:

Reported.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Nice... excellent tablet for Byob browsing, and hot [and only 800 dollars]

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

haha did you blow your whole allowance on it fatso german dude

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

i was probably struck down by a troon.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

only 1200 dollars + have to pay for 3g to get wifi to work? andorod is truly free.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

vegeta! what does best buy say about the tablet price *clip of sony executive shouting RIIIDGE RAAACER*

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

executive: lets price our cool andodroid tablet at $1k because tablets are taking over for laptops anyway. put lots of stupid poo poo there too just like in all alptops

*months later* why isnt this selling

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

lets see. will people choose a second generation of a very popular easy to use device that costs 500-600 dollars and has a library of tens of thosands of apps.. or a 1k widescreen tablet with poo poo battery life and a total app count of 8.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

hp seriously has the best ipad2 competitor tablet right now if they can keep it below 600 bucks and get some people to make apps for it

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

broken sdcard covers and loose screws out of the box; 170F battery while charging and dust under the screen after a week; plastic bleaches and cracks after a month; cheap lowest-bidder RoHS solder ruins all GPU connections and turns it into a brick after 12 months 1 day. you'll get a grand total of $28.77 via check from the class action lawsuit, which you will use to buy a bottle of whiskey to drown the sorrow induced by your stupid, stupid purchasing decision

i had a few hp laptops and cant say there were too bad but never had them for more than 6-8 months

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

aplle: *spends money on building factories and infrastructure and securing critical components at low price*
samsung: *spends money on dumb rear end gay teens in fur hats*

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

qirex posted:

like you'd have to keep a straight face in a meeting when your boss' boss' boss says "I think we need to add social networking features to our sewage control system" because otherwise you'll get fired

and thats how facebook started *huge speakers playing cotton eye joe [techno mix] rise up from the floor and fireworks explode behind me*

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

youll be able to buy nokia for the price of a combo meal soon

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

FMguru posted:

One of my favorite things about Apple is that they don't call attention to any of this. It's perfectly fine with them if people want to keep thinking they just sell overpriced trinkets to a cult of kool-aid drinking hispter douchebags, and that their success is entirely due to "marketing" and "Steve Jobs' RDF".

would be cool to see some stats on apples marketing impact vs competition because im sure their ads sell a lot more product than retarded videos about jugglers/robot spiders/everybody gettin on/fat pumpy dudes being windows 7

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

hardware keyboard is like a pocket protector+braces on your phone

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

i type faster on my iplod douche than on my bluckberry but i sees tons of people on the subway with chocophones with flip out keyboards, it's like SideKicks still rule some subcultural segment of society

"urbans"

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

oh cool let me get a tablet with a stylus in the year of our lord 2011

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

$600 for a tablet with buggy os and no apps or same money for ipad 2 in like 2 months. hard choic

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Janin posted:

I know you guys are just quoting dumb engadget commenters but trying to parse these posts is still making blood come out my ears

on the plus side you might die

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

ive never seen anyone use a widnows tablet irl

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

get this def for $800

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

act 1: holy shti! theres a tablet from apple? haha it sux
act 2: ok i guess people like it? lets pretend we dont care
act 3: uh people like it a lot lets make something like it
act 4: alright heres a thing!
act 5: we dont have an operating system for thing
act 6: lets use a poo poo phone os from gogle. its free
act 7: why cant we sell thing
act 8: gogle making a new tablet os and its poo poo and has no apps. lets use that
act 9: why cant we sell thing

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

could goon fishmech even possibly get more gay and dumb

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Ayo guys, Chevrolet SHitbox is a better car because it sells more than Audi A6. This has been my opineon *reads a lot of yaoi*

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

If there's anything life has taught me, Goon Fishmech, during my extensive browsing of Wikipedia and Yaoi Web Ring, is that people always - Always - buy one thing and never anything else. Chew on that Crapple.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

really enjoying my zoom table here guys.. i can do cool stuff like browse web and then check mail and browse web. riveting

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Janin posted:

cell providers: lets preload Avatar on new phones; nerds love avatar

I wish I were making that up. T-Mobile actually ships their Vibrants with a FULL HD copy of Avatar. Just in case, what, I was stranded in the middle of the desert and wanted to watch two catpeople hairfuck?

But 3MB of fonts, oh no, can't have that.

what kind of moron retard watches a movie more than once

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

yo cool news from labs of N. Erd Gaylord: overclocked watercooled xoom table runs gmail at 5.55 ghz.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

thank g-d i can overclock my table to run this game at higher resolution and fps with better graphic. oh wait i cant because its not a pc but a gaywad thing you use to check calendar and fling red bird at wood repeatedly

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Just a reminder that its fairly loving funny to read your posts wile I do many cool things with my Xom tablet such as check email and not looks at flash websites.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Kirk posted:

oi a chav fancied me homeschool n taught me bout jesus wot wot

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

yo apple just sell me the god drat ipad 2 already

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

saying that card metaphor should be exclusive to one os is as dumb as saying the window metaphor should be exclusive

the rim guy is right because people do come up with similar solutions and eventually the best ones are those that remain so given enough time you end up with generally identical ui concepts

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

android designers came up with a cool idea to put multiple desktops in os with no file system which is not retarded at all

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

hey cool let's compare a platform that's been out for a year to one that's been out two weeks

iPad still sucks balls on apps compared to iPhone

Hey cool, let's compare two things that compete with each other. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

they can still make an app that isnt website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

ah, 3d rendering in maps, useful for common use cases such as "wondering how tall that building is in relation to other nearby buildings"