Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

I had to walk outside at work this morning from the "people who have sex with fruit" joke

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

So I downloaded the Todd show today since I'm fairly burned out on Lance. I regretted it as soon as they got to the never ending argument about 3 hour RAW's ratings.

The Game of Thrones bit did make me laugh though.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
A couple days late on this but yeah the sex with fruit joke pretty muh slayed me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How the gently caress did they like the Lesnar-Michaels bit

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah when Dave said he liked the part where the cameras cut out and HBK was beaten up in darkness, I was a bit shocked. I was with Bryan, I thought that was corny as hell.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Show is free today, so you can go have a listen if you're not a member.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

heh, I very nearly subscribed last night just so I could hear their reactions to it.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I imagine showing the beat up in the garage would take away from the beat up in the ring which was the more important part.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone else having trouble reading the newsletter via Instapaper now?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I remember really loving all those backstage brawls back in the attitude era, and every once and a while now they're still good but I always would read how they don't come off well in the arena. The boos Brock got when he came out with Shawn tossed over his back like a dead animal were great. Super heat. If they'd just gone off the air with Brock beating him up backstage it wouldn't have been as good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

njsykora posted:

Anime North 2007, straight up slapped a kid who was getting in his shot while shooting a Conventioneers episode. They were surrounded by so much security as well because of the poo poo they started in 2006, and were being followed by con staff because they were technically banned from the con. I was so loving happy when I heard that shitpile got axed at last because they make conventions so loving miserable just by being there. It's the main reason I stopped listening to the LAW, I refuse to support anything he's involved with.

Wow, I always thought Agnew was a douche but I had no idea it was at that level. I enjoy Review a (Raw, Wai and Impact) more than I like the LAW itself. This has convinced me to stop listening to that show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sionistic posted:

I imagine showing the beat up in the garage would take away from the beat up in the ring which was the more important part.

I just wish they could have done it without the really fake static/camera cutting out deal. We've seen cameramen get bumped on TV before, it doesn't make a big hissy static noise.

It reminded me of Foley's book, when he talks about Halftime Heat. How, by using an unrealistic camera angle, it pulled everyone out of suspending their disbelief. That's what happened to me last night, as soon as they did that parking lot deal I just couldn't get back into it.

I really did want to be into it though, I wanted to have a great memorable moment that made me want to buy Summerslam. I was super pumped for Brock vs Cena, but I'm not hyped for the HHH Summerslam match at all.

Maybe I'd be more hyped if Brock went over Cena in that first match though, then I wouldn't be so sure of HHH going over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They could've completely improved that segment last night by having the camera on the ground but still working.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PaybackJack posted:

I remember really loving all those backstage brawls back in the attitude era, and every once and a while now they're still good but I always would read how they don't come off well in the arena. The boos Brock got when he came out with Shawn tossed over his back like a dead animal were great. Super heat. If they'd just gone off the air with Brock beating him up backstage it wouldn't have been as good.
It does also fit in with them both being hunters and all.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Speaking of, I cackled when Bryan suggested that when Brock snuck up on HBK backstage, he said to him, "You're a poor hunter."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Highlights of the new Bryan and Vinny include Bryan forgetting the entire last section of Raw and Bryan going off on a tangent about monkeys.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Bryan's story about the tattoo artist scaring him out of the tattoo... I was crying with laughter.

It's like something you would tell a child.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TLM posted:

Bryan's story about the tattoo artist scaring him out of the tattoo... I was crying with laughter.

So something you'd tell Bryan then.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Is there an RSS feed for the free Observer shows that I could plug into my podcatcher app thing?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Require More Fire posted:

Is there an RSS feed for the free Observer shows that I could plug into my podcatcher app thing?

Go to the home page and look for the "download to iTunes" link or whatever it says. I believe it has an RSS link in there. But if your podcatcher doesn't have the functionality to input a username and password I don't know if it will do you any good.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It keeps asking me to put in my name/password but it's never worked for me.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Wow, I always thought Agnew was a douche but I had no idea it was at that level. I enjoy Review a (Raw, Wai and Impact) more than I like the LAW itself. This has convinced me to stop listening to that show.

