Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Jericho talking about Benoit is probably the most level-headed thing you'll hear on the matter. It's weird that there's some people who think Benoit should be in the Hall of Fame at all. They've not hidden his matches, that should be good enough. Fantastic wrestler yes, but there's still some unease when watching him. Funnily enough I had the same reaction to Jericho; when you see him raging out you can't help but wonder if that's what he was like at the end. You can recognise what a great wrestler he was while also being made uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Finally finished listening to the PSPod.

Really wanted to hear that Academy Award breakdown, but HulkaMatt abruptly ended the show.

:smith:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm really hoping the new AEPodcast on Backlash drops soon. I know the baddest man on the planet moved far enough away where it's been tough to record together, but hopefully they can get it done soon. It's been almost 2 months since their last proper episode FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN! Seriously though, Backlash 2000 owns and I can't wait to get their take on it.

Hopefully when Billy finally makes the trip to do the Backlash show they wind up knocking out the next month's show at the same time so there isn't such a long delay next time. They are in the period where I think WWE was at its all time height (um, Mania 2000 notwithstanding) so it's great fun to rewatch the shows.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm really hoping the new AEPodcast on Backlash drops soon. I know the baddest man on the planet moved far enough away where it's been tough to record together, but hopefully they can get it done soon. It's been almost 2 months since their last proper episode FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN! Seriously though, Backlash 2000 owns and I can't wait to get their take on it.

Hopefully when Billy finally makes the trip to do the Backlash show they wind up knocking out the next month's show at the same time so there isn't such a long delay next time. They are in the period where I think WWE was at its all time height (um, Mania 2000 notwithstanding) so it's great fun to rewatch the shows.

They said on Facebook that Backlash drops this weekend.

I do miss THE BADDEST MAN (BADDEST MAN) being on it regularly.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I do miss THE BADDEST MAN (BADDEST MAN) being on it regularly.

I'm just partway through the AE podcast back catalogue and I'm already sad knowing that the group will be breaking up :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I'm just partway through the AE podcast back catalogue and I'm already sad knowing that the group will be breaking up :smith:

They don't break up! It's just because Billy has moved away, so main timeline episodes have become more rare.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They don't break up! It's just because Billy has moved away, so main timeline episodes have become more rare.

Is there a reason they couldn't just Skype him in like other podcasts do?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The baddest man in the planet is Fuckin hilarious. Cracks me up every time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Is there a reason they couldn't just Skype him in like other podcasts do?

I think they just prefer being there in person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was gonna skip the Slipknot portion of Jericho's latest but the guy is a HUGE wrestling fan and his description of that Freakshow Wrestling Promotion he went to was incredible.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I was gonna skip the Slipknot portion of Jericho's latest but the guy is a HUGE wrestling fan and his description of that Freakshow Wrestling Promotion he went to was incredible.

I was the same way. It's always interesting to hear from these people who are legit wrestling fans, and clearly not just recent WWE fans. I also had no idea that Bray Wyatt's real name was Wyndham.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
At first, I would only listen to the wrestling-related guests on Talk is Jericho but I've started to listening to everything. I really liked the Run-DMC and Asa Akira episodes. If you're skipping the non-wrestling ones, I think they're worth a shot again.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I've got those two lined up.

The Corey one was good until he started talking about ghosts.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That Asa Akira interview with Jericho is cool because she's very charismatic and engaging of an interview.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I've made it a point to at least give whatever guest he has on the benefit of the doubt since Jericho interviews really well and tends to pick people he finds interesting, and he actually sounds like he is listening with fascination to what they're saying.

The Asa Akira one surprised me too, though she noted she has her own podcast so I guess she's extremely familiar with the format/style.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't want to disparage DVDASA but it is an acquired taste, to say the least. I'd heard the gang-bang story before, only with more graphic detail on one of the podcasts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince McMahon thinks Steve Austin should wear blue more often because it really brings out the color of his eyes :allears:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Pisscast was weird this week.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

dave and bryan have a really unbearable five minute argument early in last night's observer radio over a throwaway randy orton segment. it felt never ending

It pretty much boils down to Bryan being an idiot manchild and Dave being a sperg that won't allow his senseless unfunny banter to go without correction. I'm actually amazed this doesn't happen every show.

