Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
drat, should be a good match, wish I could watch it. Federer will take this I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Federer :unsmith:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Motherfucker had me worried at times in the second set but he pulled it out. I hope he carries this into the world tour finals and then into next year.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Hoping for a Barclays championship for Roger to finish the year strong.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
Nice Roger. Here comes #17 next year.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Federer is still a beast and I wish all those "he's done and should just retire" - clowns would shut up.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

I will be very sad when Federer does retire, he is good to have for the sport.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Son of a bitch. Federer is drawn with Nadal, Tsonga, and Fish in the Tour Finals. This is nearly the worst group he could have gotten since none of those are guaranteed wins except Fish if he's still hurt.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
It's the Tour Finals. The top 8 in the world. None of them are guaranteed wins anyways.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Miko posted:

It's the Tour Finals. The top 8 in the world. None of them are guaranteed wins anyways.

Fish in the Top 8 is one of those things if you had told me 1+ years ago would happen I would have just laughed in your face.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So the WTF is starting like now. Court according to Roger is faster than last year which is kind of awesome since it seemed decently fast last year. Roger against Tsonga is a hell of a starter singles match.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

I could've bought a court side ticket for this match, but instead I'm sitting at home doing my laundry and listening to Tim Henman's horrible commentary. That'll teach me to procrastinate.

Fed looking good at the moment, probably best placed to win this tournament.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Well that was a quick set.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So this has suddenly turned into a bit of a bad situation for Federer. He seems to be getting pushed around a lot more and can't seem to buy a first serve.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Yeah, except Federer won :smug:
It was a weird match nonetheless, Tsonga seemed to get a bit nervous in the last game and just tried to blast the ball as hard as he could but it didn't work out, heh.

It's always nice to see Roger win, but I hate it when he plays nice guys like Tsonga.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Never seen someone call the trainer before the first actual point of the match before. It seems wrong to call that unsportsmanlike but it seems a little bad if you aren't the one serving first.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Ferrer was pretty sportmanslike in his defeat of Murray today. At one point in the second set he gifted Murray a replay of a first serve by declaring a broken ball.

During the match Murray aggravated a groin injury, so he's deciding whether he can continue the tournament tomorrow. Would be a shame if he couldn't play a couple more games in front of a home crowd.

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

Are any of these matches televised events in the US? Or must one resort to an online stream to enjoy them?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Tennis Channel is showing all of them if you have that.

So it seems that Murray has pulled out of the event with a groin injury. That sucks for someone that was supposed to be one of the top favorites but it does open the door for Tipsarevic which is cool.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

I never thought I'd ever see Mardy Fish or Janko Tipsarevic playing at a World Tour Finals event.

I'd probably laugh at the suggestion 2 years + ago.

Echoes
Aug 27, 2008
Does anyone have a working stream for Federer Nadal, really want to watch this match and it annoys me that the BBC only have the rights to stream the afternoon match.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Echoes posted:

Does anyone have a working stream for Federer Nadal, really want to watch this match and it annoys me that the BBC only have the rights to stream the afternoon match.

I'm watching this one: http://www.livescorehunter.ro/streams/1/lshro3.html

It skips a bit and is about a minute behind, but it's the best I could find.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Watching these two play is dreamy. :allears:
The break point rally was insane.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

ESPN3 not working for this match?

Mandoira
Jul 27, 2003

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.

ChaosReaper posted:

Working fine for me

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

C'mon Roger! :unsmigghh:

Edit: Hell yeah, immediate break in the second set.

charismaslover fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 22, 2011

Hijinkz
Apr 11, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ChaosReaper posted:

Running great for me so far.

Fed looking awfully good. Don't wanna jinx him or anything, but with Murray out, Djoker hurting and Nadal not so sharp, it's really Fed's tournament to lose.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

This is turning into a full out rear end whipping. Making the mistake of reading the tennis.com real time chat thing and it's just awful.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Oh man :flashfap:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

When was the last time he's done this for an entire match to Nadal? I mean the last set of the final last year was kinda like this but this feels like way worse for Nadal.

Hijinkz
Apr 11, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Fed converting break points with ease against Rafa? what is the world coming to?

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Federer should just retire...oh wait.

Hijinkz
Apr 11, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ChaosReaper posted:

When was the last time he's done this for an entire match to Nadal? I mean the last set of the final last year was kinda like this but this feels like way worse for Nadal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federer%E2%80%93Nadal_rivalry#Singles

Looks like 2007 Shanghai SF, 6-4, 6-1 (also can't believe I've forgotten there used to be a time when Fed almost evened up his h2h...)

Oh god, a delicious bagel coming up...

Mandoira
Jul 27, 2003

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.
drat Roger's looking good

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Amazing performance by Roger.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

That was just awesome to watch.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
God drat Roger. That was loving impressive.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

I'll be damned, didn't even know they were playing tonight. I'll enjoy those highlights!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Holy poo poo, Roger. That was filthy. :silent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

God apparently Murray's group spot is cursed. He goes out with an injury and Tipsarevic ended his match with Berdych falling down and then limping. I was rooting for Tipsarevic but he couldn't pull it out in the end.

• Locked thread