Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The third act to me (gameplay spoilers?) almost felt like it turned the world from the first two acts into an open world JRPG. There's much less overarching story for the most part, but the final boss is so brutally difficult that you'll need to scrape together every tool in the game to stand a chance. Or, y'know, do The Thing that makes the fight easier, but that's less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Don't do act 3 because some goon told you it's The True Ending. Do do act 3 because it's some of the best content in the game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ofecks posted:

What's "Simplygon"? I'm guessing a middleware engine?

Yeah, it's middleware for generating LOD assets.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

unattended spaghetti posted:

Just crashing through the wall of this thread to say I want XII info.

In light of the latest Final Fantasy I'm p curious to see what they mean by darker tone.

My suspicion is they're doing a modern "back to our roots" reimagining of the series a la Breath of the Wild or RE7, which would probably imply a world in which the villain has basically already won. I'd be very surprised if it actually gets anywhere close to FF16 (or really most FFs) in tone.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

David Szymanski Presents: Dragon Quest XII

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

In Training posted:

FF hasn't been turn based since like. Ff3? It would be pretty wild if DQ dropped turns after sticking to format for 30+ years.

FFX is the latest mainline strictly turn based FF, for whatever that's worth. Personally I would not be surprised to see something akin to FF7R with an actual "classic mode" that makes the game strictly turn based (but is off by default)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I maintain my stance that DQ1 is the best phone pooping game ever made

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I don't remember the full details but I know I farmed up to level 99 in the final act 3 dungeon by exploiting Erik's Critical Claim ability against Metal King Slimes.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

In Training posted:

This sucks man. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mustached Demon posted:

Sylvando is the greatest jrpg character ever made.