Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah, can you expand on the ingredient list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Was there bacon

no

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah, can you expand on the ingredient list?

1. potato
2. soup

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

just ate some potato soup, ama

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ama over thanks for coming everybody!!!

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Anyone can make an AMA on Reddit. Most of the ones on the AMA subreddit are completely mundane stuff.
Well, yeah, but at least most of the time they were noteworthy for something they did or a career they have chosen. "Dave Meltzer's son" isn't really enough, at least to me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cardboard Box posted:

just ate some potato soup, ama

Was it cheesy?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
between F4D and WOR there's some peak stupid rear end incapable of enjoying wrestling Bryan today

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Cardboard Box posted:

no

1. potato
2. soup

Ya hosed up

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Spermgod posted:

between F4D and WOR there's some peak stupid rear end incapable of enjoying wrestling Bryan today

I don't think Bryan actually watches anything with The Miz involved and just assumes he hates it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

D

Edit: I guess if you work backwards, A works.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 29, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Maybe I'm an rear end in a top hat, it's very possible!"
- Bryan Alvarez, September 2016, on why he can't feel sympathy for a person giving his all for a passion despite failing.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't think Bryan actually watches anything with The Miz involved and just assumes he hates it.

he's actually been very vocally a fan of the miz's mic and character work for a while now, it's ziggler he doesn't like

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cardboard Box posted:

he's actually been very vocally a fan of the miz's mic and character work for a while now, it's ziggler he doesn't like

Now his complaint is that he isn't supposed to like the Miz

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Bryan has very strict ideas about faces and heels that most people don't subscribe to anymore. It's why he always has to go to the "back in my day" rhetoric.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't believe Meltzer flat out admitted that he just makes up stories all the time! :aaa:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the segment worked but I will not begrudge someone for not being able to look past the fact that it involved the miz and dolph ziggler

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Super No Vacancy posted:

the segment worked but I will not begrudge someone for not being able to look past the fact that it involved the miz and dolph ziggler

The miz. Is good.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Bryan has been going insane in the forum thread about the F4D; specifically, people saying they liked the segment. He submitted seven straight posts. If people want them, I can share them, but I don't want to spam the thread.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Someone called into WOL about it and he had a small-scale meltdown about opinions and the Board lol

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I'm all for dissenting opinions, I think it's more that it seems endemic to his lovely negative attitude towards all current wrestling in general.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Big Trev tweeted the main post anyway

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/781578218964914176

Which is bullshit, because one of the refreshingly great things about the segment was that for once, it WAS all about wins and losses.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What'd he say?

Edit: nevermind.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well I mean Alvarez biggest problem has always been that he sometimes seems to not really pay attention to a segment, and create his own story in his mind that he will refuse to accept isn't the story thats actually being told. If the story he thinks has been told was the one that had been told then he would be absolutely right, but it isn't and so he's wrong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Given both Miz and Ziggler came out to barely a reaction at the last PPV Bryan isn't the only one who finds it really difficult to care about either.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

why anybody enjoys Ziggler is a mystery

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't enjoy him most of the time, but he was great in that segment. I also thought he finally slowed down and had a very good match at Backlash, but I don't expect that to continue.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love Dave just destroying people on twitter.

MassRafTer posted:

Given both Miz and Ziggler came out to barely a reaction at the last PPV Bryan isn't the only one who finds it really difficult to care about either.

I feel bad about it because my opinions on people evolve all the time and I'm not really giving him a fair chance, but in the day and age of the skip feature on Tivo it's just too easy to avoid him all together.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The great predator is in jail and no longer subway

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Latest Sidewalk Slam is up, covering the lead-up to SummerSlam.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Don't you love how the remaining fans of this dying industry act

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/781904597660995584

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think anyone else here listens to Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling but on the off chance, has anyone been able to download the new episode? It keeps stalling for me in Doggcatcher.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think anyone else here listens to Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling but on the off chance, has anyone been able to download the new episode? It keeps stalling for me in Doggcatcher.

It downloaded fine for me. I use Instacast on ios.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

Worked okay for me on beyond Pod. Also what's up BUDDY!?!?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I use iTunes and it downloaded. I got my weekly dose of Sexual Mauro

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/782147613999009792

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Already been shared, guy

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think anyone else here listens to Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling

It's a good show

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/782275239182938112

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
God doesn't work for ROH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it