E: to me, Bryan Alvarez is the guy who isn't Bill Burr in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6JKgDsD3_E

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 23, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Xerzes posted:

This week?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I've made it a point to at least give whatever guest he has on the benefit of the doubt since Jericho interviews really well and tends to pick people he finds interesting, and he actually sounds like he is listening with fascination to what they're saying.

The Asa Akira one surprised me too, though she noted she has her own podcast so I guess she's extremely familiar with the format/style.

It's why it was so surprising to me to hear them give out about Jericho on the last AEPodcast. They said something akin to Jericho and JR turning people off. I can see why they'd say that about JR but not Jericho. Yes the first 10 or so minutes are a pain, but just skip through it. If you're ignoring that he's actually a good interviewer then that's a shame.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Xerzes posted:

If the intent is 4:13 of audio weirdness, it's certainly got that. Either the guys have gone postmodern or the audio isn't loading correctly.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Discount Trombones posted:

If the intent is 4:13 of audio weirdness, it's certainly got that. Either the guys have gone postmodern or the audio isn't loading correctly.

They took my advice and didn't do a Raw recap. This wasn't my intent. :ohdear:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Best Pisscast yet, imo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Xerzes posted:

I assume it was someone accidentally recording whatever it was they were watching, and a little bit of skype in the middle. Considering what they might have recorded, it could have been worse!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

Vince McMahon thinks Steve Austin should wear blue more often because it really brings out the color of his eyes :allears:

He's right

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Discount Trombones posted:

Intentional or not, I laughed when it transitioned to ~brieeee moooode~.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the new direction we decided to take the Pisscast!

Episode 64 is coming soon as well. Actually, it IS edited, it just hasn't been released to RSS and iTunes yet. You can peep it here if you want. http://www.mediafire.com/download/buyy9qnnkcdde35/064+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

By the way - this show has audio of the Giant's strange debut in WCW. I finally found it!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I forgot all about episode 63 until I checked this thread.

Episode 64 is good though really good I bet!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I recently subscribed to F4W/wrestling Observer podcast and there's, like, ZERO back catalogue before October and it's updated once since then.

Is that, uh, normal?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nilbop posted:

I recently subscribed to F4W/wrestling Observer podcast and there's, like, ZERO back catalogue before October and it's updated once since then.

Is that, uh, normal?

That's not normal. F4W/Wo update at least once a day if not more often. What are you using to download these?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Are you subbing to the free feed?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah there's definitely something screwy because this is just the past three days of podcasts alone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I ain't disputing that :colbert:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alice Radley no longer reviews Raw on her Raw review podcast, instead she talks about how feminism is bad and how we need to stop the emasculation of men :psyduck:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's not normal. F4W/Wo update at least once a day if not more often. What are you using to download these?

I'm just using the Podcast app on my iPad.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Are you subbing to the free feed?

Yep.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On Chris Jericho's podcast tomorrow...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know it's a week old, but that B&V Machida song and history lesson was great :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 24, 2014

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Alice Radley no longer reviews Raw on her Raw review podcast, instead she talks about how feminism is bad and how we need to stop the emasculation of men :psyduck:

If there's one thing missing from wrestling, it's representations of masculine men.

On another topic: I generally don't mind the introductions on Jericho's podcast, but man the title of his new book just flat-out sucks. And he mentions it like a dozen times each episode. And he reads out the whole drat title each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Didn't she give up on watching raw about a month ago? I didn't know anyone listened to her podcast. :colbert:

I stated the Jericho podcast with Sabu this morning. It's pretty good so far. I skipped through the intro but I didn't know Jericho was still doing that Egypt character.

• Locked thread