Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

The Machine posted:

Ok, I preordered Dragon Quest Heroes because I am a bad person.

I liked Hyrule Warriors so much, and Heroes seems different but similarly good.

I think pre-ordering this one makes you a good and decent human being, since who knows if they're factoring pre-orders into their decision of if we ever get more Dragon Quest over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

BadAstronaut posted:

Pre-orders, or actual sales numbers?

Couldn't tell you one way or the other, but I don't believe in taking chances when more English Dragon Quest is on the line.

e:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think Square ever said that Dragon Quest Heroes sales will factor into their decision to bring over future DQ titles to the west.

...but they never denied it either.

They didn't say that future games will DEPEND on it, but that it will certainly factor into their decision.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/6/8902491/more-dragon-quest-games-could-come-to-north-america-if-dragon-quest

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 10, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

They basically remade the entire game and also made it much less of a slog, AFAIK.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Seems to be the case, yeah.

Also DQ7 is loving HUUUUGE

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

In Training posted:

Who's excited for Dragon Quest Heroes tomorrow!!!

I am! Gonna hopefully stream it a bunch and record a proper video about it this week. Also I'm going to play the absolute poo poo out of it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I wonder how hard it is to get hold of a DQ7 PSX disc. I know I used to own it a thousand years ago, but at this rate, I'll never be able to play the game on a more modern system. I guess it'd still be called Dragon Warrior...

...oh well shucks, it's a steal at 139.99

That's for new. You can get it used for $40.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

The only major complaints I have is that it takes an hour or two to really get going (around the end of Caliburgh), the shop/alchemy interface is kinda bad (Seriously? I can only get one thing at a time?), and kill quests can seriously gently caress off.

And I kinda regret choosing the male MC.

Can you ever use the other MC if you don't choose them?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kiryl and Alena are so so good.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I want the DQM remakes so so bad.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's very very good and fun.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm about 5 hours in and it's still really awesome.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'll gladly trade any future Kingdom Hearts games for more Dragon Quest titles.

Would also accept erasing past ones from history to get more of these.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Harlock posted:

No Gabo No Buy

Gotta save people for sequels, especially if they're doing new things instead of just adding onto past games.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Vinchenz posted:

Well I bought the PS4 version in hopes of getting a PS4 soon enough to play it but it would be cheaper to buy the game again to play it on my PC instead :shepface:

You're doing your part to get more DQ games west.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

So now that we're finally getting it, what exactly is enhanced about 3DS VII?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

DQM 1 and 2 are entirely playable offline

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

They have their respective main game scenarios and post game scenarios, but the meat of each are the weekly tournaments and wifi casual/ranked battles that occur, as well as online street passing and trading, etc.

I mean, I still got close to 80 hours out of the first one completely offline, and I didn't even finish everything. If that's not the "meat" of the game, then there must be an absurd amount of online content.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Does the DQ Builders demo stream well from the console? Or would I have to use an external device to get to it?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Great! Thanks. Sometimes Japanese devs do weird poo poo to limit streaming, so I thought it best to ask before I tried and failed.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

And it's getting a physical release!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Man...my copy hasn't even shipped yet... :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Where the gently caress do you find cod in world 2? All I get from fishing is boots and sardines.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

the inception of the grindy JRPG

tbf they're the inception of the JRPG period. grindy or not. DQ 1 is The First.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Bashmobile boss owned, actually

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Len posted:

The Final Chapter never got better. It's the only one I rushed through because it was just bland and awful. Everything else I took my time and explored for so this is the first one I got the challenge of beating it quickly done.

what? the final chapter was great. certainly better than the garbo second chapter at least. i mean i beat the speed one too, but only because sleep wasn't at all necessary.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I bet they're waiting to also have a date for the switch version

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Has there actually been any news on that?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Release the original versions, cowards

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I don't want the FC ROMs of the first ones...I want the sfc ROMs

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

But, those are harder to play on my pvm

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

That's osananajimi

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

hey gbc dragon quest monsters is out on switch in japan, on the off chance anybody besides me is interested in that

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

So can anyone check if XI has japanese text when you switch your system locale to japanese?

Need to know if I am buying the US version of the game, or overseas one.

i also want to know this

Vegetable posted:

Man it really is just emulator on a wallpaper

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-retro-announced-for-switch

Why wouldn't they port the competent 3DS remakes? I guess that will eventually come. Although to be honest the remakes were underwhelming and I have a lot of love for the original's charm.

i'm a weirdo who prefers the gbc ones, so i'm more excited about this than porting the remakes

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Amppelix posted:

Ok, I had an opportune time, so I checked this: No. Japanese language text is not included as an option, or automatically when changing console language.

bummer. gonna keep with my plan of buying a used copy in november then

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I only played earlier joker games but I didn't like them much compared to dqm 1&2

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Nes dq2 puts hair on your chest

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yes???

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah I feel like they didn't really explain that or what any of the classes do.

i imagine it's in the game manual

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

the mmo is better than the offline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Even playing with other people it's still mostly just dq gameplay, not mmo gameplay

But I also simply just talk with the other people