Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.
My experiences with a K90 (previous paint job of Federer's current racquet):

I've used the Wilson K90 for about three years and it is clearly less forgiving than a larger player's racquet. Hitting with a midplus seems to even out the timing imperfections on your shots: With the K90 there's a much bigger difference between striking the ball sweetly, which is like heaven, and timing the ball imperfectly, where it will often drop very short.

I have no doubt that if I with my K90 were to play against a clone of myself with a midplus the clone with the midplus would win most of the time.

Both Djokovic and Nadal use racquets with 100sq inch heads. Taking huge swings with powerful racquets and spin friendly strings is the future of tennis. I love Federer so it pains to see him being left behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.
Yes very likely

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Hijinkz posted:

Hey hey, show some respect to the "21 year old wild card dude"! Dude's name is Kei Nishikori, and he's the highest ranked Japanese player of all time. He's real talented, plays smart and very likely a future top 10 player.

He also made me an instant fan with this awesome play a few years ago when he upset James Blake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YuKruexcE

This happens quite a lot in amateur tennis around here. I think it's more effective because amateur guys have significantly worse footwork

• Locked thread