Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nubile Cactus
Aug 1, 2004
I am a cactus. :)
Also looks like they will be releasing a 750G with wireless built in soon as a sort of more advanced home AP. Should be pretty awesome once it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nubile Cactus
Aug 1, 2004

HangOverDeMayo posted:

Where did you see this?

I'm definitely not a professional but like to try messing with networking gear. I'll probably get a 750G just to start messing around with when I can but I am curious if it's possible to create a consumer-type gateway/router/switch. One with a GigE wan port and 4 GigE ports for the switch but I would also want dual radios for wireless. What would I be looking at to do this with the routerboards?

Also, how does upgrading the OS work?

They posted about it back in 09. E-mailed them recently. They said it was in development but they could share no more details.

Nubile Cactus
Aug 1, 2004
Looks like the microtik mum is coming up on the 10th. Fingers crossed for a more consumerish 750g wireless model.