Agnew's completely terrible. He's got all the worst nerdy, rear end in a top hat-smark personality traits. The Law would be so much better off without him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Go to the home page and look for the "download to iTunes" link or whatever it says. I believe it has an RSS link in there. But if your podcatcher doesn't have the functionality to input a username and password I don't know if it will do you any good.

Just get Downcast, it's a great podcast app and supports usernames & passwords no problem.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Just get Downcast, it's a great podcast app and supports usernames & passwords no problem.

Nice. thanks!

I use iTunes on my work computer but I'll have to download this for my home/car listening.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

TLM posted:

Approximately when was this? I was kind of tuning in and out and I don't really want to listen to the whole show again

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Approximately when was this? I was kind of tuning in and out and I don't really want to listen to the whole show again

Starts at 12:30

Edit: v :cheers:

TLM fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 15, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

TLM posted:

Starts at 12:30

Thank you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bill Apter is on Art of Wrestling this week. If you're a wrestling history nerd then it's essential listening. Some great Kaufman stuff, Vince Sr and stories from working on magazines.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Observer posted:

*Ashley Fliehr Johnson, 25, is the daughter of Ric Flair. She was a star volleyball player in high school in Charlotte where she led her team to two state titles. When she was recruited and played at Appalachian State University, she was known as Nature Girl Ashley Fliehr (I actually saw that one in a volleyball mag when they were talking about her signing with A-State). After college, she had been working as a personal trainer. She has been given the name Charlotte, after the city she grew up in. Yes, they give Ric Flair’s daughter a fake name.

:bang: :bang:

edit

The Observer posted:

Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski was announced as the main event for One Fighting Championships on 8/31 in Quezon City, Philippines. Sylvia vs. Arlovski was UFC’s big heavyweight program in 2005 and 2006 and had three meetings. In the first, Arlovski knocked Sylvia down and submitted him to win the heavyweight title in 47 seconds. In the rematch, Arlovski knocked Sylvia down and had him just about finished when he let his guard down and got cracked in the jaw and fell to pieces in 2:43 of what was a hell of a finish. The third fight was on the same card with the second Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz fight, which was a dreadful five round fight. Arlovski blew out his knee early and couldn’t do a thing and lost the decision in a fight that felt like it lasted five hours instead of five rounds. Sylvia never could understand on that show why he was in the championship match, yet Shamrock and Ortiz got credit for all the records set business-wise that night and got paid more than he did. Really, this happened. Phil Baroni and Jens Pulver are among those also on that show.

:allears:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 16, 2012

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
On this week's Smart Wrestling Fan, Larry and I had so many tangents that Joe yelled at us after the show because it was now too late for him to go out that night. Hooray!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Bryan's idea for New Mistico's potential heel turn on today's Dr Lucha show made me laugh ("I'M SICK OF THIS CELIBACY, FREY!")

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Do Americans not call it "paracetamol" or are Bryan and Vinny just idiots?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Do Americans not call it "paracetamol" or are Bryan and Vinny just idiots?

I had no idea what paracetamol is until I googled it. I know acetaminophen, though. Most people would call it Tylenol.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Bryan's tattoo story was ridiculous, what a guy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love that Todd is a mark for Chael Sonnen

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't watch WWE, but listening to Dave talk about it makes me angry.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"Drug addicts always get their Twitter hacked. I'm not talking about Kurt Angle, but Twitter hackers always seem to prey on drug addicts"

Holy poo poo Dave

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
maria menounos is super attractive

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"Drug addicts always get their Twitter hacked. I'm not talking about Kurt Angle, but Twitter hackers always seem to prey on drug addicts"

Holy poo poo Dave

This was such a burn. Big Dave was jazzed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Dave went out of his way to not accidentally insult Brooke Hogan either ("NOT an unattractive woman") and ended it with "huge genetics" lol

• Locked thread