Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol

but seriously DQ7 didn't just take Kiefer away from me forever did it...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Nihilarian posted:

Yes it did

CaptainJuan posted:

When I played for the first time I was so pissed off id used so many stat seeds on him
:melter:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

DQ7's entire chapter where you can finally change classes was crazy good. the arena was a fun surprise. i won't ever forgive the seed thief for bailing on our party just before

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

please dont tell me DQ7 has TWO seed thieves...

i like what theyre going for, having the party you start with not at all resemble what you end up with, but.......

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:comeback:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the face i just had playing DQ7 returning to the village of Labres seeing theyve crucified the drat priest

some raw rear end quotes from this chapter too lol. "The men should kill that freak as soon as they can. It'd be a snap if they just burned the temple to the ground as he sleeps."

cumpantry fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 11, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

MightyPretenders posted:

One thing I liked about DQ7's class system is that the hero's two fatherly role models growing up are clearly patterned after the Sailor and Thief classes. And if he follows both their examples, there's an actual intermediate class that combines them: the Pirate so he can take after them both. And there's also that little late reveal involving a legendary Pirate...
this is exactly the path i chose to take, so you can imagine my smile when i hit that spoiler

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

can't believe i finally made it to disc 2 of DQ7. it's been a hell of a journey and a hell of a first DQ after being introduced with Builders 2. whenever i can get a flashcart for my gameboy i'm hittin the trilogy that started it all.. . :slime:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

7 is so hard, it expects me to talk to npc

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the only chapter that sucked imo was the warring castles one. was a whole bunch of nothing and half baked ideas. im not sure why raguraz' castle was even there asides from tying into another chapter. there was one point where i thought you'd be refused entry through the barricade while stuck on the side of the thane, and you'd have the gnome and his wife help you to get to the other side. just kind of a dud overall

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Is the best way to play dq7 on ps1 then? Or 3DS

3ds adds cute class based outfits but the translation is more child facing and the cut content is stupid. ps1 ver rules

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

On the other hand, "Talk to this specific NPC, sometimes multiple times, and then walk away without realizing that talking to this person did anything" is absolutely asinine.
Thankfully 3DS fixed most of these by having the game go into obvious cutscene mode for most of the sequence trigger conversations. Still some left out there though.

Special shoutout to "Stay at this specific inn even though you just slept and are still full on HP/MP so sleeping is nothing more than a waste of money" gently caress you Hamelia/Wetlock I wish I could've left you to drown.

youre bad at dragon quest

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

In Training posted:

This sucks man. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

you guys are nuts i only ever turn on AI for grinding. half the fun of a jrpg is telling somebody to do something